Fallout 3 CTD before menu without mod

Well ive got the very common issue of Fallout 3 + Windows 7 crashing but even if i put the Antiliasing to 0 and edit the ini file (bUseTheradAI=1 - iNumHWThreads=2) the game still ctd before the main menu.

Oh and the service pack is set to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and i CANT set the affinity, it just refuses the access even after i press Show processes for all users, probably because i dont have enough time to get to the affinity menu before the game CTD's

If you have any solution please help me, i'm stuck on this since 3 days and ive reinstalled the game 2 times.

Well ive got the very common issue of Fallout 3 + Windows 7 crashing but even if i put the Antiliasing to 0 and edit the ini file (bUseTheradAI=1 - iNumHWThreads=2) the game still ctd before the main menu.

Oh and the service pack is set to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and i CANT set the affinity, it just refuses the access even after i press Show processes for all users, probably because i dont have enough time to get to the affinity menu before the game CTD's

If you have any solution please help me, i'm stuck on this since 3 days and ive reinstalled the game 2 times.

this will tell you your problem :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/637/?

Doesn't tell me anything is wrong.

Oh yea and i just remembered that last time i installed the game and i actually played it (2 years ago), steam didn't count my play time so maybe it's steam that's crashing my gams, and if it is well i dont remember how to fix it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/13245/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18900/?

I have this problem since always, with NV, the only way to run it is using one of these d3d9 or installing a ENB, I can't run vanilla. It took me days to figure it after I bought it... such a non-sense, huh? solving it with some "unofficial" d3d9 while the support didn't answer my emails... Could this be your case too?

Guest carywinton

One of the top most common problems with Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas was they were never designed to run on Windows 7 or 8, I am uncertain how this is covered for Windows 8, but in Windows 7 if "Disable Desktop Composition" is selected when the main executable file is "right clicked" on then put a check mark in the check box under compatibility, has been known to help quite a bit. Also if Steam is installed into the main "Program Files" directory the "UAC" User Authentication Access Control program can cause problems during the read, write and unpacking process.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

CaryWinton

Archived