20 hours ago, Evilash34 said:

Noice sims man, but dude it would be best if you sorted the mods that come with your tray sims, there are lots of doubles, unnecessary outdated files like WW files that will break the game for ppl who don't know how to mod properly.

Edited by lucifeh
18 hours ago, lucifeh said:

Noice sims man, but dude it would be best if you sorted the mods that come with your tray sims, there are lots of doubles, unnecessary outdated files like WW files that will break the game for ppl who don't know how to mod properly.

Not sure what you mean. What files? and what type of sorting do you mean? I just export them and include everything. There are files I do use more than once.

1 hour ago, Evilash34 said:

Not sure what you mean. What files? and what type of sorting do you mean? I just export them and include everything. There are files I do use more than once.

If you really don't know what I mean it is even more troublesome, here, this is what is in your Ava Devine rar:

notsure.png.3c06ab57c50a7537c23fe15eb08ef376.png

This folder Basement Drugs is from 2020, it will overwrite the newer folder that is already inside the mods folder for those who use this mod and will break it, the traits folder is another thing completely unnecessary for the visuals of the sim and it is inside the mod folder of every char on your files, another example that is even worse:

notsure2.png.6fd85a68d8c93b7fe00a6bd1b1000441.png

The same basement Drugs and traits plus and older version of wicked whims Mod, this will completely break the game of whoever just download your chars and doesn't have experience and just paste everything. You could argue and say that ppl shouldn't overwrite, then why put it in the 1st place? It is useless data and you have these problems with all of your chars, those mods are completely unnecessary for the sims appearance, break the game if pasted and just make the download bigger with useless and harmful data. Also you put some aesthetic mods without the meshes, bc those are recolors but it seems that you don't know they are recolors so for we that don't have the original mod the mod that is in your rar will be broken, it won't work. Also you put some clothes, hairs, acc that you reuse over and over but since it is on a separate rar it is doubled or tripled, it is just useless data since it is already on another rar.

Edited by lucifeh
23 hours ago, lucifeh said:

If you really don't know what I mean it is even more troublesome, here, this is what is in your Ava Devine rar:

notsure.png.3c06ab57c50a7537c23fe15eb08ef376.png

This folder Basement Drugs is from 2020, it will overwrite the newer folder that is already inside the mods folder for those who use this mod and will break it, the traits folder is another thing completely unnecessary for the visuals of the sim and it is inside the mod folder of every char on your files, another example that is even worse:

notsure2.png.6fd85a68d8c93b7fe00a6bd1b1000441.png

The same basement Drugs and traits plus and older version of wicked whims Mod, this will completely break the game of whoever just download your chars and doesn't have experience and just paste everything. You could argue and say that ppl shouldn't overwrite, then why put it in the 1st place? It is useless data and you have these problems with all of your chars, those mods are completely unnecessary for the sims appearance, break the game if pasted and just make the download bigger with useless and harmful data. Also you put some aesthetic mods without the meshes, bc those are recolors but it seems that you don't know they are recolors so for we that don't have the original mod the mod that is in your rar will be broken, it won't work. Also you put some clothes, hairs, acc that you reuse over and over but since it is on a separate rar it is doubled or tripled, it is just useless data since it is already on another rar.

Most if not all of these mods are older and I never got chance to release them to everyone at the time they were made. I don't 'fool proof' my mods. I do recommend people that download my mods; not download them into 'one' big folder which a lot of modders do. If there are folders such as Basement drugs or Wicked whims with older version; they should definitely be removed as well. I do alot of recolors, yes this is true and there are mods that do not have meshes to fit them. I don't know how to make meshes right and this would add time to any development or time to redo all 300+ mods (No I'm not going to do this - If you want to you can). Yes this also true. Everything that is extracted an added to zip and rar files are what sim tray is showing.

These mods may not be for the average user and I don't proof all my stuff for inexperienced modders; especially as Sims 4 is starting to wind down a bit with announcement of sims 5. I also am in 'semi' -retirement. I would love for someone to come along and do the mods I have done the 'best' way possible and complete them in timely manner; or better yet pick up where I left off. But I don't know If I really see that happening. The other thing is these mods are not perfect by any standard and are 'merely' a base. When it comes to mods things will eventually break; there is no getting around this for everything and everyone.

I like your input don't get me wrong but this is at the 'end' of everything. I wish I could have had some critiques more like this at the beginning or maybe more help at the beginning but that didn't happen. Most of the modding community only gave me 'negative feedback'- Where the modding commmunity already had to many modders and blah blah blah and I shouldn't use other peoples mods and blah blah blah; You should not charge on Patreon ...blah blah blah. So it is what it is; if you want to take my files and redo 'Everything' the way you want to. Have at it; and if you make shit better, or redoo shit that is even better. Have at it.

I would love see someone take my stuff and go another mile and make stuff better. Only thing I have seen with my mods is someone taking them and claiming credit for a recolor or retexture and then posting it. But any improvements I would love to see. But as I exit the modding door; I'm not releasing these as 'new' mods and there has always been a 'disclaimer' on these mods. Thanks for your input. I will redo the disclaimer a bit. Have fun...

EA

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...