Need Advice and Thoughts Regarding a New Mod I Want To Make

FrankenLife

Overall the animation allignment in SexLab is pretty good for all the standard races in the game. But when you start using custom races or tweeking the scale of the races in the game everything goes way off. You get odd gaps and bad clipping. With all the ways people can customize the game it is a bit unreasonable to expect SexLab to account for all the variables people can put in their game. I would like to build something that would allow the player to calibrate it of sorts so that the animations work better for their game.

What if you are a really big GWAR fan and wanted to play an 8ft alien who loves midget sex. Or maybe you just have a thing for Amazonian women. Or perhaps you just don't want your ZZZ tits to clip. I don't know how many people this would be useful for, but I find myself constantly needing to adjust the characters positions mid scene and I'd like to create something that will keep me having to do that. However I have never made a mod, and need some advice on how I can best go about learning to create it.

How does SexLab store and access the animations and actor positions? Is it possible to have it recognize that one actor is gender X an race Y before it chooses an animation and positions the actor? Is it possible for the game to take the position adjustments a player made in a scene and export them to a table that could be read by SexLab in the future? How detailed is the data that makes up an animation? Is it possible to label different parts of the skeleton and tell it to move actor1 part A move to actor2 part L so that it can more dynamically change things like hand positioning?

Goals:

1. Edit the animations in my own game to fit various races and characters that I have.

2. Create a way for others to do it easily with a Mod/plugin.

3. Become a functional animator that can contribute to SexLab.

Like I said before, I have never made a mod before, and don't know where to begin. What can be done in CK, and what other software do I need to reach my goals? What are the best resources for learning how to do this? Is this something others would use?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

Would this be something that I would have to do for each specific race? Or would this be a general reconstruction of how the characters position to where a script would define the position on the fly? From what I can see the animations seem to be static poses with a couple parts moving. The first step that I was planning on doing was having it recognize the races and genders before the animation starts and have it automatically know that one should be moved forward or whatever. Working with the nodes was going to be the next step. My thought was more for more natural hand positioning.

I'm fine with it being a lot of work. This kind of stuff is best done by 1 person or a group outside of the main creator because it is big enough that they have more important things to worry about.

Where do I go to learn how to do this? Can I do it with only CK and Notepad++?

You can do it with only Ck and Notepad++.

Just have a look at the animation scripts in SexLab Framework and see if youy can't overwrite those values depending on race. 

This should not be too hard to do, but a lot of tedious work, boith with coding and testing until you get just the right setup..

Is there a way to force the actors into a specific animation. I can force 2 characters to have sex, but I don't think that have a way to put them into a specific animation. I got FNIS idle spells but I have no idea how or if I can use it to make 2 characters get into position for a specific animation. Ideally I would like to select 2 actors, pick an animation from the SexLab list, pause it after they get in position, and adjust it there to be able to see how much I need to move them. If the directional adjustments are a static number for each button press, then I can count the presses to guesstimate a good starting point for finding the right alignment.

Like I said before, I have never made a mod before, and don't know where to begin. What can be done in CK, and what other software do I need to reach my goals? What are the best resources for learning how to do this? Is this something others would use?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

Look at the "FNIS Spells Modding Tutorial", at the FNIS files page at Nexus. I made this long tine a ago for a special purpose, but I think it's pretty well suited for modding beginners.

Archived