Script to NPC do not equip a helmet at all

Hello everybody!!!

this is my firs ask here. First I want to sorry for my poor English, I am from Brazil and I don't speak English well

Well, I am making a mod that add a new companion (child female) in Fallout 3. This companion basically has 3 interactions:

1 Follow Player

2 Wait

3 Agree that the player change item in her inventory.

When the Player share a helmet or a cap or a hat with her, she immediately uses the head wear, but the head wear is for adult, is not for child, so the head outfit gets disorganized, the mesh of head outfit get into the mesh of her head. I want to know how I can to make a script that does the my companion never can uses the head outfit. Thank you very much!!!

Sem título.jpg

Something like this if you know where to put all this(required fose, if it's a fo3). Change "CompanionRef" to the your's one RefId(that uses in the worldspace, not the editor's one)

ref rHat

if (CompanionRef.GetEquippedObject 10 != 0)
	set rHat to CompanionRef.GetEquippedObject 10
	CompanionRef.UnequipItem rHat 1 1
endif

Commands used
http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=GetEquippedObject
http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=UnequipItem

4 hours ago, JoelLorena said:

Do you know if there are someway to execute this script always during I am playing Fallout 3?

Through a script that will be assigned to this character, or through a quest script. Both ways will do works at any time, don't know about a optimization of this script, but all should works fine

4 hours ago, JoelLorena said:

Thank you very much!!! This script is very good!!!

No problem

Hello again, my friend!

I have tried another way. I make other helmet called MyAgathaCapacete with 100 Health, without Model .NIF and I deselected Playable option (this way, the MyAgathaCapacete does not appear in the Agatha's inventory, on the game, and since MyAgathaCapacete does not has NIF model, MyAgathaCapacete does not appear in Agatha's head on the game too), and I put this helmet in the Agatha's inventory. The NPCs equip automatically the armor/ helmet that has more heath, so she does not equip another helmet, because she is already equipped with the MyAgathaCapacete :smiley:

Again... sorry for my poor English, I don't speak English, I tryied, but I think that I made a lot of mistakes :confused:

Thank you very much!!!

Sem título2.jpg

Sem título.jpg

P_20180503_220142.jpg

P_20180503_220231_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, JoelLorena said:

I have tried another way. I make other helmet called MyAgathaCapacete with 100 Health, without Model .NIF and I deselected Playable option (this way, the MyAgathaCapacete does not appear in the Agatha's inventory, on the game, and since MyAgathaCapacete does not has NIF model, MyAgathaCapacete does not appear in Agatha's head on the game too), and I put this helmet in the Agatha's inventory. The NPCs equip automatically the armor/ helmet that has more heath, so she does not equip another helmet, because she is already equipped with the MyAgathaCapacete :smiley:

Okay that's fine too, if it won't make any bugs in the future, you can use this way.

Also about the in-game screenshots, you can make them through the "PrintScreen" key on the keyboard, a screenshots will be created in the fo3's game folder. Or through a steam/gog.

Again... sorry for my poor English, I don't speak English, I tryied, but I think that I made a lot of mistake

You think that am I an english speaker here? I'm not, at all. So it's fine

Thank you very much!!!

No problem, again

Archived