[Help]Converting from oblivion to skyrim

shadow866

I could use some help with Nifskope.

Ive been spending a day or so converting the R18 white corset.

I have completed the 3d max step and think ive manage to weight it right to cbbe bbp body.

Ive been following the guide on.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/534407-modding-armor-for-chsbhc-bbp-tutorial-for-3ds-max/

But now im stuck on step 6, where you copy the body/armor BSLightingShaderProperty from the old armor to the new version.(oblivion armor doesnt have BSLightingShaderProperty)

So now im kind of stuck.

If anyone could point me to another guide or explain how to fix it. I would really appreciate the help

Removed the attachment below until i have fixed all the clipping.

Its the armor from author KURESE

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/23589

OK, so basically you open up NIfSkope and load your "donor" Skyrim armor with the BSLightingShader Property. Then you right-click on that property and select Mesh-> Copy Branch.

Then in your "acceptor" Skyrim armor (the one you made) you select the element to which you want to attach your BSLightingShader Property and right-click on it. From the menu you select Mesh-> Paste Branch.

But now the Branch is at the bottom of the list, not parented to anything :(. To repair that you select your target element (NifTriShape) and go down to Properties in the Block Details. You open up the Properies tree and you'll see 2 slots with "None" in it. Select one of those and put there the number that your BSLightingShader Property has :). Voila, done!

TL:DR http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_1#Create_the_0.nif_armour_mesh

Training on that tut you'll become a Converting Apprentice fast :D.

Donor armor is in any other skyrim armor _0 mesh?

Still cant get them to work ingame, the person that wears the armor just turn in a big red triangle.

I belive that means i have forgotten to delete something in nifskope?

Cant figure it out since the guides doesnt look anything like the files, i must have done something wrong earlier.

I dunno, maybe i have spent way to many hrs trying to figure it out. Time to rest my eyes.

Donor armor is in any other skyrim armor _0 mesh?

Still cant get them to work ingame' date=' the person that wears the armor just turn in a big red triangle.

I belive that means i have forgotten to delete something in nifskope?

Cant figure it out since the guides doesnt look anything like the files, i must have done something wrong earlier.

I dunno, maybe i have spent way to many hrs trying to figure it out. Time to rest my eyes.

[/quote']

Yes, the donor armor will be any .nif that works for Skyrim :).

I have to tell you that when doing it the 1st time it might be extremely difficult. I spent several hours to get anything ported from Oblivion to Skyrim. Fortunately now I am able to troubleshoot most of my problems in a flash :). You just have to invest some time into going according to the tutorial.

As for the conversion itself - red triangle means either not existing mesh or incompatible .nif version (check that your NifSkope has been switched to 20.0.7.0 (or something like that, the tutorial states that clearly :) and that the User version 1 and 2 are respectively 12 and 83. That determines what kind of properties can an element of the mesh have.

Thanks for all the help!

Manage to get it working into game :D Really simple if you think about it.

Looking good other then massive clipping. Now to get back into 3d max to adjust it' date=' hopefully i can have it done by tommorow :D

[/quote']

Good job! :) Did the tutorial help? :D

Yeah it helped alot.

Im working on weighting so it doesnt clip so much.

Was reading your tutorial and i have a question, i used CHSBHC skeleton and was kinda hoping i didnt have to copy the weight of another armor. Is it really needed or can i just adjust the vertex pixels in 3D max?

3D max is a bit different from blender but i get the general idea.

And i have 1 more problem, i have several objects in 3d max im trying to fix. Straps that i have successfully manage to add smoothing unto and skin.

But when i try to do the same to the flowers on panties(another object)they jump into the body.

Everytime i try to move it they just jump back into the body.

And if i delete the skin and only go with smoothing they wont show up ingame.

Sorry for asking so much, im a total nuub when it comes to this :D

Yeah it helped alot.

Im working on weighting so it doesnt clip so much.

Was reading your tutorial and i have a question' date=' i used CHSBHC skeleton and was kinda hoping i didnt have to copy the weight of another armor. Is it really needed or can i just adjust the vertex pixels in 3D max?

3D max is a bit different from blender but i get the general idea.

And i have 1 more problem, i have several objects in 3d max im trying to fix. Straps that i have successfully manage to add smoothing unto and skin.

But when i try to do the same to the flowers on panties(another object)they jump into the body.

Everytime i try to move it they just jump back into the body.

And if i delete the skin and only go with smoothing they wont show up ingame.

Sorry for asking so much, im a total nuub when it comes to this :D

[/quote']

I think it might have to do with the rotation and original positioning of the mesh. For example, when I'm done weighting the armor and I import the skeleton the femalebody mesh jumps up. I have to use alt + r to clear the rotation :).

Been a few busy days. But now im back to fix this armour.

So ive manage to remove 95% of the clipping by using skin wrapping in 3d max.

Looks pretty good ingame but i have 1 last problem before im ready for release.

In this nif file i cant manage to get the NiTriShape Hana to work ingame.

If i remove the NiSpecularProperty the armour works ingame but the Hana object(flowers on panties)wont show up ingame.

And if i dont delete NispecularProperty, the armour ingame will show up as a big orange triangle.

Could anyone check out this file and tell me what im doing wrong?

Removed attachment, everything works now, yay

Been a few busy days. But now im back to fix this armour.

So ive manage to remove 95% of the clipping by using skin wrapping in 3d max.

Looks pretty good ingame but i have 1 last problem before im ready for release.

In this nif file i cant manage to get the NiTriShape Hana to work ingame.

If i remove the NiSpecularProperty the armour works ingame but the Hana object(flowers on panties)wont show up ingame.

And if i dont delete NispecularProperty' date=' the armour ingame will show up as a big orange triangle.

Could anyone check out this file and tell me what im doing wrong?

[/quote']

You have to remove the NiSpecular Property, because Skyrim-compatible .nif mesh don't use that property - ergo weird things happening. Check the Partitions in the DismemberSkinInstance. If the armor works, but 1 element doesn't show in-game probably the file retains wrong partitioning for that element.

32 - body

37 - feet

34 - forearms

There are a lot of other partitions including wings, but those are the basic ones you'll need ;). Also, check out in CK if the armor is for the right parts of the body. Full body armor (without gloves and boots) would cover calves, body, forearms. In case of problems check out th settings for other armors that the game uses, like leather armor for instance :).

hi there :) i was thinking this would be the place to ask.

i have been trying to follow this guide http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Converting_an_armour_to_another_body_for_Skyrim

in an attempt to creat http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/23927 for skyrim

i just cant get it to work. my problem is that i cant even get past the part where u are supose to remove the skeleton cos i simply cant see what his doing in the pictures.

if someone would help me i would really appreciate it

thanks in advance :)

hi there :) i was thinking this would be the place to ask.

i have been trying to follow this guide http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Converting_an_armour_to_another_body_for_Skyrim

in an attempt to creat http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/23927 for skyrim

i just cant get it to work. my problem is that i cant even get past the part where u are supose to remove the skeleton cos i simply cant see what his doing in the pictures.

if someone would help me i would really appreciate it

thanks in advance :)

Removing the skeleton is super easy in Blender. You just select the skeleton in Object Mode and press Del/Delete on your keyboard ;). Then you go into Edit Mode, press shift + A until you select all of the vertices and in the Buttons section look for Vertices. Delete all (those are weights!).

Now your armor/clothing is ready for actually work like UV mapping, texturing (adding material) or re-weighting (imho copying weights is probably the best idea - Object -> Scripts -> Bone Weight Copy).

When you get a hang of it it's fairly easy :D!

So.. taking a ride on this thread can some one help me on where i screwed up?:(

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/killmeplease.png/

Most likely weighting and assigning bones to vertices. I had sort of a similar problem before. What have you been using as your Bone Weight Copy template? Try using a femalebody_0.nif of choice, worked for me.

Make sure that before reweighing you actually removed the previous weights the clothing had. That can mess stuff up as well. Also, when you're finished working on the clothing in the graphics program go into whatever Pose Mode you have and check how does the clothing behave when you move the skeleton bones.

I think you've got some kind of a skin issue as well. Remember that the mesh always needs a material and a UV texture for it :).

Most likely weighting and assigning bones to vertices. I had sort of a similar problem before. What have you been using as your Bone Weight Copy template? Try using a femalebody_0.nif of choice' date=' worked for me.

Make sure that before reweighing you actually removed the previous weights the clothing had. That can mess stuff up as well. Also, when you're finished working on the clothing in the graphics program go into whatever Pose Mode you have and check how does the clothing behave when you move the skeleton bones.

I think you've got some kind of a skin issue as well. Remember that the mesh always needs a material and a UV texture for it :).

[/quote']

hey thanks for answering, i did use my femalebody_0.nif of choice(cbbev3M) on my first try but i couldn't even export the blender file,so i switched to a similar body(vanillacbbe). With my original femalebody it aways accused some unweighted vertices,even when i assign it to a vertice it still says is unweighted, in fact even the body mesh was having problems with unweighted vertices :P.

And about the material and uv im pretty sure i didn't let any part without it, well at least on the nif it looks perfect.

Maybe if u have some time i could upload my blender file pre-import and my nif so you could take a look. :D

Most likely weighting and assigning bones to vertices. I had sort of a similar problem before. What have you been using as your Bone Weight Copy template? Try using a femalebody_0.nif of choice' date=' worked for me.

[/quote']

hey thanks for answering, i did use my femalebody_0.nif of choice(cbbev3M) on my first try but i couldn't even export the blender file,so i switched to a similar body(vanillacbbe). With my original femalebody it aways accused some unweighted vertices,even when i assign it to a vertice it still says is unweighted, in fact even the body mesh was having problems with unweighted vertices :P.

And about the material and uv im pretty sure i didn't let any part without it, well at least on the nif it looks perfect.

Maybe if u have some time i could upload my blender file pre-import and my nif so you could take a look. :D

No problem! Upload the stuff on mediafire or wherever you want :). For the body mesh to have unweighted vertices seems kinda strange :P.

I'll see what I can do, might be a more complicated issue.

Furthermore, for whatever reason some Oblivion .nifs are impossible to import directly into Blender. For example atm I'm working on Navel Rings and I can't import the tubes (some random matrix invertion error). The best way to solve this problem is to export them model from NifSkope as a .obj file and then import it into Blender as the same .obj file. Always works, but screws up the scaling of the item badly :(.

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?2o3bd09qwjdgxxh

I included all the files im using.

This one i managed to export without vertex errors, but now im stuck with my game crashing when i equip the armor. :P

oh, and this is the tutorial im using to convert this armor:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Converting_an_armour_to_another_body_for_Skyrim

Maybe there's some steps that i shouldn't follow? Im pretty newbie so i dont know at all how my nif file should look like. :(

haha, forget about this file, i guess i just found what i was doing wrong. My nif was missing all the BSDismemberSkin, for some reason i deselected my armor parts when importing the skeleton.

Now i managed to see the armor in game, it have some clipping issues on the neck and hands because the mesh dont move with the body part in those areas.

Any advice on how to fix that? Another thing is where i modeled the mesh, those areas

seems to be brighter, so im guessing i screwed the uv mapping, there's something i can do without redoing all the uv mapping?

take a look:

a46a1695.jpg

haha' date=' forget about this file, i guess i just found what i was doing wrong. My nif was missing all the BSDismemberSkin, for some reason i deselected my armor parts when importing the skeleton.

Now i managed to see the armor in game, it have some clipping issues on the neck and hands because the mesh dont move with the body part in those areas.

Any advice on how to fix that? Another thing is where i modeled the mesh, those areas

seems to be brighter, so im guessing i screwed the uv mapping, there's something i can do without redoing all the uv mapping?

take a look:

You could technically do an all-body armor with hands and then copy the weights from the whole body + hands (combined, so basically joined). Unfortunately I tried doing something like that myself and although the tutorial we're both referring to shows how to do it, it just doesn't work :(.

To solve this problem just trim the armor near hands.

As for UV mapping if the armor is a conversion from Oblivion it has a UV map already. Hence, you can delete vertices from the armor, join existing vertices, but you CANNOT create new vertices or create new faces on the model. The existing UV map won't include them and you'll be forced to create a new UV map from scratch and most likely a new set of textures ;/. I learned it the hard way while working on Lady Thief gloves...

haha' date=' forget about this file, i guess i just found what i was doing wrong. My nif was missing all the BSDismemberSkin, for some reason i deselected my armor parts when importing the skeleton.

take a look:

You could technically do an all-body armor with hands and then copy the weights from the whole body + hands (combined, so basically joined). Unfortunately I tried doing something like that myself and although the tutorial we're both referring to shows how to do it, it just doesn't work :(.

To solve this problem just trim the armor near hands.

As for UV mapping if the armor is a conversion from Oblivion it has a UV map already. Hence, you can delete vertices from the armor, join existing vertices, but you CANNOT create new vertices or create new faces on the model. The existing UV map won't include them and you'll be forced to create a new UV map from scratch and most likely a new set of textures ;/. I learned it the hard way while working on Lady Thief gloves...

Thanks for the tips, I had some progress on the cliping,and i figured that those brighter areas were actually part of the texture:P. I need to do some tweaks on the skirt weight,but on some vertexes when i try to assign only some parts of the object, blender request all the vertices to be assigned or it won't export.:(

I converted another 2 clothes, im just skipping remodeling the hand gear because is a fucking pain:)

59f686b8.jpg

Archived