Which LoversIdleAnimsPriority to use?

varenne

Well my project in S.C. got cancelled so I'm back to messing around with Oblivion MODs again to continue to evolve my setup and Oblivion experience.

So I've also been playing around with LoversMotionNT for a while now, and as much as I liked the new animations I prefer variety; the novelty of them has worn off. I noticed the other threads on this MOD and how the ESP is not really required, so I disabled it and didn't see any issues.

I didn't much care for how the LoversMotionNT animations always seemed to dominate when animations were selected and played, (the old animations and ini's also get overwritten, but thats another issue) so I thought it was this MOD, only to discover that in fact is also has to do with which LoversIdleAnimsPriority you are using.

The file size of the one I have is 414 KB. I often use this in conjunction with file date (1/5/2020) to try and determine the origin of the file, in this case its from the download here for "Lovers with PK Complete Package".

After running some searches and reading through a few more threads I find this post

"Also you can try another LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp fixed by Chase Roxand(LoversBitch author). It was made to fix randomness on those anims".

The file size of the above LoversIdleAnimsPriority is significantly larger, 636 KB (with a date of Saturday, ‎April ‎21, ‎2012, ‏‎11:55:46 AM) unfortunately it causes my game to CTD, and best I can tell so far, its caused by when a PTRoamingNPC animation plays nearby, so some weird incompatibility maybe. It also messes with RaperS and the ability to rape dead NPCs you kill. It just resurrects them, no rape plays.

Also noticed that the "New and improved animation project 2.4" uses yet another version of LoversIdleAnimsPriority, I'll be testing that one next I guess...

And finally, I noticed that the AIO over on Hongfire is also using a much larger file as well, (also around some 600 KB) but yet again different, maybe due to that using Lovers Rev 96. (I reviewed multiple versions of AIO as well.)

So if anyone has successfully setup Lovers 94 (Donkey's reworked version) with the ability to use multiple creature animations, randomly please post your details, including which LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp and either where you downloaded it from or a link to it. I downgraded once from rev 96 back to 94, I'd really hate to have to go back to 93 or 91. That's a de-evolution and the opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks!

To shed a bit of light, the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp that comes with the lovers base pack is the 1st stage and has limited animations in it. The one that comes with lovers creatures adds the animations for its creatures to it. Then Donkey's new improved animation pack further adds in those animations that come with that pack.

Long story short the one in Donkey's new animation pack is the one that has the "most" animations plugged into it (the base pack, creatures and the new animation pack).

Now there "may" be a custom one done by someone that contains even more (like the one you mentioned by Chase) but I can't confirm that it has all three sets (base pack, creatures and new animation pack) in it. I am "guessing" it does but someone will either have to get a hold of Chase or peek in the esp to compare it to the one in Donkey's new animation pack.

Either way you should not have to downgrade your version of lovers with pk, as that should not have anything to do with it. If you are running 94 then you might as well go back to 96. It is version 93 and 91 that are the old system.

To shed a bit of light' date=' the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp that comes with the lovers base pack is the 1st stage and has limited animations in it. The one that comes with lovers creatures adds the animations for its creatures to it. Then Donkey's new improved animation pack further adds in those animations that come with that pack.

Long story short the one in Donkey's new animation pack is the one that has the "most" animations plugged into it (the base pack, creatures and the new animation pack).

Now there "may" be a custom one done by someone that contains even more (like the one you mentioned by Chase) but I can't confirm that it has all three sets (base pack, creatures and new animation pack) in it. I am "guessing" it does but someone will either have to get a hold of Chase or peek in the esp to compare it to the one in Donkey's new animation pack.

Either way you should not have to downgrade your version of lovers with pk, as that should not have anything to do with it. If you are running 94 then you might as well go back to 96. It is version 93 and 91 that are the old system.

[/quote']

So far Donkey's new animation pack is working for me so I'll go with that for now. I was missing all those ESPs, happens with me constantly swapping files out and testing stuff.

I'm on the fence with going back to 96 at the moment...

;Baliwog animations 501 -- 600

if(me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1)

set iRandom to (GetRandomPercent * 0.60)

endif

if( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 5

SetFunctionValue 501

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 10

SetFunctionValue 502

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 15

SetFunctionValue 1

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 20

SetFunctionValue 2

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 25

SetFunctionValue 3

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 30

SetFunctionValue 4

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 35

SetFunctionValue 5

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 40

SetFunctionValue 6

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 45

SetFunctionValue 7

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 50

SetFunctionValue 8

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 55

SetFunctionValue 9

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 )

SetFunctionValue 10

endif

That's what the randomizer thinks about baliwogs. In Chase's version. Works like a charm for me.

Damn, that's a lot of ModelPathIncludes running here...

;Baliwog animations 501 -- 600

if(me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1)

set iRandom to (GetRandomPercent * 0.60)

endif

if( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 5

SetFunctionValue 501

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 10

SetFunctionValue 502

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 15

SetFunctionValue 1

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 20

SetFunctionValue 2

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 25

SetFunctionValue 3

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 30

SetFunctionValue 4

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 35

SetFunctionValue 5

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 40

SetFunctionValue 6

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 45

SetFunctionValue 7

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 50

SetFunctionValue 8

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 ) && iRandom <= 55

SetFunctionValue 9

elseif ( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Baliwog\" == 1 )

SetFunctionValue 10

endif

That's what the randomizer thinks about baliwogs. In Chase's version. Works like a charm for me.

Damn' date=' that's a lot of ModelPathIncludes running here...

[/quote']

I had no luck getting Chase's version to work with rev 94, but I may revisit it as I had a couple of other things a bit boinked too. Did you use the other files included with Donkey's version or something else?

Archived