Shiny/Oiled/Glass skin

wtfzz

You can get that effect by editing body parts with nifskope or if you know how to conver and use photoshop by converting and editing DDS files.

i would like to know that too, what would i have to do specificaly

to the dds in photoshop to give it that gloss?

>_< sorry to be a pain

Glossyness depends on a couple of factors:

1 - The brightness of the specular color of the materialproperty. Whiter means more noticeable gloss.

2 - The brightness of the gloss-map - that is the alpha layer of the normalmap. This is multiplied with the material colour to get the resulting shine-color.

3 - The glossyness slider of the materialproperty. Higher means sharper, more defined bright spots, lower means a more dull glow.

Finally, on the texturingproperty, the apply mode can be set to APPLY_HIGHLIGHT instead of APPLY_MODULATE, which is what is used for instance for the vanilla glass armor. It gives very defined bright spots, but probably wont look right on skin.

Nifskope doesn't give the best idea of what it will look like in game. To see more clearly what the above sliders do, try pulling the ambient and diffuse colors to black and then mess about with the glossyness and specular sliders.

EvenstarGW, thx

I got an similiar answer from Histeria at TesNexus, helped me alot.

Dunno how I ended up making the thread in Techical support......

Since I had no technical problems even though it was my first time using nifscope, worked out great!

Thanks anyways.

Archived