Need Help With Installing MO2 with my Fallout4

ZeroProdigy

I was following these 2 guides and had a problem when installing MO2 with Fallout4.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22732?tab=description

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/MODWiki

Check the screenshots.

Spoiler

5a2b6fb59db9a_ScreenShot_2017MO2.thumb.jpg.7df858bb5c24c6814e2762566c6bf154.jpg5a2b6fc4ddf1b_ScreenShot_2017MO22.thumb.jpg.7b6fb74ea341964e15e990d497e0fd95.jpg5a2b6fd3e42e5_ScreenShot_2017MO23.thumb.jpg.c7bd578a0c384c602b68e78bd500c3dc.jpg

Anyways I followed the directions from nexus and the other Step Project website and got this error message here. The Syntax of the command is incorrect.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just an update that i have so I'm just editing this in the post.

I forgot to add the name in of the user in C:\Users so i redid the command prompt and got this message below instead of the syntax error.

The system cannot find the path specified

mklink /J "C:\Users\%Peter Nickerson%\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer" "C:\ModOrganizer2Data

Editing Post Again:

Just adding to this post...That I think I figured out the problem already and I'll post another reply tomorrow because I'm testing it right now.  It just taking me some time because I'm not good at this installing and editing stuff.

I got MO2 working... But MO2 is messed up a bit. I think MO2 is in beta form still and what I heard is only 2 people are working on it with other people helping out. Some people say that MO is dead, but it seems it's still alive and I'm not going back to Nexus Mod Manager.

But anyways if anyone comes to this topic wondering how i fixed it...

All i did to get MO2 to work was I removed some of the "quotes" out of this line mklink /J "C:\Users\%Peter Nickerson%\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer" "C:\ModOrganizer2Data and left some "quotes" in because it wouldn't work if i removed all.

But I'm not sure why the installed mods aren't going in C:\ModOrganizer2Data and going in C:\Users\Peter Nickerson\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer. Maybe I installed it wrong or it's suppose to be like that but it seems to be working right now.

Anyways I hope this helps someone else that is having problems like i did.

5 hours ago, ZeroProdigy3k said:

I got MO2 working... But MO2 is messed up a bit. I think MO2 is in beta form still and what I heard is only 2 people are working on it with other people helping out. Some people say that MO is dead, but it seems it's still alive and I'm not going back to Nexus Mod Manager.

But anyways if anyone comes to this topic wondering how i fixed it...

All i did to get MO2 to work was I removed some of the "quotes" out of this line mklink /J "C:\Users\%Peter Nickerson%\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer" "C:\ModOrganizer2Data and left some "quotes" in because it wouldn't work if i removed all.

But I'm not sure why the installed mods aren't going in C:\ModOrganizer2Data and going in C:\Users\Peter Nickerson\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer. Maybe I installed it wrong or it's suppose to be like that but it seems to be working right now.

Anyways I hope this helps someone else that is having problems like i did.

It should be mklink /J "C:\Users\%Peter Nickerson%\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer" "C:\ModOrganizer2\Data"

And it should be C:\ModOrganizer2\Data, not C:\ModOrganizer2Data which is a miss spelling of it.

Though from what I am aware all you need to do to install it is grab the dev build from the discord server found here https://discordapp.com/invite/cYwdcxj and just unzip that and drop it into your game directory similar to the way mo1 is installed for skyrim.

2 hours ago, ZeroProdigy3k said:

Wow lol... Thank for pointing out of that miss spelling of the line directory. I was beginning to think i was the one making lots of mistakes and I just copied that info from that nexus page and that's probably why i had such a hard time because it was wrong.

Thanks again.

No worries, though it is kinda odd that they have not fixed it on the guide page, as I would guess you are not the only person having those problems with it.

Archived