Is there a fix for crash to desktop on exit skyrim ??

D_ManXX2

One thing that has always bugged me about HDT is no matter what version i used HDT would always crash my game when i exit skyrim has anyone ever figured out a way to not make it crash on exit ??

Maybe this may help? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/?

Does it still crash/hang if you use qqq console command to exit game? I always use that command as I'm never fussed about going through the menu options to exit to DT.

It might sound completely random, but my CTD on exit ended when I installed ENB. As my rig is rather in the low range (can't run any ENB properly :() I substituted that with the IMAGINATOR mod and still no CTD on exit.

Sounds random, might actually help you or be an unrelated occurence. Installing IMAGINATOR doesn't do any bad so you might wanna give it a try :).

I have ti too. It doesn't do anything, but it's really annoying and it makes shutdown take longer.

this thread isn't active now, but me and a couple other users tried to see what we had in common. If you would, answer some of those questions here and maybe we can figure it out.

Personally, I can't say that i have any idea unless it's something system based.

One thing that has always bugged me about HDT is no matter what version i used HDT would always crash my game when i exit skyrim has anyone ever figured out a way to not make it crash on exit ??

Does it still crash/hang if you use qqq console command to exit game? I always use that command as I'm never fussed about going through the menu options to exit to DT.

i have safety load and it did not prevent the crash on exit. it's weird. maybe it is some mods combination with HDT that causes the conflict.

But knowing bethesda it is just there fault as usual, oblivion was also crashing allot on exit. and skyrim is no different. i think it is the way memory is handled by bethesda and if it runs out it will crash.

i have safety load and it did not prevent the crash on exit. it's weird. maybe it is some mods combination with HDT that causes the conflict.

But knowing bethesda it is just there fault as usual, oblivion was also crashing allot on exit. and skyrim is no different. i think it is the way memory is handled by bethesda and if it runs out it will crash.

Thing's like the Safety load and newer versions of ENB make an attempt at sorting out Skyrim's oldfashioned memory management, it was built after all on <2006 tech where most of us were still pre 64bit systems and <4gb of ram lol.

Thing's like the Safety load and newer versions of ENB make an attempt at sorting out Skyrim's oldfashioned memory management, it was built after all on <2006 tech where most of us were still pre 64bit systems and <4gb of ram lol.

WRONG!!!

Bethsoft said it's an entirely new engine

. . . remember? that means that it's not pre2006 tech, but that it's post 2010 or even 2011 tech. Plays like it, too. Right?

NEW TECH. RIGHT?!

WRONG!!!

Bethsoft said it's an entirely new engine

. . . remember? that means that it's not pre2006 tech, but that it's post 2010 or even 2011 tech. Plays like it, too. Right?

NEW TECH. RIGHT?!

I'm not entirely wrong at all lol, don't forget they would have been working on Skyrim just as Oblivion came out to the likes of you or I, same goes for Fallout 3. All of which basically use identical game engine. Most game engines are made to last nearly 2-5 years before having any major version change. Things will be added or modded or got around all the time to make it "up to date" with current tech that anyone may have at the going time. E.g. Do you really think there is any game on the market that utilities every nut of power that the new PS4 or Xbox One has? Doubtful in the real world, remembering a time I personally didn't see the "full" use of the Unreal engine 3 until Gears 3 and that engine was knocking on 6 years old by that time. I mean Hell! How many games can you hold your hand up and claim to be actually full on 64bit  :D? Just handful if that... and that's saying something when most of use should be all almost into the 64bit era before that starts  to get's shadowed late either this year or in the next couple.

Seeing as how the engine works i say it is not really new, just better optimized but still riddled with bugs from previous games.

They say the exact same thing about new Vegas and fallout 3 only to discover it was still the same engine from oblivion and was even using assets from oblivion they where really sloppy. How the hell did the horses get fallout oops that was 1 of many left overs from oblivion. :D

It still is a 2011 game tho :° There's not a single 2011 game as large and sophisticated as Skyrim, and it's been 2 years already, standards change fast !
The fact that it's so sophisticated for a 2011 game is the reason why we all think it's the glitchiest game ever. 
I wouldn't have had a problem with them publishing it in 2013, with those standards we wouldn't have complained until, what ... 2015 ? Ahaha
I don't know if I made my point across there, but anyway I agree, those engine made CTDs and conflicts, dirty edits and all the stuff that's making the job hard for modders should've been sorted out before releasing the game, even if they would've had to slap some producers in the face to do it. 

It still is a 2011 game tho :° There's not a single 2011 game as large and sophisticated as Skyrim, and it's been 2 years already, standards change fast !

The fact that it's so sophisticated for a 2011 game is the reason why we all think it's the glitchiest game ever. 

I wouldn't have had a problem with them publishing it in 2013, with those standards we wouldn't have complained until, what ... 2015 ? Ahaha

I don't know if I made my point across there, but anyway I agree, those engine made CTDs and conflicts, dirty edits and all the stuff that's making the job hard for modders should've been sorted out before releasing the game, even if they would've had to slap some producers in the face to do it. 

It is a 2011 released game but was in development whom knows when :shy:. Sophisticated well I don't really know... It's very modifiable but that's what was allowed of it unlike some engines. Crytek Engine 3 for Crysis 2 can do same if not more and was also shooting for gold with being Dx9 straight into Dx11 if you had the hardware for it back then. Just comparison really. Full of holes and rubbish left behind in many games but Beth I think hung up there jacket when ESO was on the menu and they had a reasonably good enough setup for us to try fix their problems for however deep you would like to modify.

The things I found sad about Skyrim crashes and freezes was that Bethesda knew beforehand that we're going to overload the game with tons of mods just like we did in Fallout and Oblivion and that their engine WILL quickly crash under that load due to the way it handles memories. STILL they did nothing to resolve the problem, neither for Fallout after Oblivion, nor for Skyrim after their previous games. Very, very discouraging :(.

Thankfully for us there were people out in this world who gladly solved the problems lazy Bethesda had produced and loading hundreds of hair and eye models into racemenu is no longer a problem :).

As for the CTD on exit- a pretty recent issue I noticed. As far as I also observed, it has nothing to do with memory handling, because reducing the number of mods and precache killers don't help much. I accidentally solved the problem by installing ENB and leaving most of its files intact. However, I doubt this is what actually helped me :/.

Archived