NEWBIE: Unweighted Vertices - trying to export mod

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to import a mod into my game, and there seems to be a problem in bodyslide when I export it to nif, it reads..."Unweighted Vertices" - " The following shapes have unweighted vertices, which can cause issues. The affected vertices have been put under a mask. Do you want to save anyway? "

Before I exported, I lined the necklace ( the mod ) up to my default body CBBE - it is the right size and is fit correctly on the model, so it isn't a size issue. The mesh and texture derives from a 3d model website. I will attach the mesh files and the two texture files.

If you need me to upload the original file with everything that came in it before I tried to convert it to skyrim - i can upload that too..

Please help!

Thanks

corsetnecklace.nif

corsetnecklace_d.dds

corsetnecklace_m.dds

You have to add weights to the necklace, lining it up won't do. You can skip most of the hard work by getting a necklace of similar size and copying the weights over to the new necklace. Weighting attaches the mesh to bones on the skeleton and basically tells the mesh how much it needs to move when it's asked to.

15 hours ago, Artsick said:

You have to add weights to the necklace, lining it up won't do. You can skip most of the hard work by getting a necklace of similar size and copying the weights over to the new necklace. Weighting attaches the mesh to bones on the skeleton and basically tells the mesh how much it needs to move when it's asked to.

How do I add weights to the necklace?

17 hours ago, Artsick said:

Do you know of any good websites where you can find meshes that can be easily converted to skyrim?

You are trying to copy weights from one necklace to another, right? You have found a necklace that works in game, and you want to copy it's weighting to a new necklace you have made, right?

Yet in your screenshot there is one body, and one necklace. Not 2 necklaces and a body, not 2 necklaces. 1 necklace. So how were you going to copy weights from one necklace to another, when you only have one necklace loaded? That would be a neat trick wouldn't it.

I know the page in the manual you are looking at. I have been there several times myself. You didn't follow the directions very well. Let me explain a slightly different way to do it. Open outfit studio. Import nif. The necklace that works in game. Select that nif in the top right hand window. Go to shape>set as reference. Now go back to import. Import your necklace. Select that. So now the working necklace should be green, and your necklace, the one you want to copy weights to should be selected. Go to the bones tab. Select them all. Go to shape > copy selected weights. Say yes to everything.

Now try to export your nif again. It should work. If it says that verticies still are unweighted and some have been placed under a mask, go to edit and turn off textures. Then go to Tool and invert mask. Now the whole thing will be masked except the bit that got missed. Go back to the bones tab. Pick a sensible bone for the missing bit. Make sure you are on the weighting tool. colour that bit in.

Now it will export.

26 minutes ago, Frankfranky said:

You are trying to copy weights from one necklace to another, right? You have found a necklace that works in game, and you want to copy it's weighting to a new necklace you have made, right?

Yet in your screenshot there is one body, and one necklace. Not 2 necklaces and a body, not 2 necklaces. 1 necklace. So how were you going to copy weights from one necklace to another, when you only have one necklace loaded? That would be a neat trick wouldn't it.

I know the page in the manual you are looking at. I have been there several times myself. You didn't follow the directions very well. Let me explain a slightly different way to do it. Open outfit studio. Import nif. The necklace that works in game. Select that nif in the top right hand window. Go to shape>set as reference. Now go back to import. Import your necklace. Select that. So now the working necklace should be green, and your necklace, the one you want to copy weights to should be selected. Go to the bones tab. Select them all. Go to shape > copy selected weights. Say yes to everything.

Now try to export your nif again. It should work. If it says that verticies still are unweighted and some have been placed under a mask, go to edit and turn off textures. Then go to Tool and invert mask. Now the whole thing will be masked except the bit that got missed. Go back to the bones tab. Pick a sensible bone for the missing bit. Make sure you are on the weighting tool. colour that bit in.

Now it will export.

Did everything you said Einstein  - still is saying the message ;)

you didn't do what I said. Look at your picture. You have selected everything. Green is the reference. The necklace that works. You don't select this. The ONLY thing you select is the thing you want to copy weights to.

And I am too old for sassy little girls asking for help. Good luck. you are on your own.

When you copy weights, you copy from the reference mesh which will be highlighted in green on the list on the side. Since you've selected all the meshes, it's asking to copy the weights from the reference mesh to the reference mesh. Looks like in the box it says it's skipping the reference shape, which means it would've gone through and done the rest normally anyway.

8 hours ago, Quadropuss said:

3321fsskyrim.PNG

Right click your Corset Necklass- Just the Necklass, should be highlighted as Blue. In the drop down select "Copy Bone Weights", you probably need to assign the partition for it as well. What does it say in the Partition tab?.

8 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

you didn't do what I said. Look at your picture. You have selected everything. Green is the reference. The necklace that works. You don't select this. The ONLY thing you select is the thing you want to copy weights to.

And I am too old for sassy little girls asking for help. Good luck. you are on your own.

:classic_rolleyes::classic_wub::classic_wub:

2 hours ago, Vortec said:

Right click your Corset Necklass- Just the Necklass, should be highlighted as Blue. In the drop down select "Copy Bone Weights", you probably need to assign the partition for it as well. What does it say in the Partition tab?.

Adjusted it a bit and added partition 45 to it, you had partition 32- which is the body slot.  Although I sent the Nif, be best to figure it out yourself with that bodyslide link, so its too your liking.

Vortecedcorsetnecklace.nif

Archived