Bodyslide/Atomic Beauty armor butt bug

BufusTurbo

Hi folks, recently I have encountered a rather annoying bug while using Atomic Beuty-converted armors.
When I equip the chest piece with no underarmor on, the armor looks fine, but if I equip any underarmor (except for vault suits, they appear to work fine, while Military fatigues, harnesses and similar do have this issue) the armor's butt becomes twisted and detached from the actual body. While loaded in Bodyslide, armor and underarmor both look fine.
I have attached a couple of screenshots to better illustrate my problem. This bug happens with the Marine armor from Far Harbour but Heavy leather, Combat Armor and Metal armor from vanilla game are affected as well.

Has anyone ever had similar issues? How can I solve this?

Fallout4 2017-12-22 18-56-17-89.png

Fallout4 2017-12-22 18-57-45-93.png

Sounds like a mesh size inconsistency between Atomic Beauty and standard CBBE bodies.  The "over" armor is the Marine armor and was "slid" to Atomic Beauty proportions.  When you wear just that, the body fills the armor fine.  However, when you equip a piece that wasn't "slid" with Atomic Beauty proportions, the body snaps to the smaller size.  The game draws both garment and armor simultaneously and prioritizes the body size for the garment worn under the armor, which is the smaller one.  

Solution: Slide the underarmors to the same body proportions and that should resolve it.  If the under armors don't exist as mods, you might have to convert them yourself using outfit studio.

The bug occurs with some vanilla outfits (marine wetsuit and so on), and with the "Commonwealth Shorts" mod, but I haven't seen complaints about that in its comment section.

I've converted all vanilla outfits with the " AtomicB - Vanilla Outfits and Armors " file included in the AB download section, but no such bug was reported in the comments or bug report sections.

I really have no clue on what could be causing this, tbh

I was not able to replicate your issue....  I installed:

Start Me Up (to get this going quickly)

F4SE

Extended Dialogue

CBBE + Bodyslide

Atomic Body + bodyslide vanilla files

Commonwealth Shorts JB

Commonwealth Shorts CBBE

Commonwealth and Vault Girl Shorts for Atomic Beauty Bodyslide Conversion (no physics version)

Slid all in Bodyslide against the default Atomic body reference (which is ridiculously proportioned, but was amusing nonetheless)

Results attached, with various undergarments you noted were issues in your install.  There was some clipping from the Commonwealth shorts mod with this armor, but otherwise, the body meshes all were sized correctly.

The reason I haven't used Atomic Beauty in the past was that not all mods supported it, and invariably, I would want one that didn't have correctly proportioned bodyslide files, and I wasn't in the mood to convert them myself.  It could be that you have something else farther along in your list that you bodyslide using the CBBE defaults that is overriding your Atomic Beauty nif data.

AtomicB_underarmor_comparison.png

So, after removing every single loose .nif file I found, reinstalling every AB-related mod and reshaping all outfits according to the preset I use (which I must say makes AB a bit more proportionate), I found out I had to redo my compatibility patch between AB and Looksmenu Customization Compendium which somehow stopped doing its job. After doing that, my armors look fine.

Glad it worked out!  Proportions are in the eye of the beholder ;)  That's why we have so many sliders hahah.  I wouldn't personally mind the more extreme presets, if they didn't apply to every damned NPC in the game simultaneously.  It would be great if the outfits "snapped" the body proportions of the npc wearing them so we could have all sorts of varietyt, but that's beyond the scope of what we have currently.

Archived