Specific mod interests, and other stuff...

Winded1

I'm new, hello..and I've only been playing a vanilla non-registered version of the game with all the DLC's through 2.7.1 (I think that's the correct designation) update installed. One could guess that I've been waiting for a big sale on Steam to go "legit" with it...but I missed the last big sale they had on this game because I had yet to find enlightenment...but anyway, my questions:

1. Eventually...Can I play some of the popular mods I keep reading about on here without registering? 

2. Currently I'm more interested in modding some specific annoyances thus far. I don't need to go crazy yet as I've only just now on my third play through managed to create the empire of brittanica, which I can't even spell correctly yet so...I'm interested in mods that obliterate/rebuild both the seductions and marriage system to allow an anything goes experience. I am aware of the "marry_anyone" command, and yet there are still limitations to it, and that doesn't touch the seduction options at all as far as I'm aware. IE: You can't seduce certain relatives but you can still marry them? I'm also looking for a mod that removes or reduces the gender restrictions. IE: Same gender marriage, more equality without waiting a millennia to accomplish, etc. 

3. Since I have all those DLC's enabled...are there some I should disable because they are terrible/stupid/or needless?  and can I disable them in process or do I need to start a new game to do so?  Same with adding new mods?

4. Picture packs that add more variety to the ai character profiles that are somewhat seamless with the game, IE: not anime, modern photo's of supermodels, etc....

5. a bit less idiocy with character traits.  I do find some mixtures amusing but I'm getting tired of finding that genius who also is otherwise a pariah. 

Thank you for any help. Sorry for the long intro post full of wants, and hello everyone again! :-)

0) Sale should hit the online stores this year, since Jade Dragon and new Stellaris DLC is coming out. DON'T MISS IT. Especially the Humble sale.

1) Yea, technically you can.

At least those, which are here. Mods here are directly uploaded to this website with access by "download" button. Be careful, though. Some mods can be little buggy.

Also, I guess you can't go through Steam mod links without using other websites to download to content. And even if so, you'll need to modify the mod for non-stream version.

Another great mod, with loooot of content is Game of Thrones mod, again accessible in Agot mod forums.

Also... Warhammer mod is pretty Damn amazing fantasy mod, buuut you won't get to It, since it's under Paradox forums.

2 If you want to marry relatives, console command is the safest way to go. Otherwise, if you're seeking seduction, you have two choices.

A) Change game files to allow it...

B ) Download this mod.. but you'll risk maaybe some bugs.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551053181&searchtext=

Here's also the "non steam" link. But you'll need to seriously modify the content inside (especially .mod file) and probably add dependencies?

http://steamworkshop.download/download/view/551053181

Gender equality is already in the game as starting rule and laws. But... Some mods here also allow full women rights in succession.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=829471766&searchtext=

Again, paste it into workshop link. And again.. probably edit the file. ALTHOUGH BE AWARE, to not play any mod with It, which messes up the succession.

But if you're seeking mod with high compatibility with mods here... And with gender equality and stuff, just go for:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/74294-dark-world-beyond-heresy/page-1

Same gender marriage is available. Gay marriage mod is amazing. It allows homosexual characters to get married or even have kids through surrogates.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=611887034

Manual download links are below steam text.

3) Use all DLCs. Especially portraits DLCs.

Disable only mods, which aren't compatible with each other or cause bugs.

You can probably disable Sunset invasion, if you plan to play as Britain/Scandinavia/Spain/France.

4) Use Remedy picture portrait.

NOTHING ELSE.

At least if you're planning to play with Dark world mods.

Some portrait mods simply mess up other mods.

If you're planning to play game of thrones mod, it had it's won portraits... but their forum aubmod section has also submods for various portraits.

Warhammer mod has probably what you're looking for. No anime or real portraits... but fully fleshed out portraits, which can be customized. And a LOT OF THEM for most of the cultures and races. Even sub-races. Including custom looks for various scars, wounds, masks or mutations.

5) That's probably unsolvable. I haven't personally ever seen mod, which also makes the traits "smart".

You'll need to just get used to these. If some traits bother you, just remove them with console command.

I know pretty good trait mod for Agot mod, though (cogencongenital overhaul mod, great mod which adds levels to various traits, adds new traits and stuff)

6) You'll probably see someone write here "Loverslab doesn't support game piracy"

Anyway, I hope this was helpful and don't miss out next sale on Steam or Humble.

Thank you Celwenil, for the well proportioned response that you obviously took some fair bit of time to type out. It is much appreciated!

For clarification on a couple things, because I'm new to modding this game and easily confused. 

4. Is remedy picture portrait a mod? And if I'm only to use that and nothing else..then how does this affect the other advice you gave about using AGoT portraits, and Warhammer mod?

2A. Changing game files to allow it...Do you mean modify the .ini files? I've done a fair bit of that with TES and FO games, but haven't a clue how I'd do it with this game..is there a tutorial?

Again, thank you for the assistance! :-)

4) Yep, it's a mod. BUT... It's usually downloaded when you play with Dark World mods. Otherwise, its not needed.

Nope, you don't need it for Agot and warhammer mods. Unless you want warhammer/agot with Dark world mods working as sub-mods. Which I don't recommend because of bugs.

2. Not sute about that. I tHink you need to modify .mod file I'm really not sure. Just install the mod And look if something is wrong with it.

Tutorial? No idea

The .mod file specifies meta-information (name of the mode, which files/directories to replace, dependencies etc).

In most cases what you need to mod are files ending with .txt, with text being stored in .csv files.

The CK2 Wiki has a pretty good modding page, with detailed pages for different types of modding (whether you want to add new traits, write new events etc): http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding#Game_structure

Thanks for the help! I'm digging into it, the mind boggles. I wish all games had the same way to adding mods, editing files, etc. Learning a new process every time I get a moddable game is a big *sigh* moment. 

1 question:  Why do I need to edit a mod I download to work with my game if it's a mod I downloaded outside of steam workshop?

IE: 

Here's also the "non steam" link. But you'll need to seriously modify the content inside (especially .mod file) and probably add dependencies? 

http://steamworkshop.../view/551053181

Archived