Castlevania mod: anybody else try it?

The mod in question.

I'm actually really impressed with it; it adds atleast seven new dungeons to the game, replete with new enemies (in far greater numbers than vanilla Oblivion dungeons), multiple new weapons and items, all kinds of secrets to be found and, in true Castlevania fashion, items that permanently boost your stats.

The mod uses mostly vanilla resources, so don't expect the Succubus to be some stunning MBP++ creature with flowing wings of the most profound darkness, but it's pretty nice when it comes to the custom meshes and textures. It's also nice to see -gasp!- skeletons in armor.

Bosses can be balls to the wall hard; Dracula himself is a monster as he should be, but even the second boss, Joachim, can be a total bitch The only major downside is the Giant Fish... it sort of gets hit out of the water easily, making it a total joke since all it can do is flop around.

There's several new spells/lesser powers to be had, from the ability to summon an Innocent Devil to gaining boosts through Holy Power. You also have tickets that can instantly teleport you to and from the dungeons; a neat call back to the two games in question. Especially since the mod has save rooms for that very purpose.

All in all, I really liked it, even if after a while the army of enemies gets a bit tiring to fight. But the absolute best part is the loot; I must have found well over a thousand... I'll use pounds because it's easier for me... of the stuff, all enchanted. The dungeons are heaven for treasure hunters.

I'd recommend it. But I can't comment on the music as optional downloads, because I didn't bother to download them. May have enhanced the experience even more, but I had a blast without them.

SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO THOSE THAT TRY THIS:

Okay, so after finishing this quest line, and even during it, I noticed that I lost health every time I hit enemies. At first I thought maybe I was imagining it, then I thought maybe enemies had reflection. However, even after finishing it and deactivating it, I noticed the health damage per attack remained in my saves.

I went back to a save BEFORE I started the quest and it's not there. So... I'm not sure if this quest has something that causes it, or if my saves somehow screwed up. I'd bet on my saves being at fault because, when it comes to Bethesda games, I have the most horrific luck in keeping saves that don't end up corrupting no matter what I do, but if anybody else starts this, please tell me if you also notice this.

Archived