Rape-Related Addictions Incurable

Golgo13

For some reason, a trip to Doc Mitchell can't cure my Fert-X, Dixon's Jet and Dixon's Whiskey addictions. I pay, the screen goes black, I see a message that says, "Addictions removed," but, they're still there.

I never played a strung-out alcoholic, before so, WTH... why not try it? But, I thought that I'd pass it along. I might get tired of it, especially since Fert-X isn't so cheap or plentiful. At least it doesn't keep you from seeing if you stop taking it, though.

If anyone knows a trick to getting them to go away properly, I'm open to suggestions.

Even if they can't be made to go away properly, I'm open to using the console; I just don't know the commands that solve this particular problem (I wouldn't even know the item code for Fert-X).

Same except jet withdrawal. Made the game nigh unplayable and after playering it out (to subsequent character's 'end')' date=' I stepped back a save and consoled up 400 jet so I could keep playing rather than start from scratch.

[/quote']

Oh, I have addiction to Dixon's Jet, too-- as well as Dixon's Whiskey. This character is a real mess.

I don't know what's going on here, but it may be part of a pattern. I just turned limb damage off because, after one attack, both arms were immediately crippled completely, and doctors' bags did nothing. I could subsequently pay Doc Mitchell or the doctor at the Mormon Fort repeatedly, and merely waste my money.

Incidentally, if anyone encounters the problem with the incurable addictions, DON'T try Fixer... that was one of the most auditorily annoying experiences in the game, yet.

*If limb damage, in general, remains incurable, I'll obviously have to reinstall the game. I just exited the game, and haven't restarted it, yet. I'm holding my breath to find out if doctors' bags will still work for ordinary injuries.

P.S. Oops-- even though I turned off limb damage, limb damage stayed on, anyway, and my limbs become completely crippled the first time I was attacked, even though that has never previously happened.

P.P.S. This seems to have been caused by my confusion over some new way of dealing with Med-X addiction. While you're (forcibly) under the influence of the drug (which is supposed to be morphine), you can become addicted to it suddenly, at which point it immediately cripples both of your arms (but not your legs, for some reason), even when you subsequently take the drug in an effort to counteract the addiction (which, apparently, cannot be counteracted by taking the drug). When taking the drug did nothing to counter the addition effect, I guessed that something had to be broken.

I don't know if this wasn't functioning right, or if this was a portrayal of "Med-X" addiction as formulated by D.A.R.E. and the D.E.A. But, as someone who had to take opiates for pain for 16 years, I can tell you that it doesn't work even remotely like that. :rolleyes:

I disabled sexoutdrugs and jet classic and the problem went away.

Upgraded to .69 NG and reloaded sexoutdrugs.esp. Sexoutdrugs is reporting as broken. I tried a clean save, but no luck.

Now, for some reason I seem clueless and can't find sexoutdrugs on LL here to check for a new version. Can anyone help this poor fool find his plugin? :-)

I disabled sexoutdrugs and jet classic and the problem went away.

Upgraded to .69 NG and reloaded sexoutdrugs.esp. Sexoutdrugs is reporting as broken. I tried a clean save' date=' but no luck.

Now, for some reason I seem clueless and can't find sexoutdrugs on LL here to check for a new version. Can anyone help this poor fool find his plugin? :-)[/quote']

Sexout drugs was outdated last I heard, not usable with the current versions of Sexout until another person takes over the mod & updates it.

Guest user29

If you want dialogue options for specific doctors let me know exactly what mod you want them added to and exactly what needs to be dispelled and I'll have a go at it.

Archived