DD Issues (and Others?)

I usually try to sort this stuff out, myself, with my less-than-limited technical abilities, often just starting a new game without mods I even suspect could be problematic for me.  This time, however, I'm just so-o-o-o friggin' frustrated on my second game with this stuff that I'm just giving in and asking for help.

The most obvious issue that I'm encountering is a message that has occurred for a second time now.  Each time it occurs, it comes up on the screen perhaps five times in rapid succession, a new iteration appearing as soon as the old was cleared.  The message reads: "An error has occurred in your installation of Devious Devices.  Please check the log for more information.  Error text: WearingConflictingDevice received none argument."  This occurs despite the fact that my 'toon does not even have any device visible in her inventory.  I see an unnamed item being "worn" invisibly with a code associated with DDI when I type "player.showinventory," but, I have left it alone since I have no idea what its purpose is.

After the first time this happened, I tried reinstalling all of the Devious mods, just in case something had been installed incorrectly the first time or overwritten by something else.  That didn't help.  I couldn't figure out what the problem could possibly be or imagine what I could possibly do about it if I found one, so, I tried playing on without doing anything.  That worked alright for about 16 levels; now, it has cropped up, again, and I'd appreciate it if someone who understands this stuff could advise me before I play on too much further without addressing it.  I installed with NMM, ordered my mods with LOOT, and created a bashed file.

Another couple of issues:

My speech skill is degraded quite a bit by I-don't-know-what.  My magic section lists no magical effect in operation other than the *bonus* from Dibella shrines I keep using to partially counteract the mysterious penalty.  The effect is damned persistent-- it appears to be permanent, although the red digits suggest unnatural suppression.  This one is just an absolute mystery to me.

One character tried to put a Captured Dreams rubber doll collar on my 'toon, and, although I followed the installation instructions as far as I can tell, and nothing else from that mod has had any issue, that item appears to lack a texture file.  Since I definitely installed the "mesh and texture" file for that mod, I'm rather at a loss as to what to do.  Although that's easily identifiable as a Captured Dreams issue, I'm just throwing it in here as part of the whole picture-- and if a solution to that is forthcoming, I'll obviously be happy about it. 

Load order:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
ApachiiHairMales.esm=1
ApachiiHairFemales.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
CreatureFramework.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
SexLab - Sexual Fame [sLSF].esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp=1
KS Hairdo's.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
UIExtensions.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
XPMSE.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp=1
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp=1
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp=1
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp=1
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp=1
Skyrim Bridges.esp=1
Skyrim Graveyards.esp=1
SLKidnapped.esp=1
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp=0
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
SeranaLearnsSoulCairnSpells.esp=1
12FemaleBrows.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp=1
StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp=1
SLAnimLoader.esp=1
SLALAnimObj.esp=1
NibblesAnimObjects.esp=1
DW.esp=1
zzEstrus.esp=1
Wa Ribbon.esp=1
OwOHW1.esp=1
non-devious devices.esp=1
_ImoMegane.esp=1
Qasmoke Travel Spell.esp=1
Angelic_Demonic.esp=1
calyps-animal-ears.esp=1
Bandanas of Skyrim.esp=1
Cassandra Frost Witch.esp=1
EstrusChaurus.esp=1
SimplyKnock.esp=1
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1
When Vampires Attack.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
NewVampChainsGloves.esp=1
NewVampChainsCuirass.esp=1
Sotteta Necromancer Outfit.esp=1
AncientDraugr.esp=1
FS_AngelsInSkyrim.esp=1
EdhildilsDwarvencyborg.esp=1
shut up dogs.esp=0
SexLab Trainers.esp=1
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp=1
ImmerSlave-DeviceCut.esp=0
SexLabTools.esp=1
LindsMerEyes.esp=1
TL_BareArmor.esp=1
TL_FakeCloth.esp=1
MoreNastyCritters.esp=1
LBackpackAll.esp=1
Pentagram.esp=1
Night Eye Ring.esp=1
VampireJewelry.esp=1
CrimsonTwilightArmor.esp=1
Helena Succubus.esp=1
Priestess of Dibella.esp=1
EngineerOutfit.esp=1
Revealing Ebony Nocturna.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp=1
SlaveTats.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp=0
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp=0
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp=1
SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
Hott Vampires 2.esp=1
Updated Harkon and Valerica.esp=0
BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp=1
BS-TheHag_WarPaints.esp=1
WyldMenuPlugFemale.esp=1
WyldMenuPlugMale.esp=1
AddItemMenu2.esp=1
pchsImmersivePlugs.esp=1
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp=1
Captured Dreams.esp=1
Cidhna Mine Expanded.esp=1
SexLab-Stories.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
HentaiCreatures.esp=1
SexLab More Creatures.esp=1
SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
SL01AmuletsSkyrim.esp=1
sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp=1
fallentreebridges.esp=1
Celes Nightingale Armor.esp=1
SL01AmuletsSkyrimDGDB_Outfit_CCOR.esp=0
TradeBarter.esp=1
Gwelda Red Riding Hood.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
Key20 - Chastity.esp=1
FollowerCiceria.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
SimpleSlavery.esp=1
Immersive Wenches.esp=1
SexLab_Dialogues.esp=1
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp=1
Babette Replacer.esp=1
Immersive Wenches -KS hairs- Patch.esp=0
TimingIsEverything.esp=1
Devious Cidhna.esp=1
CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp=1
SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp=1
FalmerBikini.esp=1
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp=1
Devious Deviants.esp=1
SteelPlateBikini.esp=1
BandedIronBikini.esp=1
DragonBoneBikini.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
Dwarvenbikini.esp=1
Wolfbikini.esp=1
SteelBikini.esp=1
BladesBikini.esp=1
Merta Black Rose Armor.esp=1
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp=1
Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp=1
Emfy Cleric Robes.esp=1
Northern Priestess - EX.esp=1
Crude Anal Toys.esp=1
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp=1
Faction Crossbows.esp=1
Merta Assassin Armor.esp=1
DaedraHuntress.esp=1
VampireSunAmulets.esp=1
Zarias_Piercings1.esp=1
Dancing Shadow Rose.esp=1
CinematicFireFX.esp=1
HDT Piercingsets.esp=1
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp=0
AFT_NoDances.esp=1
Sleep for Credit.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
ccas_starts.esp=1
ImmerSlave.esp=1
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

Papyrus log attached.

The unnamed item is the device hider, and is necessary for visual layering of restraints and armor.

The errors you're getting are usually related to the install order of DD.  Make sure you install (or re-install, as is the case here) in this order: Devices, Integration, Expansion.  Make sure the ESMs are in that order as well.

The most obvious issue that I'm encountering is a message that has occurred for a second time now.  Each time it occurs, it comes up on the screen perhaps five times in rapid succession, a new iteration appearing as soon as the old was cleared.  The message reads: "An error has occurred in your installation of Devious Devices.  Please check the log for more information.  Error text: WearingConflictingDevice received none argument."  This occurs despite the fact that my 'toon does not even have any device visible in her inventory.  I see an unnamed item being "worn" invisibly with a code associated with DDI when I type "player.showinventory," but, I have left it alone since I have no idea what its purpose is.

After the first time this happened, I tried reinstalling all of the Devious mods, just in case something had been installed incorrectly the first time or overwritten by something else.  That didn't help.  I couldn't figure out what the problem could possibly be or imagine what I could possibly do about it if I found one, so, I tried playing on without doing anything.  That worked alright for about 16 levels; now, it has cropped up, again, and I'd appreciate it if someone who understands this stuff could advise me before I play on too much further without addressing it.  I installed with NMM, ordered my mods with LOOT, and created a bashed file.

The WearingConflictingDevice error is a known issue with Cursed Loot and it's Bound girls at the moment.

I have a lot of mods that have DD as a dependency.  As soon as I try to do a clean save, I'll crash.  If I try uninstalling all of the mods that are using DD as a dependency along with DD (and, I hope, not overlook that one of those was a dependency of something else that I neglected to uninstall) and, then, try reinstalling it all, experience informs me that my game will be FUBAR if it doesn't immediately crash in the first place.  Hell, some of those mods don't even advise trying to install/uninstall without starting a new game afterward, and, so far, I never have.  If I need a clean save, that means starting a new game, which I'm hesitant to do until someone can read that Python log and tell me what, exactly, is precipitating the issuing of that damned message.

This is a new game; I started it after deciding to reinstall Cursed Loot and Captured Dreams-- it hadn't initially occurred to me that my DD installation, which had never failed, previously, might be the cause of this.  But, after starting a new game with the reinstalled mods and getting the error, again, I finally got pissed-off enough actually to reach out for help.  What I was really hoping for was someone to explain to me from the Python log WTF the goddamned problem actually is.

Are you able to make sense of that Python log?  Can you tell me what what, exactly, is looking for what and not finding it (or finding something that it doesn't like)?  Can you see in the log what, precisely, is causing that message to be issued?

I never had any of these issues before installing Cursed Loot/Captured Dreams... until then, I never had a DD problem in my life-- I've played God-only-knows how many error-free games with the same DD installation.  Moreover, I am pretty experienced installing mods at this point, and I'm fairly certain that I installed those two new mods exactly as instructed.  But, just in case, I went back to their installation instructions, reinstalled them and started this second game in which I'm getting the same errors. 

I really doubt that the problem lies with DD per se, (although, as I said, I just reinstalled those three files in case something might have been overwritten by the two new mods), since it's worked flawlessly for hundreds of hours: I'm fairly certain that it's some interaction/incompatibility between DD, Cursed Loot, Captured Dreams, SD+, and/or any number of other mods I have installed.  I just have no idea in which support thread to ask about such an interaction, since I cannot understand that Python log well enough to understand what was happening that caused that error message to be issued.  Hell, maybe it is a DD problem-- but, if it is, how did it evade detection for so many hundreds of hours until now?  I really, really want to know.  Although this may sound nuts, this game has finally frustrated me enough to piss me off.  It's like trying to solve a puzzle in a game for so long that you just HAVE to research a cheat code or put a fist through your monitor. Now, I don't merely want to get the game to work-- I want to know WHY it's repeatedly giving me these messages.

Lazyboot: THANK YOU!!!

BTW: I've posted the missing texture question on the Captured Dreams thread; but, does anyone have any idea why my speech skill would be knocked down by about 25 points, apparently permanently, with no indication as to why in the magic section of the menu?  It's one thing to try to get cured of something; it's another when you haven't the faintest inkling as to the nature of the cause, or if it might even be a game glitch.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2017 at 1:41 PM, LazyBoot said:

The WearingConflictingDevice error is a known issue with Cursed Loot and it's Bound girls at the moment.

Is there any way to fix it? Disabling the girls' spawning, tweaking the items they can equip, etc.?

Also, is it a lethal bug, where I would crash upon one of the NPCs spawning in my game area? Or, is it just the game complaining because it's confused?

3 hours ago, titan2200 said:

Is there any way to fix it? Disabling the girls' spawning, tweaking the items they can equip, etc.?

Also, is it a lethal bug, where I would crash upon one of the NPCs spawning in my game area? Or, is it just the game complaining because it's confused?

You can fix it by setting the max number of bound girls to 0 in the cursed loot menu, it shouldn't be anything other than annoying though.

The issue seems to be that it can't find one or more of the markers it's supposed to spawn a bound girl on, so if it selects one it can't find it fails to spawn the girl.

And since it didn't spawn a girl, it tries equipping this non-existing girl with devices casing the error from DD to pop up.

Archived