World Map icon text?

varenne

Are you using the CS or egg translator?

Either way I would think you would find it under the world spaces section.

CS mostly, with some review via TES4Edit. Don't particularly care for Egg Translator's behavior. I checked the World Spaces category more than once and didn't see anything, I'll check again.

Is there a special location/section for the in-game Map and editing of it? That's what I need to locate.

Well, I tried also looking in the CS and I can't figure it out either. I thought you could get there by clicking on the World pull down menu and then select cells and finally Tamriel, but looking at a mod I know changed the map I could not find any entry so I am stumped.

However I can tell you how to change a name from gibberish to English if you are translating something. Open up Egg Translator and then the esp you are working on and click on the plus sign next to WRLD Top Group to expand it and then the plus sign next to World children and then click on whatever is under that. You now should be able to edit things. The top box (labeled "original text") will be the gibberish and you just type what you want to rename things to in the Translated Text box. Once you finish your changes don't forget to save it.

Obviously you should always make a backup prior to using Egg Translator just in case something screws up (same thing for the CS too).

Well' date=' I tried also looking in the CS and I can't figure it out either. I thought you could get there by clicking on the World pull down menu and then select cells and finally Tamriel, but looking at a mod I know changed the map I could not find any entry so I am stumped.

However I can tell you how to change a name from gibberish to English if you are translating something. Open up Egg Translator and then the esp you are working on and click on the plus sign next to WRLD Top Group to expand it and then the plus sign next to World children and then click on whatever is under that. You now should be able to edit things. The top box (labeled "original text") will be the gibberish and you just type what you want to rename things to in the Translated Text box. Once you finish your changes don't forget to save it.

Obviously you should always make a backup prior to using Egg Translator just in case something screws up (same thing for the CS too).

[/quote']

LOL!!! I have backups of backups now as I go through this process for each MOD I'm translating!

I'll try Egg again when I get back from SC, thanks as always!

Just a follow up to this so others doing translation work can learn from it. I did eventually find the location markers in CS but as you can see from the screen capture they are really deeply buried in the CS structure.

Your suggestion gregathit was dead on, for these types of Oblivion 'parts' of MODs, Egg Translator is definitely the way to go as it was much easier not only to find them but to then edit them to English.

One warning to the wise, never ever make use of the auto translate feature of Egg for Oblivion MODs as results can be quite unpredictable.

One warning to the wise' date=' never ever make use of the auto translate feature of Egg for Oblivion MODs as results can be quite unpredictable.

[/quote']

Very good advice! I tend to switch back and forth between the CS and egg translator depending on what I am translating. As you stated, some things are easier with one or the other.

Good job on the find with the CS. I forgot about the marker data tab. :P

Archived