Female Head Neck Mismatch

Gameplayer

It seems like no matter what my female characters head skin is not matched to the body skin.

Then I can go look at pictures of other peoples female characters and NPC's, now clearly they don't have that issue...

So what gives, I've never experienced this problem with Skyrim or not been able to resolve it quickly and on my own....

Here with fallout 4 it seems like that's just how it is, and what gives with so many head textures being packaged without a matched body texture and how come no full sets of all texture files matched in one file download?

Anyway if you have matched head and body, I'd like to know what files your using and where you got them.

Perhaps some pointers, I cant be the only person running into the issue, I've read comments along the lines of posters saying it cant be fixed or that's just how it is till they fix it....Well pictures on the internet suggest that there are plenty of people without this problem.

Thank you.

Horrible Skin Mismatch.jpg

26 minutes ago, CausticWitch said:

I've used this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/476/?

I don't think I had neck-seam issues (or anything that painfully obvious) but I can't clearly remember.

I plan on switching to another texture mod though that's higher-def.

Are there other mods I need to install along with this body texture cause Im not seeing a change.

Picture,

I installed Glorious Female body,

Then just to be sure it wasn't cause I was using a save file from way back...Started a new game and just exit with Default female Nora.

Here she is with a head body mismatch.

enb2017_11_18_16_31_12.jpg

So just too be sure I removed a file called Fallout4custom.ini

Verified the Cache

Then opened the replacement file made the edit

Here's the picture now of the neck, it looks better but its still there so where do I go from here.

There is no face texture currently installed.

Still Looks Mismatched.jpg

Try changing the neck textures in the character creation sculpt

"Weathered"

"Smooth"

etc.

Then give it an opacity, if you want.

Many of the texture mods that other creators release, only change one set of textures the character can choose from in the character creation process. This is part of why some of them say use "Nose type 2", "Eyes type 2", things like that.

1 hour ago, Taskmaster said:

Try changing the neck textures in the character creation sculpt

"Weathered"

"Smooth"

etc.

Then give it an opacity, if you want.

Many of the texture mods that other creators release, only change one set of textures the character can choose from in the character creation process. This is part of why some of them say use "Nose type 2", "Eyes type 2", things like that.

Im not using a texture replacer for the female head, so its whatever is from CBBE main download by Calientie..

Upon opening said file with 7zip there are no female head textures in her file so that means its the default textures from the games archieve.

At the moment I have the goddess body textures still have the same issue with the head not matching the body skin color.

1 hour ago, Gameplayer said:

I really cant be the only guy that has brought this up I mean really this is straight out of the box installation.

Going to try these next https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24741/?tab=1&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D24741%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Oh that's a fuck ton better if you like bull shit.

Oh thats so much better.jpg

Ut oh.........You got the black face bugg. When I got it, I couldn't get rid of it & had to do a fresh install of the game!!

@Gameplayer

CBBE also has a rear neck bug, too - that hasn't been fixed.

Still, try what I said about changing the neck textures in the looksmenu (weathered, smooth, etc). 

A common cause of the black face bug is when the face diffuse are not 1024, and/or when the specular is not 512. Another cause is when dimensions for the face textures do not match the others of the same types, all face diffuse need to be 1024, or 2048, etc.

You can still sometimes get the black face bug on loading a save from a different character, reloading the save fixes it. I think another cause might be the reload upon your character being decapitated(unsure).

Face textures in the game don't just use a single files per type, they're blending other files together with the character creation process. Like for example the face can be blending two different diffuse maps, and two different normal maps together at once.

I know about the rear neck bug, that's not what Im posting about or providing pictures for.

I already tried weathered smoothed...Notta didn't work didn't do anything.

I know that black face bug is caused by not having the textures the same size and also that to go larger the ini file in Looksmenu must be tweaked.

I also know about the Texture, Normal, and Specular...In fact Ive made my own.

Been working on this all afternoon and no dice.

Alright so here's

RealHD Face textures

Had to change some values in F4SE\Plugins\FSEE.ini

An ini file that is installed with Looksmenu the edit 1024 textures to 2048

Now without that edit the game will downsample causing stutter....which Ive experienced but anyway hopefully with the edit I'll be fine.

Here's a picture as you can see now the body textures look low res compared to the face and neck.

The mismatch isn't as obvious now though.

Where before it was a low res set of textures for the head and a higher res set for the head that was also clearly mismatched previously.

The head textures in the picture did not come with body textures apparently they were matched to the skin...?

My next thought is to try again with FSM but for some reason its head textures and specifically its head textures cause black face bug for me...Now bear in mind in this picture Im presenting to you a 2K face texture, so clearly when I installed V4.1 FSM something was wrong and I think it was the download or his file was packed without testing.

2K head 1Kbody.jpg

Alright so what I ended up doing is the following....

installed this file called FSM texture mash up

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24741/?tab=1&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D24741%26preview%3D&pUp=1

For some reason the face textures caused Black Face bug,

Overwrote the Face Textures with this download,

Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3841/

This has improved the skins, they look a lot closer.

I ended up not using the FaceHD textures as for some reason even with the "fix" of the INI file in showlooksmenu mod, there was still some sort of stutter, not a lot but enough that I decided to uninstall those textures and of course the stutter went away.

I tried a whole lot of stuff and what I gathered from a lot of other players over the course of the day is that ther are a lot of people that are not quite satisfied with their own results either with the textures, but its possible to get it better than in the picture's above that I shared.

Hope this helps others.

Its currently impossible to completely eliminate the neck or hand seam (even with "matching textures"), I believe Ousnius once wrote somewhere that to fix it the whole base body would have to be remade which neither he or Caliente wants to do. 

That said, I believe your using the sevenbase upperbody in bodyslide, which has a big issue around the neck no matter what you do if you use it. Try zeroing it in your preset and/or use something different and the neck area should be greatly improved. You'll still clearly see the texture seam in certain lightning conditions but not always.

I'm using FSM's Oni textures for body and face and its the best match I've found plus it fixes errors with Onis original textures.

You must be careful with different texture packs. There are some that are face only, and some that are body only. It is also possible to mix and match between two different mods that come with both. Regardless though, if you are using a texture patch you will want both a face and a body texture as packaged pair from the mod author otherwise the likeliness that you will see a neck seem is going to be more probable. Also you may want to take a look at your body mesh or alter it in bodyslide. If the mesh of the neck on the top of the body is raised compared to the base of the neck mesh of the head then even if the colors of the textures match then because of shaders and visual perception it may seem as different colors even if they are the same color. 

Also for each body and face mesh there are 3 texture files. You will want those to match up too. One is the actual texture, the other 2 are illusionary textures that may show "wetness" or "muscular" surfaces which can alter the tone of the actual texture, and yes that means there are 6 textures in total and all 6 can be from different mods. If you calculate for hands as well then there are 9 texture files and 3 meshes that you need to correspond correctly. It is simple to use just CBBE with bodyslide but you need some knowledge about modding manually if you want to have certain looks complaint free.

Also, there are ways to change the mesh itself to alter the texture in color (without changing the texture files at all) through programs like Nifskope with "shine" and a couple other settings. This is far more advanced and I'm not sure if anyone does this for Fallout 4 but I used to do it with Skyrim.

Archived