Darksiders II

nanogenesis

So err today morning since I live in a joint family I was able to get my cousin to get out of the house and bring it for me today.

At 1080p, if you zoom in the characters they look aweful, no high resolution textures and the menu, instead of enter, you use space bar, etc. Its a console port, but a good one since its well optimized. Haven't seen it slowing down or hitching yet.

Now the thing is, I think honestly I'm not getting Dark Souls. Why?

Because I was playing Darksiders II in Apocalyptic difficulty, and its harder than Dark Souls. I came across a monster (A stalker I guess) which can do you in 2hits. Some grapewine looking like monster can do you in just 1 hit. I don't mind playing it in Apocalyptic because you get more rewards from defeating enemies, and I need that gold. Plus more experience points.

If anyone wants me to, feel free to ask, I'll post an opening video.

'bout ten hours in. Took some annoyance to get my resolution to stick and had to force vsync through external program. That aside, enjoying the game itself. Still have occasional moments like in Darksiders 1 where I'll be lost on what's next, but the combat is improved and the climb-running is fun.

Just finished the game, but now have to play it again to get all skills. Can't wait to break all those skeletons with my combos and especially defeat The Deposed King.

And seriously, the sight of Earth we see is totally different from that what War saw, and the ending was awesome, but if I'm right this is just a side story, not a "true" sequel.

Archived