Missing race specific animation profiles when editing NPC's

Apologies for my title, couldn't think of a title that could explain what I'm having trouble with.

Basically my issue is that whenever I go to edit animations that are being performed by NPCs (without my player character involved) with the default N key, the adjustments are not being saved to a specific race profile (for example nordracef.nordracem), instead they are being adjusted to the Global profile. Everything works fine whenever I edit the animations that have my own character involved in. I'm not sure if there is some setting I've got incorrect, or if this was just an oversight from Ashal. It's just a pain to have to be involved in the animation to correctly make changes to it, especially when using mods like Random Sex.

Anyone know if there is some setting, or something I am overlooking? Or am I out of luck?

Archived