[search] animation tag backup

i have a lot of anims which i manually tagged over the course of playing. i hate resetting anim registry because it removes all the tagging i've done, and i have to redo it from scratch. is there currently a mod out there which can let me save the current tags of animations, and allow me to restore them after doing a registry reset? i know slate can do this, but only if you have recording mode on at the time the tag edits are made. i've made edits since my last action log save, and i can't remember what those edits are now. 

48 minutes ago, gtcard said:

i have a lot of anims which i manually tagged over the course of playing. i hate resetting anim registry because it removes all the tagging i've done, and i have to redo it from scratch. is there currently a mod out there which can let me save the current tags of animations, and allow me to restore them after doing a registry reset? i know slate can do this, but only if you have recording mode on at the time the tag edits are made. i've made edits since my last action log save, and i can't remember what those edits are now. 

Not really a mod, but if the animations you are tagging come from SLAL packs that aren't likely to be updated much you can manually add the tags to the .json files in the data\SLAnims\json folder.  All you need is a text editor like notepad++, and you can just add (or remove) tags directly.  Once done, you just need to refresh the .json file in SL Anim Loader's MCM menu and every time you have to do a registry reset in future the tags will still be there.

Even if a mod pack is updated alot I will still do this to add a few tags depending on the animations and mods I use, I just backup the JSON file before updating and then check the updated file against my edited one to see what tags I need to add back.

19 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Not really a mod, but if the animations you are tagging come from SLAL packs that aren't likely to be updated much you can manually add the tags to the .json files in the data\SLAnims\json folder.  All you need is a text editor like notepad++, and you can just add (or remove) tags directly.  Once done, you just need to refresh the .json file in SL Anim Loader's MCM menu and every time you have to do a registry reset in future the tags will still be there.

Even if a mod pack is updated alot I will still do this to add a few tags depending on the animations and mods I use, I just backup the JSON file before updating and then check the updated file against my edited one to see what tags I need to add back.

ty for this--this will save so much time because it's really clunky to do it inside the game itself.

Archived