Frequent crashing

Hi. Its alot to read and to do, but after i start to use this my game become more stable (but i have not much mods like ~100) Try this

and this papyrus tweaks

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=8192
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8388608
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
bEnableProfiling=0

and maybe try to use ENBoost (its not enb)

and

and

You tweak papyrus by adding that section into your Skyrim.ini, but some of those suggested values look quite problematic too. Think of those tweaks like spice, salt for example. A bit can certainly be an improvement, more will make it worse than default, and a lot will just kill you. More = better is just wrong. I would try everything else before even thinking about it, crash fixes and ENBoost are definitly helpful.

iMaxMemoryPageSize=8192 < Default is 512 i think, that's more than 10x that much. Personally i've set it to 768 to experiment a bit, but that's as far as i'd go, and it's not recommended to change it at all.
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8388608 <same. Default is 768000. From my experience it's true that it can reduce (some kind of) crashes, but it causes stack dumps instead of crashes => breaks your scripts and you won't notice it until  (parts of) mods stop working properly and all you can do is reload a save before it happened - but you don't know when it happened. I prefer a straight crash instead of reloading a 3 days old save every 2 days. Don't change that value at all, either you don't need it, or it makes things worse.

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6

Those aren't too bad, i have similar values. However, it WILL decrease your performance. Those are the minimum times a script gets to perform, no matter if it needs it. Default for both is 1.2, recommended are values between 1.2 and 2.0

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

This can be increased without big problems, 500 is default on PC, 2000 on consoles. It's the time scripts get to load during loading screens, so those will become longer but that's it. No idea if it has downsides if you exaggerate here, but the console value or something between should be fine.

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

When you want to report a bug/ask about a problem with a mod, set those to 1, replay the problematic part and attach the created log (at Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Logs/scripts) to your report. In some cases it also can help to track down CTDs, but those cases are usually when the answer is "Your save is screwed, start a new game." It'll crash when Skyrim does, so the actual reason for the crash is never logged but it is quite helpful for mod authors to see if there is a bug in a mod that doesn't cause CTDs.

Did you install ENboost and crash fixes and set it up properly? Did you double check both work? Did you try if it still crashes?

Do that FIRST, before you make any changes to your Skyrim.ini. And if it still happens you can post your log and i can tell you if your save is (probably) screwed and you need to start a new game with less mods.

Archived