50 fps cap?

Hay guise,

I recently installed enb series and upon toggling fps counter I noticed i have a 50 fps cap for some reason. I checked enblocal but the limiter there is off, and I cannot find anything in fallout4.ini or fallout4prefs.ini regarding this issue. I also have reshade/sweetfx installed, could there be a cause in their ini files?

Thanks!

I'm running ENB, but not with a Reshade/SweetFX, and I haven't experienced this personally.  In other games i use Reshade/SweetFX, I have not noticed an actual FPS limit like ENB has or my GPU has.  I would suggest that you look at VSYNC setting.  If it is on, turn it off before changing any other settings.  If it is already off, it could be that the effects you have coming through Reshade/SweetFX are too much and it is artificially limiting you - as those mods attempt to balance looking great with performing great.

If you disable your Reshsade/SweetFX do you still have a cap in game?  BTW, I cap mine at 60 through ENB because anything higher than that and the game engine goes bonkers with physics, dialogue, etc.

Archived