Laudermaunt High School Final Version

View File

Made a few tweaks to outdoor hedge and removed some of it, because people kept getting stuck inside it for some odd reason. Increased the size of both classrooms again because I needed the space and felt it was odd only 2 npcs would go to one class while the other was full, and also moved the doors as everyone kept crowding the door to leave class. Added some aesthetic items as well like pipes for water drainage on sides of buildings, fire hydrants and school bell. This will be the last version I upload so do enjoy :)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/21/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    The same as last upload.

After hours of play i'm very happy with the school :)
Tho i'm still waiting on a prom and a visit to the principles office.
Very important tests but just didn't occure yet in my brand new savegame. 

The other schools i'ver been using for the last years had their issues.
1 of em just couldn't get prom going for some mysterious reason.
I was thinking of building my own school, but so far so very good.

Nice big school, no CC, big classroom, awesome, overall looks very nice, mucho thanks.

Oh, here's a hint.
Oniki is working on a in-house nurse in her latest Patreon builds. An Infirmary.
I've put a wall in that huge bedroom and added a bed, a desk, 2 chairs and some stuff to make it look a bit dressed and that is working.

Edited by Jim Delaware

That is a very good idea adding a nurses room. I have not really been paying attention to the development of Oniki's mod, so I did not know that was being added. And in all honesty, I have not played a game for long enough to reach a prom, so I have no idea if that works either, so if you manage to do that then feel free to let me know as well. I would be interested to know if it works as well :)

Oh, I have seen some kids be sent to the principle and him chewing them out which was fun. The size of the classrooms had to be adjusted because people were getting cluttered around each other, and exiting classrooms was becoming a nightmare. Especially for my character who was a teacher and having to take a class in art, and getting stuck in class waiting for everyone to leave.

Anyway, I am glad you are enjoying it. That was the general idea. If you do run into any problems, do let me know and I will do what I can to help. As long as it is something to do with my mod of course :)

I had to edit some stuff in the other 2 schools i've downloaded, yours is my fav and i will keep using it.
I mean, spiral staircases will never work in a Sims 3 School.

1 sad thing though. Prom.
I just don't get it.
Prom night. My girl got picked up by her date, she's super psyched !
As soon as she is entering the school, KW tells me that it doesn't recognize the promroom.
All partygoers were fooled again, no prom night. So sad !
And your school has everything required.

I had proms with Lungpaul's school.
I will go back to look exactly what objects he is using. Maybe not every table or chair is fit, no idea.
Perhaps the chairs for the King and Queen need a podium ? No idea.
Does it only work when i have a certain EP active ?
As EA is recommending, i'm not using all packs in the same game. For performance, they say.
Anyway. I'll let you know.

That is so strange and a little disappointing. Like you said, I do have everything needed as far as I was aware to make the prom room. 1 thing I will ask though. Did you have music playing on prom night before people showed up? Is that even a requirement? I honestly dont know. Might be specific chairs or tables needed, or I may have placed the wrong dancefloor. Damn and blast. Either way, good luck with your testing. However way it goes, I may have to do a final final revision of the mod so it actually works for everyone.

Edited by DickTracy

Ha yes, the music.
I don't know, but i indeed quickly turned the radio on.
In vain, ofcourse. Prom was already cancelled.

I will check Lungpaul's dancefloor (size) as well, good thinking.

The school is an absolute fav for me with Oniki's mod.
I'm super cereal about it lol

Edit : would visitors allowed or no visitors allowed matter ?
Sounds very unlikely, but.

Edited by Jim Delaware

Ohh, i forgot...
Lungpaul's Academy didn't have a prom room.
I set one up myself on the 2nd floor, just like the principle office.
I had the promroom to work, probably accidentally.

Darned, and i deleted my edited version.
What a hassle, but we will get it right.
Over time.

It would be nice to have an option in Kinky world to be able to trigger Prom, for testing.

Edited by Jim Delaware
1 hour ago, Jim Delaware said:

Ha yes, the music.
I don't know, but i indeed quickly turned the radio on.
In vain, ofcourse. Prom was already cancelled.

I will check Lungpaul's dancefloor (size) as well, good thinking.

The school is an absolute fav for me with Oniki's mod.
I'm super cereal about it lol

Edit : would visitors allowed or no visitors allowed matter ?
Sounds very unlikely, but.

That is a very good question. That could be the issue, as obviously if no visitors are allowed, noone is allowed onto the property after hours or even during hours unless for school. You could try switching that to Visitors Allowed and see what happens and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, DickTracy said:

That is a very good question. That could be the issue, as obviously if no visitors are allowed, noone is allowed onto the property after hours or even during hours unless for school. You could try switching that to Visitors Allowed and see what happens and hope for the best.

Though all partygoers were actually at the lot.
Inside, though not in the ballroom. I also believe that there were no teachers.
Usually there are also teachers during prom.

Lungpaul's is listed as Great (Large Park ? I'm playing the Sims in Dutch) Park 

Edited by Jim Delaware
1 hour ago, Jim Delaware said:

Though all partygoers were actually at the lot.
Inside, though not in the ballroom. I also believe that there were no teachers.
Usually there are also teachers during prom.

Lungpaul's is listed as Great (Large Park ? I'm playing the Sims in Dutch) Park 

Listed as a park? That is erm....a little weird tbh but oh well. I dont know what else to suggest then. You may wish to consider asking Oniki herself to see what she thinks about it and if she can help? I just did as instructed in her wiki page and included what I was instructed to include. If there is anything else specific needed then she would be the one to ask about it. I wish I could of been more help :(

Edited by DickTracy
22 hours ago, DickTracy said:

Listed as a park? That is erm....a little weird tbh but oh well. I dont know what else to suggest then. You may wish to consider asking Oniki herself to see what she thinks about it and if she can help? I just did as instructed in her wiki page and included what I was instructed to include. If there is anything else specific needed then she would be the one to ask about it. I wish I could of been more help :(

No worries man.
The school is one of my fav features, but it has always been a little wonky, for me.
We'll figure it out.

Just too bad that we're not able to trigger prom in a debugging tool.
Now i'll have to wait for my next teen to go to prom.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to create a school myself because i wanted to try Cape Garner world.
Your school didn't fit any of the lots so i quickly build this 40x40 lot.
Just a square box with rooms.

My promroom is working though and i took a pic for you.
I believe most of the items are from University EP, maybe you will recognize them.
Two buffet tables are definately not necessary. They are just their to fill up the room a bit.

Lot is set to Park, which also brings annoying visitors into the classrooms even.

In my next game i will use your school again, because it's way better looking than mine.
But then i will try with this exact kinda setup.
Meaning, i will use the same objects.
Plus, i will change this lot into a No Visitors Allowed, to see if it will make a difference.

Edit : Prom also works with lot set to No Visitors Allowed.

It's all still a bit of a mystery, but most logical thing right now is, we need to use the right kind of objects.

Screenshot.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2017 at 1:40 AM, Jim Delaware said:

I had to create a school myself because i wanted to try Cape Garner world.
Your school didn't fit any of the lots so i quickly build this 40x40 lot.
Just a square box with rooms.

My promroom is working though and i took a pic for you.
I believe most of the items are from University EP, maybe you will recognize them.
Two buffet tables are definately not necessary. They are just their to fill up the room a bit.

Lot is set to Park, which also brings annoying visitors into the classrooms even.

In my next game i will use your school again, because it's way better looking than mine.
But then i will try with this exact kinda setup.
Meaning, i will use the same objects.
Plus, i will change this lot into a No Visitors Allowed, to see if it will make a difference.

Edit : Prom also works with lot set to No Visitors Allowed.

It's all still a bit of a mystery, but most logical thing right now is, we need to use the right kind of objects.

Screenshot.jpg

Hey man, even if its a box, you can still improve upon it. Then when you feel the time is right, upload it so the rest of us can take a look :smile:

2 hours ago, DickTracy said:

Hey man, even if its a box, you can still improve upon it. Then when you feel the time is right, upload it so the rest of us can take a look :smile:

Hi !

The problem with your ballroom is, get rid of the podium.
For some reason the mod won't recognize the ballroom as such because of the podium with the 2 chairs on it.
That is just it.

I didn't post my school because... i didn't want to be in your way right after this.
And that is the truth ! lol
I did share it with Oniki Kay's Patrons.
And i even put them on the path to your school.

Here is the link to my new new school.
The good thing is, it's just a 30x30 lot. Perfect for any world, especially small(er) ones.
The bad thing is, it's way not as cool as yours.

Only 1 piece of CC, the school desk here :

http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/function_surface_desk_01.shtml

If you don't want it, replace it for a dinner table.
Needs University, Late Night & Generations

I made a mistake with the windows in the bathrooms.
I used those tiny ones from i-don't-know-which-pack and the game will replace them with other, usually not very fitting windows.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y5r4uaso9vijyiz/High+School.Sims3Pack

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2018 at 8:04 PM, Jim Delaware said:

Hi !

The problem with your ballroom is, get rid of the podium.
For some reason the mod won't recognize the ballroom as such because of the podium with the 2 chairs on it.
That is just it.

I didn't post my school because... i didn't want to be in your way right after this.
And that is the truth ! lol
I did share it with Oniki Kay's Patrons.
And i even put them on the path to your school.

Here is the link to my new new school.
The good thing is, it's just a 30x30 lot. Perfect for any world, especially small(er) ones.
The bad thing is, it's way not as cool as yours.

Only 1 piece of CC, the school desk here :

http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/function_surface_desk_01.shtml

If you don't want it, replace it for a dinner table.
Needs University, Late Night & Generations

I made a mistake with the windows in the bathrooms.
I used those tiny ones from i-don't-know-which-pack and the game will replace them with other, usually not very fitting windows.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y5r4uaso9vijyiz/High+School.Sims3Pack

Are you serious? Having the stage is the reason why it wont work?!?!?!?!?! Of all the ridiculous things, that has to be right up there with the invention of the toilet roll hat. Oh well, I guess that calls for a reinvention of the school with that stage removed, and I may as well add that damn nurses office as well.

To add, there are a bunch of schools uploaded so far so why do you think I would care if you uploaded one??? Hell, I would download yours as well just to see what it is like :smiley: Mine was just influenced by oniki kays mod, someone else uploaded a bunch of school related stuff plus a school, hence why mine was created which was just a tad bigger than what was on offer (Ok, substantially bigger but you get the idea). So now I will be downloading yours to check it out.

For the record, why did you not upload it directly to this site? That way you get your own mod file, and your own forum post for said file as well just like mine. Also you can keep track of how many ppl look at your file and download it.

I saw that last one you posted. That modern white one.
I really like the building itself. Looks like the schools in my country. I will give that one a shot.
Without the CC, because i don't want my game to be cluttered with CC.
Another reason why i liked Laudermaunt. :smile:

Okiedokie, i will give my school its own forum post, later.
I like mine because it is so cute small. Perfect for some worlds.
I'm surprised how many people never used the High School feature, because they were 'too lazy' to build a school.
It's one of my fav KW features.

Thanks ! You are game like Dick Tracy.

• 9 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 2:16 PM, novelison said:

the problem with your prom rooms might be king & queen thrones. they must be living chairs not dining chairs. once I did that mistake and prom room didn't work.

It was already rebuilt. You will find it on Final FINAL version :P And the chairs work fine. It was the stage that was the issue.

On 2/9/2018 at 5:43 PM, Jim Delaware said:

I saw that last one you posted. That modern white one.
I really like the building itself. Looks like the schools in my country. I will give that one a shot.
Without the CC, because i don't want my game to be cluttered with CC.
Another reason why i liked Laudermaunt. :smile:

Okiedokie, i will give my school its own forum post, later.
I like mine because it is so cute small. Perfect for some worlds.
I'm surprised how many people never used the High School feature, because they were 'too lazy' to build a school.
It's one of my fav KW features.

Thanks ! You are game like Dick Tracy.

I am surprised as well tbh. When the school feature was added, I made the school for this mod and was suprised by how popular it was. Mine is ofc the largest school I believe. Every school made by people since this feature have been tiny schools. My guess would be because it is more easier to place a smaller school than a larger one. Which makes a lot of sense. I went big just because why not :)

On 11/30/2018 at 5:38 AM, DickTracy said:

I am surprised as well tbh. When the school feature was added, I made the school for this mod and was suprised by how popular it was. Mine is ofc the largest school I believe. Every school made by people since this feature have been tiny schools. My guess would be because it is more easier to place a smaller school than a larger one. Which makes a lot of sense. I went big just because why not :)

Me too.

I have built my own Kinky World High School on 64 x 64 lot first, then built more smaller ones.

• 1 year later...
On 11/30/2018 at 5:33 PM, DickTracy said:

It was already rebuilt. You will find it on Final FINAL version :P And the chairs work fine. It was the stage that was the issue.

No, its not. Due wrong chairs. All worked like a charm if I replacing them with any another living room chairs. Also "Medical exam" situation error "no chair" in nursery room may be fixed by adding a dinning chair one full tile distance from the desk.