Texture Issues

SenReality

Well ... the usual texture issues are easy to discern and sort through, but recently I've ran across something I just cant figure out, normally seams are created from the body mesh and of course mismatching textures in shades and pigments, usually I can easily rid myself of such ugly seams!

But I've come across a situation that just confuses me, while the entirety of my other races and race mods I use appear fine when nude, no seams or (usually) when that dreaded neck, hand, feat or thigh seam appear I can merely adjust shades, tinker about and walla - such seams have disappeared!

But not when it comes to the x117 races, for instance I want to create myself a nice loli to go about an basically kill all, while possibly enslaving a few man-servants as flesh dolls to use as meat shields and make them go fetch stuff for me! but ... I'm generally a rather nit picky one, I see a seam, I must get rid of it - but ... I just cant, and it seemingly only effects the x117 races, heres a few example screenshots.

As you can see below, these seams just stick out like a sore thumb and I dont really want them there, makes it all look ... ugly as hell, I've tried to mend such in my usual ways but to no avail, the x117 races are using the SAME body mesh and of course high rez textures, 4096's ( think thats the rez )

and it JUST effects the x117 races, I can make a fresh character on any other race, no seam except for the thigh seam ( which I easily get rid of anyway )

x117 race YokoMiz

Textureissue01.jpg

Textureissue02.jpg

Textureissue03.jpg

Custom Race using altered Ice Elf tat textures and as you can see ... no seam in sight, an this is a fresh character, no alterations whats so ever, the mere default gen.

Textureissue04.jpg

So if possibly, could anyone help me resolve this issue? THAR WILL BEH CAKE INVOLVED! ... AND COOKIES! plus some muffins =3

Edit: I forgot to mention, no its not setbody - I thought of that, and did a good test or two, switching bodies about on both a normal race char, and an x117 char - the results are ... normal char fine, no seams, no matter what body, large, fat, small - child like. x117 however? same results no matter what body, those ugly seams still appear. Also wanted to see if it was something to do with scale so I did 'setscale' and had a normal char scaled to 0.80 ... no seams whatsoever, no matter what body mesh I used, seamless - x117? ugly seams remain.

This is a body texture problem. Especially if you're using the high rez textures from Ozmo, from which most other textures derive. It's really unfortunate, open the texture file and you can see discoloration on one half of the body.

You will need to change the texture yourself via an image editor or use another body texture.

This is a body texture problem. Especially if you're using the high rez textures from Ozmo' date=' from which most other textures derive. It's really unfortunate, open the texture file and you can see discoloration on one half of the body.

You will need to change the texture yourself via an image editor or use another body texture.

[/quote']

I'v already attempted such things as that, it happens with any and every texture on the x117 races, so I can safely say its not an issue with the high rez textures.

This is a body texture problem. Especially if you're using the high rez textures from Ozmo' date=' from which most other textures derive. It's really unfortunate, open the texture file and you can see discoloration on one half of the body.

[/quote']

Yes I think I had that one, or one made from that, as there was an ugly dark stain over the entire right side of the texture (left on character). I fixed it, by mirorring the left side of the texture over it in a new layer and erasing the middle parts, especially around the vagina. Result: two halves that couldn't match more perfectly. Now if only I could get the wrist and neck seams to go completely.

I'v already attempted such things as that' date=' it happens with any and every texture on the x117 races, so I can safely say its not an issue with the high rez textures.

[/quote']

I have the exact same seams and not only with x117 races.

From your post, it sounds like you only tried in-game solutions like Set Body. So that we're on the same page, are you saying you've opened the texture file in a program like Photoshop and color corrected the texture file? Or you've used the Construction Set to change the textures?

Regardless, please open the culprit texture file, take a screenshot and post it here.

Additionally, not all x117 races use high rez textures as some come with their own custom textures.

Now if only I could get the wrist and neck seams to go completely.

Best way I've found is to use ink dropper tool to pick a color as close to the seam as possible then paint both areas where the seams connect this one color. Might as well do ankles too. All done in mirrored mode of course.

• 3 months later...

Yes I think I had that one' date=' or one made from that, as there was an ugly dark stain over the entire right side of the texture (left on character). I fixed it, by mirorring the left side of the texture over it in a new layer and erasing the middle parts, especially around the vagina. Result: two halves that couldn't match more perfectly. Now if only I could get the wrist and neck seams to go completely.

[/quote']

Could you possibly explain in detail how you go about mirroring the image and fixing it like you said? I've got this problem with ozmo's textures, the Dark elven ones anyway, he's fixed the imperial textures since the original release. While i'm steadily getting better at using gimp the more I dick around with it, this is a bit beyond me atm.

Well, I made a selection of the left half of the body on the texture (which ends up as the right leg/arm). I duplicated this part into a new layer. Then I flipped that layer horizontally and laid it over the bad half exactly. Make it slightly transparent to see where it should go. The nipple is a handy reference point. Once it's in place, you'll see some bad areas in the middle, mostly around the vagina, where the original wasn't symmetrical, so use the eraser to reveal the original layer there. Also be careful to erase parts that get layered over the feet, so you don't mess those up. That's really all there is to it, pretty simple.

Well' date=' I made a selection of the left half of the body on the texture (which ends up as the right leg/arm). I duplicated this part into a new layer. Then I flipped that layer horizontally and laid it over the bad half exactly. Make it slightly transparent to see where it should go. The nipple is a handy reference point. Once it's in place, you'll see some bad areas in the middle, mostly around the vagina, where the original wasn't symmetrical, so use the eraser to reveal the original layer there. Also be careful to erase parts that get layered over the feet, so you don't mess those up. That's really all there is to it, pretty simple.

[/quote']

The seam is actually considerably more pervasive then I thought. It's present on both sides of the image; your procedure was ineffective in this case. A case of the frontside of the body is lighter then the backside.

There is a bodyseamreducer variant that's fixed, however it's only 2048x2048, so the skin itself doesn't quite look as nice(but hey, no seam)

Thanks though =)

Ah that's too bad. The one I used had a very visible stain' date=' slightly greenish, on the right half of the texture. I do think it was a 2048 one though, maybe even from the seam reducer. Can't recall exactly, it was quite a while back.

[/quote']

Weird, maybe it was fixed in a patch for the seam reducer, as it looks perfect now, the skin just doesn't look as good for as detailed as the 4096 one.

I just can't believe that no one has noticed the glaringly obvious seem dividing the back and legs of the dark elf texture. This seamed high rez texture is present in multiple body packs and afaik hasn't been addressed at all.

Hmm. Ozmo did put out an update patch that fixes the imperial-human texture but not the dark elf one. Suppose I could just recolor that, but can't quite get it back to the slightly greenish-grey the original texture had.

Yeah, think i'm just going to alter the imperial textures. Desaturated, de-brightened by 150 pts and with a color balance change of 10 towards green actually makes a nice looking color, very similar to the shade used in Morrowind's better bodies. Straight grey just doesn't look good at all.

Getting the head to match will be a bit of trial and error but doable, just have to use gimp's history clone trick to bring back the old lip color.

Edit: added pic of what i've altered so far. Haven't color altered the hands yet but even so they match pretty closely. Still tad bit of a neck-seam atm, but I like how the current color is.

Edit2: K, pretty much eliminated seams for the most part. Not really noticeable anymore.

I learned something more about why these seams occur even on high-rez highly polished textures. It's actually due to the .egt files which also attach to the mesh. If you don't have a set of custom .egts to go with your bazillion megaton texture then you're stuck with the vanilla Oblivion ones which most likely don't even confrom to your body type. So just a heads up on that.

You can find a set of .egts tweaked for HGEC based bodies here.

I learned something more about why these seams occur even on high-rez highly polished textures. It's actually due to the .egt files which also attach to the mesh. If you don't have a set of custom .egts to go with your bazillion megaton texture then you're stuck with the vanilla Oblivion ones which most likely don't even confrom to your body type. So just a heads up on that.

You can find a set of .egts tweaked for HGEC based bodies here.

Had those installed already, but thx. Even luchaires tweaks don't fix all problems, though they make them much less noticeable.

Archived