Head mesh doesn't fit the body

Shizune

Alright, yet again I have problems with the damn seams. For a long time I had problem with fitting Hello Santa's face textures to Fair Skin body texture, but eventually after applying certain ENB and doing some blending and tone matching it came out even good, but now I discovered that all the female characters have this gap in their neck which is probably a result of unfitting head mesh. I use ECE, but it doesn't involve changing anything that much.

What am I supposed to do?

nADiiBS.jpg

I am still looking for answer. I use UNPB body with modified mesh (breast float values). Everything worked alright and now all of the sudden I'm getting disgusting seams like if the head mesh was from a completely different mod. What should I do? The only reason why my character has a neck seam is because of that damned problem.

Besides, I've tried changing the mesh back to original, still there are those issues.

Are you having problems with hand gaps too, particularly when zooming out a good bit? I was having the neck problem with pretty much all bodies, solved it somehow though. I don't know what exactly it was that I did to solve it, but now the neck gap is only really noticeable on the Sevenbase bombshell body. I just remember uninstalling and deleting everything Skyrim related and reinstalling fresh, then trying each mod and the gap never noticeably came back on anything except the bombshell body, at least on the neck. The UNPB Redux body has weird extremely thin gaps in random places though, like on the buttocks, but not on the hands or neck at all. The gaps weren't noticed by me until I tried an ENB for the first time and then UNP texture blend which I've used many times before, they never went away completely after. So we're a bit similar there if they really started then and I didn't just notice them when they were there previously.

If you're only having it on the neck, maybe we're having completely different causes. Very annoying issue though and whether it's enb, texture blend, or something else, I don't see how it can possibly linger in the game in any form after complete reinstalls.

Changing the textures won't solve the problem because one, I've recently changed them, two, it's the matter of model.

I've got to admit, I started noticing seams after I put on ENB, but I've run game with and without both ENB and antialiasing and the seam is still visible. Besides, it's the matter of character. Some NPCs have great looking neck and the seam is just on their back. My old character that save I loaded had really visible both hand and neck seams though she used not to. My current character has a visible seams only if I zoom much, but the neck seam is much more visible than wrist seam. What worries me the most is that I don't know the source of this problem since reinstalling body does nothing.

Okay after dozens of tries with the help of Aiko I'm still stuck here.

What I did was:

- use unedited UNPB meshes,

- use non-BBP version,

- use vanilla animations,

- reinstall body mod,

- reinstall ECE,

- check other characters,

- check other body mods.

The problem is simple: whenever my character's moving or just playing an idle anim hollow lines can be spotted around neck and wrist area. It just looks as if the head and wrist mesh don't fit body mesh properly. It happens only on UNPB BBP body when moving etc. As soon as static pose is played the seams disappear. I tried to use different body types and the issue is no longer there, I mean I tried UNPB Redux and vanilla body. The seams are not there so it has to body mesh's fault.

Sadly I can't to switch to UNPB Redux as I use UNPB clothing so whenever I equip armor or anything the seams get back.

I hope someone can eventually help me.

Try to move "\Meshes\actors\character\character assets\femaleheadraces.tri" somewhere temporary. This might break something in ECE(or completely everything xD, but you can to just move it back), i think it might be a source of the problem.

Also, you can try ECEE and ECE 1.1(not released on Nexus yet).

edit: you can also try Enhanced Character Edit fix, it's for the UNP Topmodel, but might do the trick.

Now I'm out of line. I reinstalled Skyrim, I installed only a minimum of mods and haven't yet proceed to install all the necessary mods for my main character. I still get the seam on both neck and hands. I haven't installed anything body-related apart from UNPB BBP, XP32's skeleton and ECE. Once I saw inaccuracies I deinstalled ECE and it still freaking appears. I know no longer what to do. I'm totally out of ideas. Any other body mod works, just not this damn UNPB. No other body mod sports any difficulties like this.

I have never had such a problem since like two weeks ago. No major changes, no nothing - yet still.

My load order is as following.

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
WetandCold.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp=1
The Dance of Death.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1

I don't know if it is your problem, and you most likely will deactivate it and tell me it didn't solve THIS problem, but I have read many bad things about WetandCold. There are so many mods that when reading through posts on them people say " I deactivated WetAndCold and it fixed my issue ". These range from armor mods, perks, races, etc. I honestly lost count of how many times I have heard this mod causes people problems.

Also, when you reinstalled, did you also delete the Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini located in the DRIVE:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Skyrim ?

Drive and username are relative to the computer.

I'm not saying these will solve your problems, I'm just pointing them out.

Good luck.

Uriel, I use UNPB for a long, long time.

Shaydow, thanks for the advice, I did as you told. I've unistalled Wet and Cold and still this damn problem. I've also deleted Skyrim.ini and SKyrimprefs.ini, got them again via automatic detection and still the damned seams occur. I have absolutely no idea what causes that.

OLW8AJX.jpg

I don't even know why do they happen, they did not use to :| All of the sudden I have that problem regardless of what I do.

The only body type I have that problem with and of course must be the body type I use only.

Archived