Sims 3 or Sims 4

elfena

3 is more developed.  Possibly because complex mods are easier to implement in it, possibly because people have been working with it longer and just developed better tools.  WW is doing pretty good, but KW still has more features and animations.  On top of that, 3 will generally be cheaper to get the parts you want for it, and has more going for it at the cost of a performance hit, depending on how good your computer is.

Thanks all. I already have both games but wanted to see which one I should I invest in. I'll go with 3 :). If anyone has any tips on making better looking sims, I'd like to know. Not a fan of the puddin faces.

I personally find a large part of the issue with sims 3 faces is they tend to come out too wide for the character's body and look weirdly disproportionate.  I don't know of a mod that changes this, so I solve the problem by making as many characters as I can that look the way I want, and hopefully eventually breed out the weird shaped ones.  Or just clear your town completely and move in a bunch of custom families.  Time consuming, but that might be what you need.  I believe there's a mod in development that's a sort of sleazy version of sunset valley, and I think the creator either has made a bunch of sims to fill it out or is in the process of making them now.  Odds are community made sims will look a bit nicer than EA's ones.  I'm pretty sure a lot of EA sims are just the product of the randomizer anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I am playing WW on Sims 4 atm, would love to try Sims 3 but for some reason I cannot get it to work anymore, uninstalled it about a year ago, now tried installing it again 3 times and allways comes up with the same error.. shame, as I think Sims 3 is indeed the more developed kink mod :)

Archived