[No MBP] Lovers Magic Life Drain crash

All creatures?

Just tested it with 2 wolves, 1 mudcrab and a goblin. No crash.

Some creatures will kill you. Some daedra or Horses are stronger than the player and they drain your life. That can (maybe) crash the game if you use a Mod that changes the death system  and the player dies.

But it the player drain and kill a creatures I don't know which Mod can conflict.

How do you have sex with the creatures? rape or normal Sex?

If it is rape ( normally it is rape) maybe the Mod PSE ? ( I don't use PSE, can not test it ) With PSE creatures can enslave the player. So if rape starts  a PSE scripts check it is rape and the creature will enslave the player....the sex ends and the creature is dead...but PSE scripts still need the creatures.  = Crash.

But that is just speculation. I can not test it. I don't know if you can disable "enslaved by creatures" in PSE setting or ini.  If you use PSE try to disable "enslaved by creatures"  or deactivate all PSE esp . Then test Life drain.

post your load order

I had that issue.

It's not a problem with the script in LM itself, but in the way that Oblivion handles creature death - it appears creatures are processed differently to NPCs when they die.

Technical details and solution:

When LM kills your partner, the script zzzLMSSCallback reduces their health to 1 and adds the spell effect zzzLMLSDeath to them. This runs the script zzzLMLSdeathScript, which uses 'kill' to kill them and then attempts to remove itself. This is where the problem occurs. It may be because the script suddenly finds itself running on a dead creature and gets all confused, or it may be the issue of adding and removing the spell effect in the same frame causing the crash.

One solution would be to delay the 'kill' and 'removespell' commands for a frame each, but spell effects with scripts behave differently when the target is dead - they run once only all the way through - so any delay to the 'removespell' command would result in the zzzLMLSDeath effect not being removed at all. This would then cause issues if you resurrected them, either using LM's Create Slave spell or LST's Resurrect spell.

My solution, which appears to solve both these issues, was to change the zzzLMLSdeathScript as follows:

scn zzzLMLSdeathScript

float LSdeathtimer
ref myself
short sDone

Begin GameMode

set myself to GetSelf
if myself.IsActor == 0 || myself.GetIsReference Player
myself.RemoveSpell zzzLMLSDeath
endif

if sDone == 2
elseif sDone == 1
set LSdeathtimer to LSdeathtimer - GetSecondsPassed
if LSdeathtimer > 0.0
return 
endif
myself.kill
set sDone to 2
else
set LSdeathtimer to 1.0
set sDone to 1
endif

End

The 'kill' command is delayed for a second, to allow LPK to finish its cleanup, and the 'removespell' command is delayed until the next time the script runs. Once the target is dead, the script will just sit there dormant and not run again, so this will only happen if the target is resurrected (or if the target is essential and therefore doesn't actually die).

My solution, which appears to solve both these issues, was to change the zzzLMLSdeathScript as follows:

scn zzzLMLSdeathScript

float LSdeathtimer
ref myself
short sDone

Begin GameMode

set myself to GetSelf
if myself.IsActor == 0 || myself.GetIsReference Player
endif

if sDone == 2
elseif sDone == 1
set LSdeathtimer to LSdeathtimer - GetSecondsPassed
if LSdeathtimer > 0.0
return 
endif
myself.kill
set sDone to 2
else
set LSdeathtimer to 1.0
set sDone to 1
endif

End

Do i need to use the console to make these changes? because when i try to enter "set myself to GetSelf" it says "Unknown variable myself" so do i need to change the myself using my baseID or something? or do i need to use TES4Edit or some program to make the changes?

No you must change the LM script "zzzLMLSdeathScript"

You must start the CS with OBSE to save the esp.  Read my yellow Link

so i got everything done for now, but i have a small problem... can i change my oblivion directory without having errors?(probably not)  or do i need to reinstall my game with all the mods. my game is installed in the program files folder...

Archived