How to match color of the wig with normal hair?

I need to know how can I change the color of the hair from this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88416 to the original color just like this follower has https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37869/ I checked textures and it's actually same texture(same original color), even in the inventory it looks like it is supposed to have the original color https://imgur.com/a/GaJGE, but as soon as I equip it, it will turn black. I checked both nifs in nifskope and it turned out every value in the BSLightningShaderProperty is the same https://imgur.com/a/MLFvh so really I have no idea what's causing black color. Probably it has to do with something of 1 hair being a wig and 2nd being real hair.

Yundao_HDT hair has a couple of thing in it that are clearly wonky. A few of the hair/wigs seem to either have a broken mesh or CK form. I haven't looked within the files but a couple of them really show the messiness in-game. 

And I really love that hair mod too. The HDT in it is near perfect.

Since you checked the mesh thoroughly in nifSkope, I'd suggest looking at it in TES5Edit or CK. I'm not savvy on the how for armor-addons though, so someone else could help you better on what to change or look for. 

16 minutes ago, A She-Wolf said:

Yundao_HDT hair has a couple of thing in it that are clearly wonky. A few of the hair/wigs seem to either have a broken mesh or CK form. I haven't looked within the files but a couple of them really show the messiness in-game. 

And I really love that hair mod too. The HDT in it is near perfect.

Since you checked the mesh thoroughly in nifSkope, I'd suggest looking at it in TES5Edit or CK. I'm not savvy on the how for armor-addons though, so someone else could help you better on what to change or look for. 

I checked it in CK but, there's really nothing about colors in Armor and ArmorAddon types on entries. What's weird if I open ArmorAddon of this wig in CK and then select "Biped Model" and select hairstyle nif from the follower's folder, the preview window will also show it darker, so i have no freaking idea where is this damn color coded. TES5edit isn't helpful here either.

Hmm, I wonder what realclone did to it to get the color.

There's that really pretty style that only comes in black too. It's the one with the pearl drop beads and in-game it's like the textures are all blocky/don't fit the mesh. Maybe that's just my game though. Or maybe a case of file corruption on their end. You might want to ask in the mod's own comments or the creator. I'd keep in mind a language gap if you do it in english.

7 hours ago, SeveN085 said:

Probably it has to do with something of 1 hair being a wig and 2nd being real hair.

there's no difference between your "wig" and your "real hair"....

the armor have no head

so bslightingshader hairtint don't load anything on the armor

180510043842623137.jpg

180510043902489000.jpg

180510043920451736.jpg

that's not an armor

180510043755840192.jpg

there's a meshe called "hair" in the nif, game load the head nif fine with the random headpart "hair" pick from a formlist

that's how you give random hairs that keep the npc hairtint to npcs

Found it, it's "Hair Tint Color" value in the bslightingshader. The blond version of his hdt hair styles have R G B set to 1.00, which is basically color slider in racemenu turned all the way to right (iirc), which is basically white. Of course you can't get white hair with racemenu, it will just make really glowing blond and that's what I had in my game. I found that R G B set to 0.605 will get you close enough. It's a little bit brighter than original hair, but still looking good. I don't think you can get the same perfect color, since copying the hair tint value from follower's hair nif won't work, because she has it actually set to 0.133 which is black, yet her hair is golden, doesn't make sense lol.

26 minutes ago, SeveN085 said:

because she has it actually set to 0.133 which is black, yet her hair is golden, doesn't make sense lol.

you can't understand that stuff "yourself" if someone doesn't tell you above it's not your nif set to 0.133 that is load on that npc in game?

Language gaps indeed.

3 hours ago, SeveN085 said:

Found it, it's "Hair Tint Color" value in the bslightingshader. The blond version of his hdt hair styles have R G B set to 1.00, which is basically color slider in racemenu turned all the way to right (iirc), which is basically white. Of course you can't get white hair with racemenu, it will just make really glowing blond and that's what I had in my game. I found that R G B set to 0.605 will get you close enough. It's a little bit brighter than original hair, but still looking good. I don't think you can get the same perfect color, since copying the hair tint value from follower's hair nif won't work, because she has it actually set to 0.133 which is black, yet her hair is golden, doesn't make sense lol.

I'm glad you made some progress! good to hear, now I'll know what to look for too. 

2 hours ago, A She-Wolf said:

Language gaps indeed.

I'm glad you made some progress! good to hear, now I'll know what to look for too. 

Yeah no problem. Also I found out that the rgb values of the npc's hair color are actually stored inside the generated mesh in FaceGenData. R: 0.570 G: 0.540 B: 0.510 if you want to get the exact same color.

Archived