Texturing Help! [Resolved]

pissbabybrown

Hello DOA5 modding community,

I am an up and coming modder looking for some help. I am trying to create my own meshes for the game but I have run into some difficulty.

I was able to create a mesh that I am happy with and place it in the game (a hat attached to one of Ayane's hair.tmc's) but I am unable to texture the hat. 

The way that I did this was

1. create the mesh

2. convert the mesh to .tmcmesh

3. insert the mesh into the AYANE_HAIR_003.tmc

4. rename the AYANE_HAIR_003.tmc to @HAT.HAIR.tmc 

This is where I think things go wrong. The mesh itself has UV mapping (as far as I'm aware), and I have the texture as a .dds file. When I view the .tmcmesh on it's own in Noesis, it's fine, with no transparency issues or anything. However, when I insert the .tmcmesh into the hair .tmc I want to use, I don't have a compatible .tmcl file for that same hair. I've tried looking everywhere for .tmcl guides and info on this file type, but I haven't been able to find anything in any of the countless tutorials I've read. I know it's fully possible I missed something, however.

The way I circumvented this .tmcl issue was by copy/pasting the AYANE_HAIR_003.tmcl and @HAT.HAIR.tmc files. I changed the AYANE_HAIR_003.tmcl file to say "@HAT.HAIR.tmcl" with one test and I changed the @HAT.HAIR.tmc file to say "@HAT.HAIR.tmcl" in another. The one that is derived from the original hair's tmcl file doesn't read the hat textures. The one that is derived from the hat's tmc file is missing textures in multiple places. I'm not really sure what else to do at this point. I was able to get these files into the game, but they are missing the textures that I would like. 

Other solutions I tried:

1. inserting the textue I want into the .tmc file through Texture Tool

This did nothing.

2. making the bangs' textures (diffuse, normal, spec, and env) twice as tall, inserting the texture I want on the hat in the top half of the new texture, changing the UV mapping of the hair and hat model, and inserting these meshes back into the .tmc file

This almost worked, but resulted in a lot of transparency loss, quality loss, and some very bad clipping. It also made the hat texture appear on Ayane's bangs

3. using the Texture Tool's "move from TMC to TMCL" feature and then saving the textures to the .tmc file

I have no idea what this did, if anything. This is the only feature I've seen in any of the tools that seems to reference .tmcl at all.

I realize I might be off base completely. This is my first real modding project, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. Most other projects I've attempted have involved changing files around or erasing text, so I'm not used to this scale. Anyway, thank you very much for any help you can provide! 

2 hours ago, pissbabybrown said:

Hello DOA5 modding community,

I am an up and coming modder looking for some help. I am trying to create my own meshes for the game but I have run into some difficulty.

I was able to create a mesh that I am happy with and place it in the game (a hat attached to one of Ayane's hair.tmc's) but I am unable to texture the hat. 

The way that I did this was

1. create the mesh

2. convert the mesh to .tmcmesh

3. insert the mesh into the AYANE_HAIR_003.tmc

4. rename the AYANE_HAIR_003.tmc to @HAT.HAIR.tmc 

This is where I think things go wrong.

Yep, from there the tools you need are :

1 : texture tool to add the texture of your hat.

2 : Object tool to assign the textures you just addded to the right mesh.

I suggest you take a look at these two tutos, especially the one about object tool. you can ask more specific questions there if you're still stuck.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/88632-doa5lr-textures-tutorial-guide-how-to-use-and-understand-them/

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/81454-doa5lr-object-tool-tutorial-guide-how-to-use-and-understand-it/

Archived