Wound decals do not appear on NPCs

chocobarf

Hi all. I have this issue wherein virtually every clothed NPC I shoot doesn't show any wound decals when shot, even in the areas of the armor/clothing where skin is exposed. When they're stripped naked I can bloody them to my heart's content though. I have the Type3 BnB body replacer for females and Breeze's Male Bodies for males, with texture replacers for both. What could be the reason for this happening, and is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance for helping.

Try setting iMaxDecalsPerFrame in your .ini to double your current number. May need to adjust fDecalLifetime aswell if they are disappearing too quickly.

IIRC body replacers can cause issues but I personally use T6M + Breeze with Enhanced Blood Textures mod without issues.

Those high res clothing/armor replacers are likely the culprit then since the decals are appearing fine when nude. Might try asking on those topics.

I'd try using a high res blood replacer if you not already and make sure those .ini settings are changed to the same values in your data folder and in your folder where your saved games are stored. Other than that I'm not sure why the higher resolution would be causing an issue don't think the scaling differences should be a factor.

Hmm The only other settings I can think to check for/adjust in the Fallout.ini are:

iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=100

iMaxSkinDecals=12

fDecalLifetime=600.0000

uMaxDecals=575
uMaxDecalCount=575
uMaxSkinDecals=500
uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=50
bProfileDecals=1
bDecalOcclusionQuery=1

bDecalsOnSkinnedGeometry=1

bAllowProfileDecals=1

I should note those are just the values I use, any not listed as a "=1" can be adjusted IIRC.

• 4 months later...

I could be wrong but it probably because of the nitrishape/strips hirearchy in the nif files. I noticed that when the clothes or body meshes are not positioned on the top of the nif's tree hirearchy (node no.1 or 2) decals just won't show up at all. You can move them by using ctrl + up arrow in Nifskope.

Sorry for the Necro though.

Archived