What software do you animate with?

Guest Bacon

Heyo i was wondering what you guys that make all the animations for sexout use to animate with. I'm trying out 3ds max using cat objects to line up the bones with the new vegas bones with mixed results. Do you guys use other software etc etc? And which skeleton do you use to animate with? The one located in meshes/characters/_1stperson or the one in _male?

Please note that i am a complete noob with animating and my animation experience with 3dsmax include making father gregory pick his nose and scout to flip the bird and this vauge attempt at an sex animation i made about 2 hours ago. (attatchments) Oh and ignore his creepy fingers they messed up because im using female hands (i think).

Pretty much everyone uses Blender 2.49 as that's the best supported tool by niftools, which you need to export things to NIF or KF format for gamebryo. If they fixed up the MAX tools to actually work right without a bunch of caveats and problems I'd probably start spinning some animations myself.

I love MAX.. can't stand blender.

The skeleton you animate with should be the actual BNB skeleton until you have more experience. After that you can animate with the compatibility skeleton (the one sexout requires), but you need a bit of practice first. The compat skeleton doubles up a lot of bones since it has breast bones for both BnB and BX, and so on.

So exporting with 3dsmax 2011 (the version im using) wont make them apear in the game? I dont even know how to make them apear in the game at all though so i guess that's still a bit early. Yeah but there are 2 skeletons that come with both the bnb and the comp skeleton. One that has a translate bone or something that runs the entire lenght of the body and one without. Which one should i use?

Okey thanks a bunch. Dont wanna do all the rigging and then notice i have the wrong skeleton.

Yeah i used some plugin i found at skyrimnexus that allowed max to import and export them although i have only tried importing so far.

Archived