[Starbound] [Mod Idea] Transformation-Themed Loot Bags

Dedalo96

Hi guys, long time lurker here. This is my first post so i might have screwed something up. Also don't mind my bad english: I'm just bad at it, can't be helped. Bear in mind that i have no knowledge whatsoever about coding at all, so i might just be writing shit.

So, yeah, lately i've been playing those adult transformation/furry/corruption/whatever text-based games named "Corruption Of Champions", "Trials In Tainted Space" and "Fall Of Eden". 
In Starbound there are some vanity items and costumes that look like animals and stuff. I can remember some animal masks and a bunch of tails and wings. Now, i have seen some mods that add craftables dicks and such. But, at least for me, going to a loom and craft a dick in order to "wear" it doesn't seem that immersive.
And here comes my idea: would it be possible to make some lootbag or rewardbag (those you gain as rewards from certain quests) that once opened gives a random equipable vanity item from a certain list? Exaple: you do a quest for an npc and he gives you a horse themed bag that once opened it gives you a horsedong, a horse mask a tail or something. and you would find different kinds of these bags, like in the horse ones you only find horse related stuff, in the canine ones you only find canine related stuff and so on.
You'll still have to "wear" em but still better than crafting em, right?

Should it be actually possible is there anyone that would like to try and do it? 

Should someone be interested in coding this stuff, here is a list of possible enhancements to the base idea:

- make every kind of bag diversified from the others: each one with its own look (sprite?),
- add some adult stuff to the loot tables from said reward/loot bags (cock variety, brests expansions? but how to make 'em look like the character's skin color?),
- make the bags stackables so u can keep the unopened ones in tour inventory,
- make merchants buy/sell the bags so if you are not interested in a certain kind u can sell it withut opening it,
- put 'em in random chests through the universe,
- biome specific? as in: doing quests for the alpaca people sometimes gives alpaca trasformation bags?

- race specific? as in: doing quests for the florans sometimes gives floran trasformation items?

- make customspecies related items? so u could use a vanilla race looking similiar to a modded race,

I might add stuff to the list if any other idea comes to my mind.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:02 AM, RedRedusk said:

Seems too convoluted when you can just make custom items yourself or straight up custom races.

good point but some would like his idea.

I on other hand make clothing and race based mods so I guess I may be able to involve if I wanted too.

• 8 months later...
On 11/18/2017 at 12:20 PM, Dedalo96 said:

Hi guys, long time lurker here. This is my first post so i might have screwed something up. Also don't mind my bad english: I'm just bad at it, can't be helped. Bear in mind that i have no knowledge whatsoever about coding at all, so i might just be writing shit.

So, yeah, lately i've been playing those adult transformation/furry/corruption/whatever text-based games named "Corruption Of Champions", "Trials In Tainted Space" and "Fall Of Eden". 
In Starbound there are some vanity items and costumes that look like animals and stuff. I can remember some animal masks and a bunch of tails and wings. Now, i have seen some mods that add craftables dicks and such. But, at least for me, going to a loom and craft a dick in order to "wear" it doesn't seem that immersive.
And here comes my idea: would it be possible to make some lootbag or rewardbag (those you gain as rewards from certain quests) that once opened gives a random equipable vanity item from a certain list? Exaple: you do a quest for an npc and he gives you a horse themed bag that once opened it gives you a horsedong, a horse mask a tail or something. and you would find different kinds of these bags, like in the horse ones you only find horse related stuff, in the canine ones you only find canine related stuff and so on.
You'll still have to "wear" em but still better than crafting em, right?

Should it be actually possible is there anyone that would like to try and do it? 

Should someone be interested in coding this stuff, here is a list of possible enhancements to the base idea:

- make every kind of bag diversified from the others: each one with its own look (sprite?),
- add some adult stuff to the loot tables from said reward/loot bags (cock variety, brests expansions? but how to make 'em look like the character's skin color?),
- make the bags stackables so u can keep the unopened ones in tour inventory,
- make merchants buy/sell the bags so if you are not interested in a certain kind u can sell it withut opening it,
- put 'em in random chests through the universe,
- biome specific? as in: doing quests for the alpaca people sometimes gives alpaca trasformation bags?

- race specific? as in: doing quests for the florans sometimes gives floran trasformation items?

- make customspecies related items? so u could use a vanilla race looking similiar to a modded race,

I might add stuff to the list if any other idea comes to my mind.

heh im obsessed with T.I.T.S myself i was actually wishing for mods of this nature myself XD

Archived