Project Zarus: Text Based Pre-Alpha

Professorg

Hey guys, as you may know. My prior Patreon project failed, I refunded everyone that had paid into it.

This project is 100% free and will be released most likely this month! (at least the pre-alpha anyway).

I just wanted to give you guys a screenshot to give you an idea of what it will look like!

If you want to help you can either donate or message me and ask what I need help with :)

This is a realtime textbased RPG which doesn't rotate around you!

The realtime player interaction is still a work in progress though.

This project is 100% Open Source and I would love to see you guys help, I will be releasing the github when I have the AI working to converse with the player.

I'm releasing this as 100% open source as a kind of sorry for my prior failed project.

NOTE: This is not the final look of the project, everything is subject to change!

2017-12-05_1860x993.png

UPDATES:

Spoiler

2017-12-10

- Expanded Inventory class to allow for instanced items. These items read from a JSON file to classify all items. the JSON can support custom functions allowing for each item to support its own custom action.

- Pain menu has graphics (as displayed in last one) however still needs to have functionality added.

- Phone Menu now opens when the player uses the phone item in the inventory, functionality still needs to be added.

- First House has more rooms added however has limited functionality.

- Minimap is still under heavy development.

2017-12-06

https://imgur.com/H5oisy5

Added right menu containing Status, Pain, Phone, Inventory. More items are added based on your progress through the game, and items you pick up. EG. Your phone will not show in the menu if you do not pick it up

TODO this week: Expand on inventory menu, Expand on Pain Menu, Expand on Status Menu, Expand on Phone Menu, Implement first house, Implement Minimap

9 minutes ago, jonoho said:

i just mean that reading a lot of text and real time down work very well, unless you make a game like typing of the dead or something.

cause youre there reading while at the same time having the shit beaten out of you by some random enemy

I have taken that into consideration. During combat I have a similar system planned for how some RPG Maker games handle it. in which the player gains their attack stamina then when that is full the game "pauses" and awaits player input.

This is also similar for interaction, for example, while talking to an NPC, time will slow down enough that the player can get in a response without the NPC walking away.

There are some things that I may have overlooked but those I'm sure will be brought up.

If you do have any more feedback or questions I'm always happy to reply :)

• 5 months later...

Archived