4Play messing with companions?

deltarno

Ello all, quick question about the amazing 4play mods.  While they work amazingly (although I wish there was a way to switch animations mid activity), I seem to have run into a bug.  Problem is, I have no idea what's causing it.Keeping in mind that I'm only a few hours in, hoping to nip this in the bud before I get too far, my companions seem to have issues both with affection and combat.  Cogsworth and Preston started off okay, but after an hour or so they stop participating in combat, and move at a slow walk.  In addition, their affection has gone past 250, but no companion conversation.  I'm less sure on this one, due to the finicky nature of the triggers, but several options for cogsworth to talk have come up and he's still closed lips, metaphoricly speaking.

Also, cogsworth has started randomly getting +3 affection points every few minutes, rather strange.

I only have a few mods that alter companions, so I'm trying to figure out the culprate.  4Play is an obvious one, since it affects companions for various activities, but I've also got Everyone's best friend, so that might be screwing with it as well.

Also, side note, having dogmeat as a secondary companion really screws with some of the select options of 4play, just a heads up. Darn dog.

I've started a new game with EBF unselected but not uninstalled, but cogsworth has stopped fighting and not talking after 250 ('honestly' earned this time, although I'm still getting those random affection pop ups.)  I also have Visible Companion affinity, but that....shouldn't effect anything, right?

Being a mod novice, I'm not sure where to look/what to blame.  I have a few options for 4play turned on, perhaps the random shenanigans option is screwing with them?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I haven't seen this myself with Four-Play mods - they generally don't affect companions or their scripts - they just add in to existing dialogue options trees, where appropriate, and usually by some triggered event - like Vanilla Fudge engaging after a successful dialogue challenge - where you can now "pay" for the favor with your body.

What other mods are you running?  We'd need to see your complete load order to be of much more help than guesses or conjecture.

Glad to hear that it's not four play, did not want to get rid of that!  Of course, now I'm even more confused.  Here's my load order, sorry for the wall of text.

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
DLCUltraHighResolution.esm=1
four_play_resources.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4.esm=1
HUDFramework.esm=1
SimSettlements.esm=1
alienware pipboy.esp=1
four_play.esp=1
FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp=1
FP_VanillaFudge.esp=1
Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp=1
4PlaySEU.esp=1
Vinfamy_CP.esp=1
FP_RSE.esp=1
FP_Violate.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
Idiot Slut.esp=1
Dongs_Of_Fallout.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
DiverseBodies.esp=1
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
StartMeUp.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp=1
HairVariations_YoungAtHeart.esp=1
HairVariations_FairyTails.esp=1
HairVariations_Elegant.esp=1
HairVariations_Sophisticate.esp=1
HairVariations_Conversions.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
ASCOCait02.esp=1
ASCOCurie01.esp=1
ASCODanse01.esp=1
ASCOPiper01.esp=1
VisibleCompanionAffinity.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-GlowingSeaExtraRads.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarborExtraRads.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp=1
K9TacticalHarness.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=0
AA Better Companions - No Conflicts.esp=1
Stm_DiamondCityExpansion.esp=1
More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp=1
LovingCurie_1.0.3b.esp=1
Faster Terminal Displays (20x).esp=1
NoVanillaRadiantDLCLocations.esp=1
AtomCatGarage.esp=1
CrimeTown.esp=1
PlaneWreck.esp=1
TrainBar.esp=1
UFOCrashSite.esp=1
library.esp=1
CombatZoneRestored.esp=1
SPECIAL-056.esp=1
CutWeaponModsRestored-GOTY.esp=1
Docile Radstags.esp=1
DV-No Levelled Vertibirds.esp=1
DV-Very Durable Vertibirds.esp=1
dD-Enhanced Blood.esp=1
Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - AiO.esp=1
MogomraPAMs.esp=1
MAGS.esp=1
OWR_OWT.esp=1
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp=1
RailroadPerksCut.esp=1
SOTS.esp=1
SurvivalOptions.esp=1
ThrawingWeapans.esp=1
TinaDeLucaSettlerVoiced.esp=1
CCOFO4 - Traits and More Perks.esp=1
WiredReflexes.esp=1
MakeYourOwnSynths.esp=1
AA FusionCityRising.esp=1
AA FusionCityRising - HotC.esp=1
OutcastsAndRemnants.esp=1
SimSettlements_XPAC_IndustrialRevolution.esp=1
SimSettlements_XPAC_RiseOfTheCommonwealth.esp=1
AtomicRadio.esp=1
3DNPC_FO4.esp=1
3DNPC_FO4_DLC.esp=1

The only mod I know for certain in there that makes edits to companions and dialogue is Start me up.  Some of the scenarios completely remove the dialogue/quests/etc. about being from Vault 111 and the Shaun story line.  This could have an adverse affect on companions like Codsworth, especially when encountering him for the first time - as his dialogue then is mostly about how you just emerged and it's been 200 years, where is Sir? where is Shaun? etc...  

But that's a wild-ass guess.

I see you are also using Fusion City Rising and Outcasts and Remnants.  As an add-on, I'd suggest also Hookers of the Commonwealth and HotC Settlement edition.  They integrate with those mods incredibly well - just a side bar, to increase your "immersion".  :smile:  Also, Diamond City Expansion 1.3.1 has a CBBE and EasyGirl addon as well, again... for "immersion".  (that last one is mine... shameless plug)

Archived