How can i export custom mesh properly?

I tried to export custom mesh with 3ds Max and OS.

But I couldn't get a mesh which I want.

I exported mesh from 3ds max to OBJ or FBX, and imported OS.

5aa22dca21ef7_Beforsave.png.3b242c92f364038c77a9d1294884cdd2.png 

When I exported it to nif, I got result like this.

5aa22dba079ba_aftersave.png.5801d5865732817fa0e8ba68b5b73bca.png

It also happen when i try to export nif with 3ds max 2013 directly.

Is there anyone who explain me why it happened?

From my experience with Blender; fucked normals, and/or errors when it's triangulated. My recommendation in 3ds max is to make the normals consistent, ensure said normals are all facing the correct way, and then to triangulate the mesh before exporting. That should fix the issue.

it will get triangulated anyway when you export to nif. don't weld on nif export the default is 00.100 i think delete the last three numbers to be 00

and before you export if you edited something in 3ds add a turn to poly modifier then colaps to and then export.

1 hour ago, Gamoholik said:

it will get triangulated anyway when you export to nif.

Yes, and I am saying that there is possibly something going wrong when it gets triangulated during exporting. That is why I am recommending to triangulate before exporting.

3 hours ago, Gamoholik said:

it will get triangulated anyway when you export to nif. don't weld on nif export the default is 00.100 i think delete the last three numbers to be 00

and before you export if you edited something in 3ds add a turn to poly modifier then colaps to and then export.

Thank you to answer me.

But Because of my poor knowledge of 3ds max, I didn't understand what you say.

First, I don't know how to convert a mesh to triangulate.

Even I don't understand what is triangulated mesh.

5aa2a8f8ddd8b_HEADMESH.thumb.png.67644b54ee12bbe3b1a1455725faa0e1.png

I use this mesh to export.

I though that it is already triangulated.

Is there something I have to do to get a proper mesh for fallout 4?

If it is not triangulated mesh, I'll be very pleased if you teach me how to make it triangulated mesh.

5 hours ago, Evan555alpha said:

From my experience with Blender; fucked normals, and/or errors when it's triangulated. My recommendation in 3ds max is to make the normals consistent, ensure said normals are all facing the correct way, and then to triangulate the mesh before exporting. That should fix the issue.

Thank you to your answer.

but I didn't find how to convert a mesh to triangulate before exporting at 3ds max so I asked more questions to another reply.

I already appreciate you give me a answer. and always welcome to teach me something you know.

Spoiler

yes that's already triangulated, and i don't see any problem in the screeshot it should be ok'

triangulated = triangle polygon

quadrangulate = square polygon

Triangulate mesh

also in the vertex mod select all and weld with a threshold of 0.001

you can find any tutorials on youtube , i'm doing the same when i don't know something.

On 2018. 3. 10. at 7:02 AM, Gamoholik said:
  Reveal hidden contents

yes that's already triangulated, and i don't see any problem in the screeshot it should be ok'

triangulated = triangle polygon

quadrangulate = square polygon

Triangulate mesh

also in the vertex mod select all and weld with a threshold of 0.001

you can find any tutorials on youtube , i'm doing the same when i don't know something.

Thank you~

But it is not a problem with exporting, but uv map.

My mesh's uv map had very strange position so i fixed it.

Then fallout 4 nif's mesh also fixed!

I'm very appreciate your answer. I don't know triangulated mesh problem so I'll must be mistake when i treat triangulated mesh.

Thank you to share me your knowledge.

Archived