Hands Changing Size when NPC's interact with Objects

I got a question regarding the NPC's hands, now I know that this bug effects CBBE and UNP hands since I tried both desperately of-cource, I am only asking here to see if there's anybody that knows a fix to this bug.

I have adjusted the shape on my female NPC follower including the hands which I made smaller since the default size is way to large in my opinion, but whenever she grabs something such as a book to read, a mug of ale etc... her hands suddenly revert back to the default size or even bigger I've noticed, and when she finishes interacting with that object the hands remain large until I reload a save or get out of the house and get back inside, then the hands go back to the shape I adjusted, which is frustrating since she once again grabs a book or other objects, thus yet again making the hands get bigger.

Example picture below showing the same NPC, the 1st 2 picture are before she interacts with any objects, and the 3rd 4th and 5th are after she garbed a simple mug of ale, it also happens when she holds a book, food to eat and simple ingredients.
Any help from anyone is very well appreciated.

If there are no fixes already to this problem, would anyone like to make a fix please?
Best regards,
GM207

ScreenShot16.png

ScreenShot17.png

ScreenShot18.png

ScreenShot19.png

ScreenShot20.png

7 minutes ago, RedPassenger said:

try a new save with or without size does matter and tell me it works

also post your mod list please

I say this because certain things are hardcoded into your save including a npc's weight once the save is first loaded in the game.

Hello RedPassenger, sorry for the delayed response; ok I tried starting a new game and still it didn't work with and without Size Does Matter.

As for my mod list here it is.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
BeeingFemale.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
EFFCore.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
UndergroundBathhouse_light.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
UndergroundBathhouse.esm
GeneralStores.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Heels Sound.esm
Size Does Matter HF.esp
Size Does Matter.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
NPC_Overhaul_V_1_.esp
LC_BecomeJarlofIvarstead.esp
breezehome_fully_upgradable.esp
SkyUI.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Eyes of Aber.esp
SGEyebrows.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
MasculinizedLevelLists.esp
Populated Dungns Caves Ruins Legendary.esp
prostitutes.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
LCJarofIvarsteadExpansionGirlsPack.esp
SexLab Attraction.esm
SexLab Approach.esp
FNIS.esp
UIExtensions.esp
AddItemMenu2.esp
BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
XiNafay - Shoes.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SexLabDangerousNights2.esp
SexLabTools.esp
NecroAnims.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
FootIKOffSpell.esp
GoToBed.esp
FISS.esp
HDT Havok Object.esp
banditfemale.esp
jh_ELF.esp
jh_people2.esp
JH_Companion.esp
jh_dawnguard.esp
JH_dragonborn.esp
LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
Populated Cities Towns Villages.esp
nTr4nc3 - Whiterun Mansion.esp
bathhouse.esp
FelNin_Eng.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Increased Arrow Damage.esp
zzLSAR.esp
MINIDRESS.esp
CharmingHighHeels.esp
PrettyMotionMCM.esp
CoverSelf.esp
ShowersInInns.esp
SexLab_Dialogues.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
brawlbug-plugin.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp
MasculinizedLevelListsDG.esp
MasculinizedLevelListsDB.esp
AnubAnimObj.esp
SLAL_K4Anims.esp
Spousetocustomhome.esp
GreatKilt.esp
Vivace.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
LoversComfort.esp
ub_cell_bedroom.esp
ub_cell_dislayroom.esp
ub_cell_darkarea.esp
ub_cell_cavern.esp
ub_cell_maintenance_room.esp
ub_cell_kitchen.esp
ub_cell_teleportroom.esp
SpousesEnhanced.esp
UniqueBows.esp
Instant Mastery.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
Jennifer.esp
LycHairstyler.esp
Greek_Armor.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
Realistic crime report radius.esp
Add Perk Points.esp
Embiggen.esp
dcc-dm2.esp
PuppetMaster.esp
vlsimu.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Realistic Room Rental.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
The Bondage House.esp
Simple Slavery Defeat.esp
SissySuite.esp
Dora AC.esp
HTools.esp
BDO_BaekMuSae.esp
TrissDress.esp
Luxury Collection.esp
Luxury Collection Vendor.esp
ub_cell_armory.esp
ub_tapestry.esp
ub_amulet_dialogue.esp
ub_apachii_hair.esp
ub_invite_any_npc.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 1.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 2.esp
warburg's 3d paper world map - dawnguard.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Dragonborn.esp

Size does matter probably can't help you here, I think the scale reset here is happening in the animation where size does matter just removes the everyone the same size race scaling that takes place. It's still a good mod to have as it's harmless and prevents children or short npcs from becoming huge when using furniture. I don't think that drink mug is included in there because that's back to the issue of the animation vs a race scale. Anyway, the mod should work on loading without starting a new game so if it didn't work then this problem is probably not a race scaling issue.

Likely the only way, or maybe the easiest way, to fix this is to actually have the npcs complete body and hand meshes created and using a custom file path. Scaling even the entire body, will end up getting reset often by animations and will only change back to your settings when npc is reloaded.

• 3 weeks later...

Really needs to be done by making a standalone body mesh or could also have a standalone skeleton. Anything else that I can think of to deal with nioverride updates add more cpu load to the game and just decrease the chance of keeping it stable.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

A solution i found was changing some animobjects. Such as animobjectbread.nif and animobjectdrinkingtankard.nif. You can find these files inside data/meshes/animobjects folder. These objects are replaced by staple-mods such as SMIM.(Static Mesh Improvement mod) I am not entirely sure if its SMIM, and whats wrong with the files. But i changed these animobjects with nifs from another mod, and then my girl suddenly was able to eat without growing gorilla hands. I have of course all the mods as mentioned above, such as racemenu, XPMS skeleton etc, and my skyrim worked well in general.

I took some files from this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/105502) and that worked well for me. If you install this, this mod can solve your growing hands problem while eating food, as it has its own animobject.nif files.

Warning though, i myself replaced the animobject files by hand inside my data folder, i actually did not install the entire mod. This mod works well, but if you are using realistic-needs-and-diseases mod, this mod will modify several food items, adding its own animation effect on them as special effect, while removing the filling part from those foods, making these food-items useless for your realistic needs mod.

• 2 years later...
On 9/9/2020 at 7:04 AM, Mookeylama said:

this is buggin me bad. get large hands after using most animations. eating drinking, playing instruments w/ better bard mod ect. still no fixes?

Did you find a fix? I have tried practically everything I could think of and I run out of options here. I even deleted the animobjectbread.nif and animobjectdrinkingtankard.nif in the  Meshes0.bsa to check if the game is reading the files from there but I got nothing not even a crash. I have no idea from where the game is taking those animations.

I also installed the mod mentioned in the post above mine , but no joy. This is a really persistent problem, I am out of ideas here.

Edited by zzaee
  • 6 months later...

It's a common issue. I am no expert, but it looks like the game handles animobjects in such way as it never changes the animobject's size, but changes the actor's hands size instead to match the size of that object. It is done that way to prevent clipping maybe. I think it is coded into one of the behaviour.hkx files or something.

I am sure there is a way around either through DAR or through FNIS. You need to force particular NPC or group of NPCs (e.g. Race) use animation specified for that NPC or group of NPC, with "their own" animobject model edited to match the hand of smaller size.

Fore, the FNIS author done modding, so we can't ask him. The problem has to be addressed to an expert in animation, that's for sure.

scaling in race should be 1, or close too. 

Changing hand size on skeleton is not a good idea, if not custom race.

This will be messed up by animations. If needed, change the mesh and make a worn armor.

Use scaling on character, like race 1, or close to and scale npc to the size you want.

Look at the images of the little faerie eating bread. Her size is like reaching to the knees of the player.

Edited by Tlam99