Ultimate 3rd Person Camera and Xlover Conflict

Since we all spent so much time on creating a lovely heroine, it's only fair if we can see her all the time. That's why I have been using the Ultimate 3rd Person Camera mod (U3rd). However, when using lover, the position of the pc is off to the right.

I think this is cause by U3rd changing the Skeleton.nif in _1stperson, which set the camera view (the fake location of pc) to the right. Is there a way to change the setting in lovers to fix this problem? I been messing around with the in game lover setting, but nothing seems to work.

HELP~~~~ I want to look at my heroine. :huh:

I looked at that mod, but the amount of CAPS in the description were a dead giveaway that it would cause a lot of problems, so I skipped it. I haven't messed with the lovers animations ini's yet, but I know you can alter the default positions. If you know exactly how far the skeleton is displaced, it may be a simple matter of applying the reverse in the animation ini's to fix it. Lot of editing though.

Well I can tell you first off that the main reason you're having problems is because it screws with the base skeleton. The "skeleton" for lack of a better word is nothing but a path set, with no skeletal data. So, no skeleton, no proper animations for lovers.

Making a positional change to a character, is better and simpler by modifying the 3rd person camera x,y,z settings. And this can all be done inside the toolset in about 3 minutes. That mods solution is the old wrecking ball to drive a nail, vs a hammer. If you want to try your hand at doing the mod yourself, without using bluewr's suggested mod. Open up the toolset, goto gameplay, then settings, then scroll down to where it says:

fChase3dperson*somenamehere*

Those are the 3 options you change. It's all based on the old x,y,z axis stuff you learned.

Oh and you'll need a new skeleton too. You can use this one: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27945

I use the Ultimate 3rd person camera myself, and personally I have not had it conflict with lovers or any mods at all, I mean yeah the first person skeleton is replaced by the camera but I have no issues with anything, everything works fine no stretching no missalignments, nada.

Though I see you mentioned that your character is positioned off to the right, see this camera mod comes with multiple angles 1 thats more far away to the right and one thats closer to the right, sort of like an over the shoulder cam, but this mod also brings 2 cams that do the same only your char is positioned to the left side of the screen. I use the one that positions my char to the left and is sort of like an over the shoulder cam. So my suggestion is this, if the cam that positions your char to the right is causing serious issues for you, then try switching to the cam that positions your char to the left cause like I said thats the one I use and I have no problems with any mods while using it, soooo maybe it will also work for you the same way it works for me

Archived