Lip Piercings, Will They Work in Game?

I just made some facial piercings based off the mash-up armor I just did. Got them in game and put them on Willow for testing because my characters hair covers the eyebrows. I got them all positioned right but the problem now is that when she talked her lips moved but they didn't. Is there a way to get it to work or am I pretty much sol on the lip piercings?

I just made some facial piercings based off the mash-up armor I just did. Got them in game and put them on Willow for testing because my characters hair covers the eyebrows. I got them all positioned right but the problem now is that when she talked her lips moved but they didn't. Is there a way to get it to work or am I pretty much sol on the lip piercings?

In order for facial items like eyelashes' date=' piercings, etc. to work they need to have the same weighting and animations as the head. In order for them to be placed correctly they also need to grow/shrink with the head. This means egt, egm and tri files.

Check throttlekitty's tutorial here, also includes utilities for egm,egt and tri files.

Check my tutorial here as well.

The process is complicated and not trivial but can be done.

EDIT: the process will also likely require the full version (not trial) of FaceGen.

Ah thanks for the links Astymma! I'll go check these out and see what I can do. Google wasn't giving me much at all. Seems like that's how it always goes when I look up something specific for blender lately. Even though these are based on Oblivion it should still be the same process for NV correct? If I can get this to work out yourself and throttlekitty will definitely be included in the credits/thanks list. Thanks again!

I don't have anything helpful to add, but I love piercings, heh. Lip, nose, brows, tits, bellies, genitalia - all good stuff.

There are some nice nipple, septum, and navel piercings on the Nexus, but the nipple ones don't work well with BnB bodies for the reasons you outlined above (moving body parts/non-moving piercings).

Not saying "do this next!" necessarily, just saying. :P

I don't have anything helpful to add' date=' but I love piercings, heh. Lip, nose, brows, tits, bellies, genitalia - all good stuff.

There are some nice nipple, septum, and navel piercings on the Nexus, but the nipple ones don't work well with BnB bodies for the reasons you outlined above (moving body parts/non-moving piercings).

Not saying "do this next!" necessarily, just saying. :P

[/quote']

That's what my mentioned mod contained was nip, nav and vag piercings and it's weighted so they do move ha ha. Didn't know what to call it so I just named it Skull Goddess Armor. It's over in the adult downloads section with a screen if you want to check it out. It's up on the Nexus too but since I put this in the general section not sure if I should include the link here or not but the link is over in the description here on LL. I should see if that guy would mind if I converted those to bounce. I'm pretty sure it's the same one I'm thinking of. Adds a small house to Doc's hospital bed? Tons of different colors.

Ah thanks for the links Astymma! I'll go check these out and see what I can do. Google wasn't giving me much at all. Seems like that's how it always goes when I look up something specific for blender lately. Even though these are based on Oblivion it should still be the same process for NV correct? If I can get this to work out yourself and throttlekitty will definitely be included in the credits/thanks list. Thanks again!

Yeah those tutorials and tools from both links should work for Oblivion' date=' FO3 and FONV but not for Morrowind or Skyrim. You should also take a look at Alecu's tool here. Might be helpful. Hrmm, also try the Conformulator by Scanti.

That's what my mentioned mod contained was nip' date=' nav and vag piercings and it's weighted so they do move ha ha. Didn't know what to call it so I just named it Skull Goddess Armor. It's over in the adult downloads section with a screen if you want to check it out. It's up on the Nexus too but since I put this in the general section not sure if I should include the link here or not but the link is over in the description here on LL. I should see if that guy would mind if I converted those to bounce. I'm pretty sure it's the same one I'm thinking of. Adds a small house to Doc's hospital bed? Tons of different colors.

[/quote']

Nice! I'll check it out. And yep that's the one.

I don't know if I'm a little late for the party or not, but actually, it works pretty well if you add lip piercings as head head add-ons. You need to use the aforementioned Conformulator to make sure your lip piercings have .tri files. Unfortunately, using the piercings as head add-ons means you'll need to add them to character presets if you're using a female character since there's no 'facial hair' option for them. You also won't be able to equip them without using the 'showracemenu' command, but it works well otherwise. It even moves with facial expressions.

For some reason though the facial expression movements don't work if you make the piercings armor items.

Sorry it took so long to get back here. Had to TRY and figure out what the hells wrong with my car before I go back to work Thursday and of course right back to square one ggrrrrr lol. Now that I've gotten that out of my system.

Yeah those tutorials and tools from both links should work for Oblivion' date=' FO3 and FONV but not for Morrowind or Skyrim. You should also take a look at Alecu's tool here. Might be helpful. Hrmm, also try the Conformulator by Scanti.

Astymma to the rescue with great links again. I've downloaded them all and will take a look thanks a megaton (no pun intended lol). I also found Blender Tri File Import/Export tool (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14589) by Deedes from the Skyrim pages too and downloaded that and the script that he linked to. Looks like I'll be back to school (22 yrs later) to start learning. Thanks again Astymma I'm still real new to the actual modding aspect. I've only done a handful of mods so far like make things bounce (the easy thing to do to start out), I've taken a barely there thin mesh outfit and morphed it to a different body type, learned the hard way that some modders texture there outfits in geck and the nif branches have to be in the exact same order as the original and I've created a simple mash up using already provided materials from the game itself. This is just going to be one more step in my blender and modding learning.

Nice! I'll check it out. And yep that's the one.

Thanks! Yeah that's what I thought it's about the only mod that adds that much jewelry haha. I remember it from fo3 and had to get it. Made the cross bars bounce and gave them to Willow. Another thing I like about that mod is they all give you more weight capacity. Yeah I'll have to get a hold of one of them to see if it's alright. Probably foxey/kaw since the original came from her/him (?) even though it was ported to nv by someone else.

I don't know if I'm a little late for the party or not' date=' but actually, it works pretty well if you add lip piercings as head head add-ons. You need to use the aforementioned Conformulator to make sure your lip piercings have .tri files. Unfortunately, using the piercings as head add-ons means you'll need to add them to character presets if you're using a female character since there's no 'facial hair' option for them. You also won't be able to equip them without using the 'showracemenu' command, but it works well otherwise. It even moves with facial expressions.

For some reason though the facial expression movements don't work if you make the piercings armor items.

[/quote']

Nah never too late for a party Rocket. First of all thanks a lot for the information. All information is welcome because as I mentioned I'm still really new to this and have a ton to learn. With that said let me make sure I understand (not very good at that either I'm afraid ha ha). If I use the conformulator and have to add them as face presets does that mean I won't be able to package the piercings into a box and put them in the world and hand them out to companions? That's what I was looking to do as just an accessory piece in the nose ring slot. They look great right now unless you have them on a companion that moves their mouth like Willow then they won't move. I thought it was going to be a simple bone weight copy thing like "other things" but man was I wrong ha ha.

Nah never too late for a party Rocket. First of all thanks a lot for the information. All information is welcome because as I mentioned I'm still really new to this and have a ton to learn. With that said let me make sure I understand (not very good at that either I'm afraid ha ha). If I use the conformulator and have to add them as face presets does that mean I won't be able to package the piercings into a box and put them in the world and hand them out to companions? That's what I was looking to do as just an accessory piece in the nose ring slot. They look great right now unless you have them on a companion that moves their mouth like Willow then they won't move. I thought it was going to be a simple bone weight copy thing like "other things" but man was I wrong ha ha.

You may want to add a piercing artist NPC instead. That way you can use result scripts to manually add and wear the items. The good thing about an armor addon is it won't be removed unless by a script specifically removing it. You can also have a "piercing kit" item that substitutes for the NPC instead that does similar behavior. Armor addons themselves don't appear in inventory and can only be worn by the player if they're associated with an armor item (like gloves as addons to a suit of clothing or BoS insignias on a suit of power armor as examples).

hmmm a piercing artist. Nice! That's an awesome idea. Something more for me to learn would be scripting which is way beyond my comprehension level right now. I've always been in awe of scripters and their ability to make things actually work in game and to come up with great tools to use. Right now it would be a snow day at work before I learn scripting. And for one I don't see any snow happening anytime soon (then again where I live you never know. Don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it'll change) and unlike schools we don't have snow days lol. But again that's an awesome idea and something I'll definitely consider. As far as armor add on though my backfired plan was to release it separately so if people don't want or can't due to age restrictions (NSFW Armor) I can throw it up for the general public instead of adult only. That was the plan anyway but like the weather things change ha ha.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what it means. I've tried it before in the accessory slots, but for some reason the facial animations don't work right like that. It conforms to the face, but no facial animation. And as far as the bone weight stuff goes, the facial animations use a more complex engine that doesn't use animation bones. The expressions and mouth movements are embedded into the face model using some separate files.

The best I can say is that if you want to give Willow or anybody else some facial piercings, pick out your favorite(s) and add them to the NPC manually in the GECK. Luckily if you use the Head Item slots, they appear to be unlimited, so the possibilities are pretty huge.

How did I not see this reply lol. Sorry about that Rocket. Yeah I was afraid of that. I might try and read up (finally) on these other things that Astymma posted and the one script I found on the Skyrim site but I'm thinking this is going to be way over my head right now so I might just stick with releasing the eyebrows and nose rings because they seem fine.....so far lol. I really appreciate the feedback. I'm definitely learning as I go that's for sure ha ha.

Oh before I forget. Iron_Jack, if you stumble back to this post, I got the go ahead by Kaw/Foxey to make the piercings bounce. I will probably also convert them to different body types.

Archived