Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quick Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,032 posts

I've installed all of this in that order but for some reason my game keeps crashing on start up D:

Hey sorry to hear that.

Open a topic in the lovers technical support thread and be sure to include the following information:

1. List out what utilites you have and their versions.
(Example: OBSE v20, Pluggy v125c, OBMM and so on)

2. Post your load order and please use a spoiler for it.
(If you don't know how to get your load order: open obmm and select import\export and then view load order. Copy it and paste it here).

As to your crashing at startup....this happens because you are missing a master file or an ini. In order to figure out which it may be we'll need to see your Load Order. :)

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

ssjkirby

ssjkirby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Hey there!

I've been playing with different mod versions and load orders for the past week and after lots of helpful advice, I now have a setup that works flawlessly for me. I thought I'd try to give something back to the community so I've written down what to install and in what order.

@mods: I hope it's okay to attach it to this thread - if not, just delete this reply or ask me to make a new thread :)

Goals

A) I wanted to make the Oblivion characters look better. I tried "Beautiful People", "Modular Beautiful People", "Modular Beautiful People++", "Xeo 4" and "Xeo 5", but while they definitely look nice, it was too Anime-styled to me (imagine those scruffy old gate guards having the faces of teenage Anime heroes). So I picked some mods which improve the looks of vanilla Oblivion characters without radically changing them.

B) I wanted some sexy armor for my B-Cup heroine. Looks like E-Cups are the standard for Elder Scrolls heroes, so I had to search a bit. I discovered a huge mod called "Apachii Shop" that adds a shop to the Waterfront with hundreds of items and a patch for that mod which converts some of those items to B-Cup size.

C) I wanted to play the Lovers mods, including LoversCreatures and LoversBitch because I'm a dirty bestiality freak :)

Quirks

On my first attempt, I decided to create a set of mod directories that I just had to copy into my Oblivion "data" directory in the right order. I even unpacked some OMODs. This seemed to work fine at first, but when I installed the HGEC Body High Rez Textures, Oblivion suddenly reverted to the underwear-struck stock bodies again even though it had used the HGEC Body just moments ago.

Here's the reason: Archive Invalidation. Oblivion's "Archive Invalidation" (what makes it use custom files instead of the original ones contained in the .bsa archives) is buggy. Oblivion Mod Manager contains some creative techniques that take care of this, so I did a 180 degree turn and packaged everything as OMODs.

Also, as I found out, using the wrong skeleton causes weird graphics glitches. If you find your character's boobies extending to somewhere on the other side of town, with graphics garbage all over, read this: Corrupted Meshes in LoversBitch 0.5

Steps

A. Beautification

B. Armors and Clothes (Obviously, make your own choice here)

C. Lovers Mods

That's my install and load order both in one. As I said at the top, I went berserk and packaged everything as OMODs so I wouldn't have to worry about the issues described at the top. In hindsight, it's a pretty neat solution, too: whenever I want to try a new mod, I just deactivate my mods down to the point where I want to integrate the new mod, then reactivate them and it's like a clean install all over again.

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about Oblivion Mod Manager at first, but after figuring out how to create OMODs (hint: they're just fancy zip archives) and that OBMM basically just displays what's in Oblivion\Obmm\Mods and lets you "Activate" (install) and "Deactivate" (uninstall), this turned out to be a very tidy way of handling things.

This is my end result:
Posted Image

Hopefully this will help others get up and running quickly.

So he just downloaded every zip file from he listed, went down the list and turned every zip folder to OMOD? [little new to modding[]

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,032 posts
It is certainly one way to do it. Personally I rarely ever do anything like this, but I also usually don't install the esp/esm's either if it is a clothing/armor/weapon mod as I prefer to load them into one custom esp saving me the slots and avoiding dirty edits. However if you aren't as anal as I am this is a tidy way to handle things that doesn't take very long at all to do. :)

DamianGrimm

DamianGrimm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
for some reason everytime i start having sex my female characters body disappears and does not come back. It´s fine if i just make her masturbate but if theres sex it disappears. I did everything in the order posted and have archive invalidated and other basic stuff but this i cant seem to get around of. Any help will be much appreciated

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,032 posts
Damian, archive invalidated may be your problem. Dump it and use the bsa redirection method of OBMM.
http://cs.elderscrol...ve_Invalidation

Also you'll get a quicker response if you post in the technical assistance thread and include utilities installed along with versions (OBSE v20, Pluggy 125c, and so on) along with a complete load order. Until you do this we can really begin to help.

(†Foggy♥Sugar†)

(†Foggy♥Sugar†)
  • Guests
Link is step three is useless. Not saying this to be rude just pointing it out for other new people trying to get this right by themselves.

allsop2604

allsop2604

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I need some serious help, I'm following everything step by step and I can't even get any of the mods to work. First of all, following the installation instructions for the required programs is a headache.

So to start things off I just installed Oblivion and updated it to "Oblivion_v1.2.0416English".

OBSE says to only "Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe to your Oblivion directory.". But there's other files and a folder (including sub folders) that look important. So I'm not sure if I'm 'installing' that correctly. Am I?

BUframework instruction state to "1.Put all files in this MOD to the DATA folder of Oblivion.". Which means it wants me to place the included 'data' folder within my Oblivion 'data' folder, rather than merge them (which I'm assuming is what I'm suppose to do, seeing how nothing is working). So do I put the included data folder into my current data folder (creating program files/bethesda softworks/oblivion/data/data) or do I just merge data with data (leaving just 1 data)?

Pluggy is straightforward.

So those are my concerns regarding my setup.

Specifically my issues have become apparent when I went to extract the LoversResource and LoversWithPK_Rev91 packs. Using winrar I get error messages for all files saying that that can't be opened. This tells me that somethings not set up properly.

Please help, I've spent 3-4 hours on this already and I feel like I haven't got anywhere.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,032 posts

I need some serious help, I'm following everything step by step and I can't even get any of the mods to work. First of all, following the installation instructions for the required programs is a headache.

So to start things off I just installed Oblivion and updated it to "Oblivion_v1.2.0416English".

OBSE says to only "Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe to your Oblivion directory.". But there's other files and a folder (including sub folders) that look important. So I'm not sure if I'm 'installing' that correctly. Am I?
Those 3 files are all that is needed. The sub folders are just developer stuff. NOTE: you will need to make two sub folders for pluggy and other similar utilities and they are obse\plugins folders. The full path that pluggy goes into is oblivion\data\obse\plugins\

BUframework instruction state to "1.Put all files in this MOD to the DATA folder of Oblivion.". Which means it wants me to place the included 'data' folder within my Oblivion 'data' folder, rather than merge them (which I'm assuming is what I'm suppose to do, seeing how nothing is working). So do I put the included data folder into my current data folder (creating program files/bethesda softworks/oblivion/data/data) or do I just merge data with data (leaving just 1 data)?
NEVER place a data folder into THE data folder as it just won't work. Unzip all mods to a temp location and examine the folder structure to make sure this never happens. You are correct in that you would need to "merge" the two data folders together. As a general rule all esp/esm "files" as well as all meshes/textures/sounds "folders" will go into the oblivion\data\ folder.

Pluggy is straightforward.

So those are my concerns regarding my setup.

Specifically my issues have become apparent when I went to extract the LoversResource and LoversWithPK_Rev91 packs. Using winrar I get error messages for all files saying that that can't be opened. This tells me that somethings not set up properly.
You HAVE to use 7.zip to extract them and many other mods. Winrar just won't work. 7.zip is free so grab it here: http://www.7-zip.org/

Please help, I've spent 3-4 hours on this already and I feel like I haven't got anywhere.

See my answers in red above :)

allsop2604

allsop2604

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

See my answers in red above :)

Thank you so much. After I posted last night I actually figured out I wasn't able to extract Lovers directly into program files due to admin permission stuffs. So I extracted them into a temp folder and moved it without issue.

Now that I know what I've done wrong I'm going to uninstall everything and start over. Looks like I was putting all the data folders in the wrong place (guess that's what I get for being too literal instead of just using my head).

I feel reassured knowing how to install everything with certainty now. Thanks again.

Menesh

Menesh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
It's best not to install Oblivion into Program Files at all. Windows UAC (User Access Control) may always mess with mods or mod tools (like Bash). So unless you disable UAC completely (not recommended) or give yourself full access to your Oblivion directory the best solution is to install it somewhere else (like C:\Games\ or something).

allsop2604

allsop2604

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Well I know this isn't the right place to ask, but I'm not sure where else would be better on this forum (also, I figured it'd be better than bumping an additional thread).

I got everything installed including some of the general/basic Lovers mods plus creatures. I'm having trouble understanding how everything works (first time oblivion player). I see the spells and know how to use them but I'm not sure of their effects, if any. The ones that adjust the options make sense to me - but that's it.

Also, what initiates Rape from creatures and monsters? Is it random? Can you initiate it yourself? What about for 'passive' animals such as horses and deer?

Once again, I apologize for asking this here. I'm just trying to understand the mechanics of these mods.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,032 posts
Pop over to this link for a quick explanation of some of the basic plugins:
http://www.loverslab...read.php?tid=65

Rape from all creatures is random for the most part. Some plugins like lovers bitch can change this to make it more direct.

leon68

leon68

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Hurray, after many frustrating experiences with mod installations I got my lovers.pk running almost perfect. Thanks to all busy guys here for doing such work to make games more fun :)

speirsy69

speirsy69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
is there a mod for pregnancy with creatures, humans, monsters

(†Foggy♥Sugar†)

(†Foggy♥Sugar†)
  • Guests

Step 3) Browse the downloads section for plugins to add the functionality you want to the game. Without one of these plugins, Lovers with PK itself will do nothing. All of it's functionality comes from other plugins (http://www.loverslab...m-Downloads--16)

Hello again after a very long time. I just wanted to point out that the link in this is broken. If I have said this or it has been pointed out which is very likely, please don't ban me or be upset I cannot remember I am only trying to help.

bryman1970

bryman1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Just wondering if this is compatible with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and Martigen's Monster Mod. I'd like to try this one out, me thinks.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,032 posts

Just wondering if this is compatible with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and Martigen's Monster Mod. I'd like to try this one out, me thinks.

If you mean lovers with PK, then yes it is compatible. Myself I run Better Cites and OOO with lovers without any problems. I have a ton of other mods installed besides that as well. The main mods to avoid are the older sex mods like sexlivion and friends & lovers. Mayus Animation Overhaul also can cause problems.

Other than that you should be ok. Remember that load order is critical and while BOSS is great for other mods it is TERRIBLE for lovers. Run BOSS on your load order and then hand order your lovers files. A guide for a working lovers load order is here: http://www.loverslab...ad.php?tid=6133

bryman1970

bryman1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Great. Thanks for the reply. Are there any decent instructions on how to use Lovers (and possibly the other mods)? Or did I totally miss that forum?

ekul1021

ekul1021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
Hi, is there anybody using the Shivering Isles downloaded from Direct2drive and have been having any problems or working their way around it?

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,032 posts

Hi, is there anybody using the Shivering Isles downloaded from Direct2drive and have been having any problems or working their way around it?

Why do you ask? Are you having problems? Kinda gotta give a bit to work with here. If you are running Win7 or Vista and it installed oblivion to your program files directory then you are going to have all sorts of problems with UAC.

If this is what is causing your problems then try to find a way to move oblivion out of the program files directory.