CTD in open world

ssddsquare

Every time I go near the left side of Bunker Hill, the game would ctd without error. Tried disable every mods still the same. Weird thing is, I give it up and start a new game, the problem is gone.

Then I decided to reinstall the whole game, include every mods because the game is lagging after I use some enbs. After reinstallation the game runs smoothly. when back to Bunker Hill without problem. Now whenever I go near Hangman's Alley, it would ctd... 

The fps is normal at 60 before ctd. I tried set shadow and godray to lowest still same. Tried disable some mods like scarp everything same.

GameMode=Fallout4
Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
Arbitration - Resources.esm=1
Damage Threshold.esm=1
CarryWeight99999.esp=1
Clean Water - Clear.esp=1
Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice.esp=1
Molerat_Disease_Immunity_PA_Hazmat.esp=1
Arbitration - Button Lowered Weapons.esp=1
More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp=1
More Where That Came From - Classic.esp=1
Elvani's Track Pack - FIX.esp=1
fountain.esp=1
el_precursorsuit.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Recommended Settings.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Vanilla.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Wasteland Workshop.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Contraptions.esp=1
DD_All_the_COncrete.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
rpampas.esp=1
KKYpampas.esp=1
K9TacticalHarness.esp=1
Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp=1
EferasShoulderBag.esp=1
EferasShoulderBag-YatzTailored.esp=1
EferasShoulderBag-YatzTailored-AWKCR.esp=1
CROSS_GoreCrits.esp=1
CROSS_GoreCrits_FarHarborPatch.esp=1
walkers.esp=1
CROSS_Jetpack.esp=1
CROSS_Cybernetics.esp=1
rfortaleza2.esp=1
rfortaleza2-mk3.esp=1
rfortaleza2-mk6.esp=1
Zipsuit.esp=1
NoNegativeAffinity.esp=1
NoAffinityCooldown.esp=1
Passthrough.esp=1
Live Dismemberment - Brutal.esp=1
Live Dismemberment - Insane-o.esp=0
Live Dismemberment - Liebermode.esp=0
Live Dismemberment - Mental.esp=0
Live Dismemberment - Mind-Blowing.esp=0
Live Dismemberment - POSTAL.esp=0
Live Dismemberment - Regular.esp=0
AllSetsExtended.esp=1
ASEFarHarbor.esp=1
SaveAcadiaFromBoS.esp=1
Doubled Junk Components - Weightless PLUS Ultimate.esp=1
Army Helmet Upgrades.esp=1
3DNPC_FO4.esp=1
FaceMaxson.esp=1
NoVanillaRadiantDLCLocations.esp=1
CombatZoneRestored.esp=1
EveryonesWar.esp=1
NukaWorldBallisticWeaveSupport.esp=1
NukaWorldBallisticWeavePackHelmets.esp=1
realpowerarmorv3main.esp=1
realpowerarmorv3_10xfc.esp=1
realpowerarmorv3-dr.esp=1
realpowerarmorv3upgrade.esp=1
Tougher Vertibirds.esp=1
SettlementLimitSlashedFarHarbor.esp=1
VC_BetterWorkshopLightsComplete.esp=1
More Loot in Boss Chest.esp=1
More Loot in Containers.esp=1
No Aggro Impact Landing.esp=1
CWSS Redux.esp=1
ImmersiveLoversEmbrace.esp=1
ChineseStealthSuit.esp=1
Stackable Brick Wall Foundations.esp=1
Better Artillery Flares (vanilla weight + fast cooldown version).esp=1
Better Homing Beacon.esp=1
Interview.esp=1
AnyModAnyWeapon2.esp=1
LegendaryModification.esp=1
LegendaryModificationMisc.esp=1
LegendaryModification - DLC Far Harbor.esp=1
Penske Fertilizer Fix.esp=1
peeper-fix.esp=1
LucyAbernathyMelonFix.esp=1
Eli_Armour_Compendium.esp=1
FarHarborStory.esp=1
Eli Armor Compendium AE Patch.esp=1
PackBrahminsToEyebots_ALL.esp=1
MiscHairstyle.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
Wasteland Heroines Replacer_2.0.0.esp=1
Wasteland Heroines Replacer2_1.0.1.esp=1
Wasteland Heroines Replacer3_1.0.0.esp=1
Wasteland Heroines Replacer5_1.0.0.esp=1
OutfitSwitcher.esp=1
BetterCompanions.esp=1
Move (Get Out the Way).esp=1
NoSharedDogmeatTemplate.esp=1
JC-Shirt and Jeans.esp=1
vault_door_fixed.esp=1
Better Adhesive.esp=1
DX Commonwealth Shorts.esp=1
DX Vault Girl Shorts.esp=1
Idiot Slut.esp=1
NIS - Hunted.esp=1
radioactivestories.esp=1
Wasteland Heroines Replacer4_1.0.0.esp=1
Tier4VendorsProtected.esp=1
ZombieNation2.esp=1
treasure_bridgeway.esp=1
Kellyhousehold.esp=1
X13_ScrapOTron.esp=1
LexingtonLabs.esp=1
ClassicSniper.esp=1
VaultTecStory.esp=1
Vault_111_Maintenance.esp=1
WilkesEstate.esp=1
EvilViking13_PatchworkSanctuaryBridge.esp=1
VTEC Care Package.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
ScrapUpdate - Ultimate.esp=1
PolymerShelves.esp=1
bugfix_maglocks_terminal_delay.esp=1
GRS_AWKCRPatch.esp=1
GRS_PAPatch.esp=1
Skibs-Miniguns.esp=1
FlirtyCommonwealth.esp=1
FlirtyCommonwealthFemale.esp=1
Covscript.esp=1
Tactical Thinking.esp=1
Poster.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
Crimsomrider's 1950s Feminine Outfits.esp=1
BullpupBozar.esp=1
McMillanCS5.esp=1
EAMR.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
spacefiddle_Follower-Stealth-Distance-Fixes.esp=1
AA 50 Ways To Die.esp=1

Do you happen to have Bunker Hill as a settlement?  I saw this on another forum, but your issue:

I found a solution to the Bunker Hill crashing. When I removed the caravan resource object, the problem went away. It seemed it could not handle the objects existence even though the building menu allows you to set up a caravan meeting point.

Also, I had this problem when in the Commonwealth and approaching Nuka World from the South East on foot.  It turned out to he a mod conflict with a hotkey add-on.

8 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Do you happen to have Bunker Hill as a settlement?  I saw this on another forum, but your issue:

Also, I had this problem when in the Commonwealth and approaching Nuka World from the South East on foot.  It turned out to he a mod conflict with a hotkey add-on.

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't have any hotkey add-on mod. I have no problem in Bunker Hill anymore for some reason that I can't explain. But now the CTD happens surrounding Hangman's Alley. I started a new game with updated game, plus the correct F4SE, still the same.

I tried run the game with every mods disabled, with or without F4SE and other official DLCs still the same. Thus I think it is the vanilla game's issue that the ctd happens at a location for some reason.

I have 4770, GTX 1080 @1080p, vmemory @ 32% max during gameplay. CPU & GPU temp. @ 40++ Celsius degree. Running the game from a SSD. 

:cry: I feel like I have no choice but to re-download the whole game and reapply all the mods again from the start as I tried VERIFY INTERGRITY OF GAME FILES from Steam but still the same...

1 hour ago, ssddsquare said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't have any hotkey add-on mod. I have no problem in Bunker Hill anymore for some reason that I can't explain. But now the CTD happens surrounding Hangman's Alley. I started a new game with updated game, plus the correct F4SE, still the same.

I tried run the game with every mods disabled, with or without F4SE and other official DLCs still the same. Thus I think it is the vanilla game's issue that the ctd happens at a location for some reason.

I have 4770, GTX 1080 @1080p, vmemory @ 32% max during gameplay. CPU & GPU temp. @ 40++ Celsius degree. Running the game from a SSD. 

:cry: I feel like I have no choice but to re-download the whole game and reapply all the mods again from the start as I tried VERIFY INTERGRITY OF GAME FILES from Steam but still the same...

This person solved a similar problem by removing the caravan resource object...   although this is not really an ideal fix, you can at least test it to see if it alleviates your issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/412446890563803002/

Alternatively you can use this bypass (look for the section on bunker hill)

https://wccftech.com/fallout-4-crashes-specific-areas-pc-workarounds-included/

1 hour ago, Lodakai said:

This person solved a similar problem by removing the caravan resource object...   although this is not really an ideal fix, you can at least test it to see if it alleviates your issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/412446890563803002/

Alternatively you can use this bypass (look for the section on bunker hill)

https://wccftech.com/fallout-4-crashes-specific-areas-pc-workarounds-included/

Hangman's Alley is relatively a central location that I don't want to bypass. 

2 hours ago, ssddsquare said:

Hangman's Alley is relatively a central location that I don't want to bypass. 

Well one major problem is that you have scrap everything...   Scrap everything removes the "precombined" flag from all the cells that you can set up a base.

When the resources are not precombined, they take a lot more of your system resources to load.   You could try it without scrap everything and it may alleviate your crash issue.

Another option is to try and override the cell changes made in scrap everything with a manual patch  should be block 0,0 sub block 0,0 in worldspace

the side effect of this is that you will not be able to scrap the stuff that scrap everything allows you to scrap in that cell (because they will now be precombined)

After you pass the situation that taxes your system, you could try removing the changes your patch made thus returning them to a non-precombined state allowing you to scrap again.

Of course you should save ahead of time and back up that save somewhere safe before you do all this.

7 hours ago, Lodakai said:

Well one major problem is that you have scrap everything...   Scrap everything removes the "precombined" flag from all the cells that you can set up a base.

When the resources are not precombined, they take a lot more of your system resources to load.   You could try it without scrap everything and it may alleviate your crash issue.

Another option is to try and override the cell changes made in scrap everything with a manual patch  should be block 0,0 sub block 0,0 in worldspace

the side effect of this is that you will not be able to scrap the stuff that scrap everything allows you to scrap in that cell (because they will now be precombined)

After you pass the situation that taxes your system, you could try removing the changes your patch made thus returning them to a non-precombined state allowing you to scrap again.

Of course you should save ahead of time and back up that save somewhere safe before you do all this.

I already tried disable all mods, same. I just re-download the whole game and reinstall all the mods to try again. While going through some mods that I never use before, this caught my eyes.

FO 4-FA (Four Factions Alive)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22381

In it's description page, the author mentioned the following tips. Will try it if it happens again.

*If you have random CTD in specific areas or settlements and you use Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - CBBE & BodySlide, I recomend to rebuild all your outfits and bodies in BodySlide, this fix this problem. *Some times the meshes files or the nif file are saved with wrong data.

Archived