daedric elves crashing problem

Nemi

do i need to do anything special to make the daedric elves race work? i drag and drop it, start up skyrim, it crashes; uninstall it, skyrim starts fine.

can anyone think of any reason this might happen? all i do is drag and drop the data folder onto my skyrim one, which, was the suggested installation method.

i do have dawnguard as well, so, it's not that.

to further iterate on this issue, the only other custom race i have is mystic elves v1.5 by trykz (the same author of this race; all the rest of the mods are either armor, weapon, body (CBBEv3M/coverwoman), hairstyles or textures. i can't think of anything that'd make it crash immediately on start-up. could it be alternative start that might make this happen?

i did disable the mystic elves race too, but, that didn't help either. it just crashes. kaput. could anyone think of any mod that i might have that makes the race crash immediately? i can't even get to the menu screen. it crashes after the bethesda/skyrim logo.

i would put a list of all the mods i have, but... that'd take awhile.

A bit more info would be a BIG help:

Do you have Dawnguard installed? (you do, so that's not it)

Do you have Cherry's CHSBHC physics installed?

Is the mod placed high in the load order as recommended? (right below any hair mods)

If the answer to any of the above questions is no, then you likely have your answer.

Dawnguard is clearly listed as a requirement right above the title of the mod, and ALL of my race mods now use physics. Mystic Elves was my first race mod for Skyrim, and remains unchanged, using whatever body your vanilla races are using.

edit: the only other thing I can think of, is are you running ANY other mod that alters beast race tails? The mod is dependent on the beast race skeleton to function. If you run any mod that alters the skeleton or tail of Khajiits or Argonians, that would surely cause a crashing issue.

Do you have Dawnguard installed? (you do' date=' so that's not it)

Do you have Cherry's CHSBHC physics installed?

Is the mod placed high in the load order as recommended? (right below any hair mods)[/quote']

as far as i know, i have the physics installed. i'll try installing it again and reporting back. i installed it... long, long ago, so, i might've gotten deleted at some point.

EDIT: it didn't help. i just did a fresh install of it. and no, i don't have anything that effects the beast races tails. i never play them. here are my mods:

A Quality World Map

Alternate Start

Ancient Nord Armor and Saviors Hide CBBE

Apachii SkyHair 1.4

Apachii SkyHair Female v1.0

Arrows and Bolts Tweaks

Ashara "Dimonized" Romantic Dress and Dragon jewelry

" " CBBE patch

Auto Unequip Ammo v4

Better Deadly Bandits

Better Females - Eyebrows (custom rip of just eyebrows from Better Females)

Better Magic

Birds and Flocks

Bowlegged jump animation fix

Breezehome encantint able plus lights fix

CBBEv3

CBBEv3 Dirt to Beauty Marks

CBBEv3 Armor replacer

CBBEv3 Outfit replacer

Castanic or Highelf style idle replacer

CBBEv3M Body Replacer

CHSBHC v2.4

Cloaks of Skyrim

Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows

Conj. and Summoning Fixes

Coverwoman Look 1

Daedric Elves

Dawnguard Crossbow Explosive Ammo retexture

Dawnguard vampire armor CBBEv3

DreamBorrow's Field Mage retex

Elegant Vampire Armor

Elegant Vampire Armor darker sleeves

Enchantment Balance Overhaul

Enhanced Distant Terrian

FavoredSouls Evening Star

Feminine Running and Dash Animation v1.0 BBP Pack

Field Mage Outfit

Fore's New Idles Behavior Files v3.1.1

" " Spells v3

Glowing Ore Veins

grVulture Realistic Lighting Configuraton

Hair Packs of TES IV

High Resolution Scars v1.10

Immersive Armors v5

Kaw Claws

Lady Jewelry

Lovely Hairstyles v06b

Mystic Elves by Trykz (<3)

New Animation for Running with Bow v1.2b

Nine Divines AMulet NonOP

PC Exclusive Animation path v3.0.1

Pinup poser

Realsitic Lighting with Customization

Saber Cat Gear Ancient Nord Armor Variations

" " Backpack v2a

Sit Animation - Post 3 Final

Skyrim Flora Overhaul v15a Hi-Res

Skyrim Monster Mod v9

TAKE NEW SLOT Glasses, ears, earring

The Eyes of Beauty NPC Textures

" " Player

" " Vampire - Dawnguard

The Pines of WHiterun v1.2

The Skeleton of Female Models - Perfect 3-2

Victoria's HH Walk Animation - VHH walk v1.0c Less exxagerated

W.A.T.E.R - Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux

Wearable Lanterns - v2.2 No BSA

Women of Skyrim - Enhanced Female Normalmaps

that's it.

any of those you can think of that'd conflict?

and, how i installed the physics was i disabled EVERYHING that was related to bodies, installed the CHSBHC mod first and then overwrote the body textures/meshes (CBBEv3 -> CBBEv3M), but, i didn't overwrite the skeletons. i did, however, overwrite the animations with xp32's stuff.

here are my mods:

any of those you can think of that'd conflict?

Nothing really stands out.

I would start by deactivating PC Exclusive Animation Path as it seems the most likely culprit. Also, make sure any realistic lighting mods are down toward the bottom of your load order. Beyond that, it's going to be a trial and error thing until you find which one it is. Start with the animation stuff. Deactivate one at a time and try loading the game. If it crashes, re-activate that mod and deactivate the next, repeating the process until the game finally loads.

It's surely not the mod itself, but something clashing with it that's causing it to CTD. BOSS tends to put my mods at the bottom of the load order, which is the last place they should be.

Finally, what alternate start mod are you using? I use LAL without any issues at all for any of my races. But.... itneeds to be dead last in my load order or it doesn't work, and my game CTDs.

Keep me posted,

Trykz

wow.

WOW.

i have absolutely no words.

i'm such a fucking retard.

so, i redownloaded daedric elves, thinking - maybe - it had gotten corrupted. i installed it manually, then, went into NMM to adjust the load order and happened to glance at its "Masters" list. i looked at the mods listed, paused and read what i had... and noticed that RaceCompatibility.esm was completely missing. i installed it.

lo and behold, it works fine.

/bashes head against a wall

wow.

WOW.

i have absolutely no words.

i'm such a fucking retard.

so' date=' i redownloaded daedric elves, thinking - maybe - it had gotten corrupted. i installed it manually, then, went into NMM to adjust the load order and happened to glance at its "Masters" list. i looked at the mods listed, paused and read what i had... and noticed that RaceCompatibility.esm was completely missing. i installed it.

lo and behold, it works fine.

/bashes head against a wall

[/quote']

LOL..... glad you got it working :)

LOL..... glad you got it working :)

yeah.

i went through and disabled every single mod, but stuff like birds and flocks, better terrian, etc. and none of them worked.

i had a feeling that it'd be something super simple that i missed.

Archived