Game freezes

Brucealso

Ever since i installed Dawnguard and the new texture pack my skyrim game will freeze...the music is still playing but cant move or nothing and everything stops working...i can however do a control alt delete and bring up the task bar and it will say Skyrim not responding and i can highlight and shut it down...any ideas?

I did a deffrag of my cache and revalidated my game to no avail.

TIA.

I had the same problem but seem to have gotten rid of it.

Here are the mods that seem to freeze skyrim after installing dawnguard (some freeze the game without dawnguard too supposedly):

-Enhanced Blood Textures

-Unread Books Glow

-Any mod that changes your skill trees without being compatible with dawnguard or made before dawnguard without updates (this may not be true, I've finally stopped my freezing so I don't really feel like testing it anymore)

After I got rid of these and made a new game, I was still freezing. So I got rid of Mini Lovers and FNIS completely. Started a completely new games and haven't frozen since. I may have installed Mini Lovers wrong, but I doubt it as I had it working 100%. I was trying to hold on to it for the longest, but now I'm thinking this is the mod that caused the freezing all along because I got it a few days after I got dawnguard. I unchecked the esp files to test and see if that was it but it still frozen. I'm thinking it has something to do with the scripts or it's probably FNIS's fault. I don't know enough about either mod to fully confirm. I just know I'm not freezing anymore (for now).

If you have any of these mods, get rid of them and start a new game (you have to start a new game, your saved games can't be helped). If you don't have any of these mods then I'm not sure what it could be.

This sounds like it might be related to save game bloat - has the size of your save games increased recently?

My saves are very few, maybe 5 at the most at anytime.Since i have changed my papyrus settings thins seem to be ok so far have maybe 6 hours in total game play since i changed them.

after i try anything i now about using mods(i`m not a modder)

i still have the same problems as brucealso.

i cleaning my game,that means:

all the old mods out,clean save,kick all the old saves out,put all the updated mods back and started a new game without the old saves etc etc,nothing helps!

sometimes i play 2-3 hours with out any freeze,next id freeze every 2 minutes.

not all the mla animations running always perfect,sometimes the npc jumping or rotating around instead of having fun :)

hmmm ok maybe that is there way to have fun and i don`t understand it ;)

i have dawnguard now to and it make no difference!

when i disable mla there is no game freeze at all!

anyway it still looks like the mla mods are the reason for that freezing but i don`t like to kick them out,so i have to accept this till something else is coming :)

Archived