BlueSky - canceled SexoutNG port

At present I've installed no skyrim mods myself. Initially I held off while waiting on an updated FOMM' date=' but that was abandoned, so I'm having to do that work myself (skyrim support). In the mean time, I'm not installing anything except my own stuff as I test. I refuse to install any mods in a beth game without a good manager to "undo" any damage that gets done.

NMM is junk from what I hear, causing no end of problems with FONV, so I won't be using that either -- even though (I believe) it is by the same author as FOMM.

[/quote']

It's not actually that bad any more. It used to be pretty horrible, crashing all the time. These days it seems to get the job done fairly well. When I did my last installations of Fallout NV with it, only one mod wouldn't install (install scripts crashed).

The main selfish reason why I'm trying to discourage you from spending time developing FOMM is naturally that I would rather want you to focus your time and energy on BlueSky and Sexout. ;)

Some guy made an animated prostituation mod. How did he do that if you can't add new animations?

If you're talking about this one: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10748

And this is taken from the front page details:

":Final Note...

I stoped work on AP-NV to look after my sick and die-ing mum...

I WILL NOT be making "AP - Skyrim" anything nere like F3 or NV (or the unrelesed OB).

I have mostly relesed this as a Here this is how to do it' date=' and hope other moders can use/expand on it.[/i']"

I also kind of remember him saying something about hot swapping animations or something in the comment section.

At present I've installed no skyrim mods myself. Initially I held off while waiting on an updated FOMM' date=' but that was abandoned, so I'm having to do that work myself (skyrim support). In the mean time, I'm not installing anything except my own stuff as I test. I refuse to install any mods in a beth game without a good manager to "undo" any damage that gets done.

NMM is junk from what I hear, causing no end of problems with FONV, so I won't be using that either -- even though (I believe) it is by the same author as FOMM.

[/quote']

It's not actually that bad any more. It used to be pretty horrible, crashing all the time. These days it seems to get the job done fairly well. When I did my last installations of Fallout NV with it, only one mod wouldn't install (install scripts crashed).

The main selfish reason why I'm trying to discourage you from spending time developing FOMM is naturally that I would rather want you to focus your time and energy on BlueSky and Sexout. ;)

Haha, I understand.. :)

I'm working on NVSE (still) right now anyway, not FOMM. Sexout needs MOAR NVSE features. BlueSky just has to wait a bit longer, it does look like good progress is being made with the animation problem though, and I still expect support from SKSE at some point -- it's too big a target for them not to add some stuff there.

If they don't, the NVSE experience I'm gaining now should make SKSE plugins easier to do.

• 3 weeks later...

what happen to sprideslayer' date=' he didn't post something here in a long time, did he gave up?

[/quote']

Busy with life, only time I have for modding I'm spending on sexout and the NVSE extender right now. FOMM modifications are on hold for now, bluesky is on hold at least until that is done. Hopefully by the time I get around to working on it again, the animation support has improved to the point that I can 'ignore' it as a concern.

what happen to sprideslayer' date=' he didn't post something here in a long time, did he gave up?

[/quote']

Busy with life, only time I have for modding I'm spending on sexout and the NVSE extender right now. FOMM modifications are on hold for now, bluesky is on hold at least until that is done. Hopefully by the time I get around to working on it again, the animation support has improved to the point that I can 'ignore' it as a concern.

Thanks the reply, Just to ask.... did you try to make bluesky without script expander? or you need that.

Thanks the reply' date=' Just to ask.... did you try to make bluesky without script expander? or you need that.

[/quote']

I started on it before SKSE was released, within a few days of the CK being released. Ran into all the animation trouble, and haven't worked on it since beyond planning.

Thanks the reply' date=' Just to ask.... did you try to make bluesky without script expander? or you need that.

[/quote']

I started on it before SKSE was released, within a few days of the CK being released. Ran into all the animation trouble, and haven't worked on it since beyond planning.

it's been a long time, why not let it be a demo then a full release?

[/quote']

it's been a long time, why not let it be a demo then a full release?

It's maybe a little presumptuous for me to say this, but I don't think this project progressed far enough for anything playable to emerge. There are other efforts in the works, such as the Slaver's Guild project, but I wouldn't expect anything close to the Oblivion Lovers system for quite a while.

it's been a long time

This is the kind of statement that makes me really just want to say "to hell with it" entirely. It has NOT been a "long time." If this is taking too long for you' date=' I have only one suggestion: Learn to mod and DIY.

why not let it be a demo then a full release?

Because there is nothing to demo, and as I already explained:

1) I am TOO BUSY to work on it right now.

2) The tools are not yet ready.

3) There are "no" animations available yet.

• 1 month later...

Fore's new FNIS 2.0 allows the addition of new animations without weird tricks now. Apparently all ya gotta do is name your animations in accordance with his little scheme and reserve numbers for them so they don't conflict with other mods that use his animation system.