Weaponsmith Extended data files

What is your problem? It is easier to help you for several reasons: The assets not included total >2GB and you will probably learn some more facets of modding.

I just downloaded all mods into a folder, with another folder where I will extract all the assets.

ZIOwaab.png

I delete the ESP files, they are not needed:

6lSjaab.png

Mods might have the assets packed as BA2 archives. Extract the BA2 files.

Those need to be extracted, for example with BSA Browser or B.A.E, (Screen)

WMAFaab.png

Copy the extracted files to your merged files

Now you can ZIP them up and install with the Mod Manager of you choice.

Some mods provide both BA2 and loose/unpacked. Use unpacked for easier merging of assets.

According to the instructions you need something called "Archive2.exe" to pack everything back into a BA2 archive, and that program is nowhere to be found. I've downloaded the creation kit from the Bethesda.net launcher, but it's not there.

Should be noted that I'm perfectly capable of following the instructions, as they are. I just refuse to believe it has to be this complicated, if they couldn't get permission from all those mod authors then why did they include the mods!? *grumbles* God I'm a grumpy old fart...

I just hoped someone else had done all that crap so I could simply download it and go :(

The Archive2 will be in your Steam folder in Fallout 4. Go there, and you will have a Tools folder. Open it up and there is Archive2 (of course you need to install the Bethesda Launcher and Creation Kit for it to show up).

I have gone through all that (just recently actually), but I wouldn't feel right uploading it without Gambit's permission.

Fun fact: You can copy the Archive2 folder to somewhere else and then uninstall the Creation Kit/Bethesda Launcher if you don't want all that stuff. I have a copy of the Archive2 in my mods folder where I store all my backups, so I always have it without having to install the whole Creation Kit and Bethesda Launcher. And it works just fine without all that installed.

Archived