The Evil Mansion

geonosis

has anyone tried this awesome lore friendly resident evil mod for skyrim already ?

wow just wow i was expecting a RE1 clone for skyrim that kills the feeling of skyrim  but i was so surprised after reading some books in the mansion rewriten to be lore friendly.

i woud love to hear your opinions on that :)

for the few ones that missed the mod here the link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41037//?

• 2 weeks later...

There was no way to tell when it ended though, unless you know the actual game pretty well.. Also some crazy stuff happened after I got out of that room with poison gas, the effects didn't take place until waaaaay after I finished the mansion. After a while my character started coughing and losing health, messing up my animations too, and as soon as the poison went away it came back. Later I ended up pausing the game for a few seconds and when I unpaused I got hit with like 20 poison statuses and died immediately.

It was getting annoying but I eventually fixed it by just letting all the poisons effects run their course. But shit, I was starting to think I had to restart my game or something.

Love this mod. Really brings me back to the old Resident Evil series. They did a great job of remaking it.

Had a couple hiccups in the first release with triggers not going off, but with the new version, everything works great. Was a lot of fun playing through it. Would of been neat if they added the music from Resident Evil as well, but probably couldn't get permissions to do that and it would probably get removed from Nexus if they did that.

But overall, this is a fun mod.

there's a Tristram Cathedral mod too on steamworkshop, it sucks that a certain asshole removed the mod and the link

its obtainable via workshop =(

Probably cause it used assets from Blizzard that they did not have the permission to use. I remember that mod on Nexus, and they used the music from Diablo in there along with models and such. So naturally, it was copyright infringement.

there's a Tristram Cathedral mod too on steamworkshop, it sucks that a certain asshole removed the mod and the link

Probably cause it used assets from Blizzard that they did not have the permission to use. I remember that mod on Nexus, and they used the music from Diablo in there along with models and such. So naturally, it was copyright infringement.

its this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177751493

=(

=(

Yeah that's the one. It uses music from Diablo, which is licensed to Blizzard Entertainment. Music that they don't have permission to redistribute, thus copyright issues. I'm surprised it is still on Steam to be honest. They already deleted his Warcraft Tavern Music mod, surprised they haven't deleted this one too.

=(

Yeah that's the one. It uses music from Diablo, which is licensed to Blizzard Entertainment. Music that they don't have permission to redistribute, thus copyright issues. I'm surprised it is still on Steam to be honest. They already deleted his Warcraft Tavern Music mod, surprised they haven't deleted this one too.

i think that diablo 1 is already free of bullshit like war 1 since D3 1.08 faillure

How would someone go about getting a copy of a mod from the workshop as a compressed file? I've lost a couple mods from there. Is there a way to get a backup copy?

It's quite simple really.

Download the mod from Steam (subscribe to it), then copy the files it downloaded to a seperate folder. Now you'll always have that mod and can even unsubscribe from it and then just use your backup copy. If you want it compressed, zip it up yourself. Really simple.

How would someone go about getting a copy of a mod from the workshop as a compressed file? I've lost a couple mods from there. Is there a way to get a backup copy?

It's quite simple really.

Download the mod from Steam (subscribe to it), then copy the files it downloaded to a seperate folder. Now you'll always have that mod and can even unsubscribe from it and then just use your backup copy. If you want it compressed, zip it up yourself. Really simple.

What I am wondering is how to know if I have found all the files as they will probably be spread out. I know the first places (data, textures, meshes.) Just really wondering if there is a way to know exactly what files it downloaded (i.e. # of files).

Just got through with the Evil Mansion, was pretty fun. Bit basic, but it brought back memories and was actually a bit challenging searching for dem keys.

Could use better lighting though, looked kinda bland in there, other than that it's pretty solid.

Also, that Tristram mod looks friggin' sweet! Going to have to give that one a run.

• 3 months later...

=(

i think that diablo 1 is already free of bullshit like war 1 since D3 1.08 faill.

I was able to find a link to said mod via a youtube user link to another site a while back, but after downloading it, playing through it, and removing it from my game, I logged off for the day. Later when I went to log onto steam and play Skyrim again, steam acted like I had never installed Skyrim and forced me to redownload the game. Before I redownloaded Skyrim, I thought I would be smart and make a copy of my data folder so as not to loose any of my mods, but upon reinstalling the game and the data folder I noticed that several of the mods in that data folder were missing files, so I had to reinstall them as a result.

I'm saying I think Steam might have had something to do with the reinstall of my game because of copyright issues presented by that mod, so I wouldn't recommend playing that mod unless you don't use Steam, just to be safe.

• 2 months later...

So ladies and gentleman, it looks like Buckes is still alive on Steam and he removed his diablo cathedral mod

could someone please speak with him about leaving his mod here on LL, if don't update here since Workshop and Nexus banned his Cathedral mod fearing blizzard's nerd rage?

Archived