Neck Seam Blend Help - UNP Body

terajunkie

I'm at my ropes end trying to figure this out, so I'm hoping one of you experts out there can take the time to help me and it not take too much of your time.

I've been at this pretty much all day since 8 this morning off and on. I was planning to start a new character, using the UNP body (cause was just getting tired of CBBE and wanted to try something new). I've got the mesh I want but I can not, no matter how hard I try, find a face body texture combination (that I like) that does not produce a very noticeable neck seam.

Mods being used.

UNPB_BBP - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14899

Navetsea Skin Texture - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6554

UNP_Fitness_Body NormalMap - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16731

AllInOneFace - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17704

These are the body textures and face textures that I found looked the best (there weren't alot to choose from despite my searching). However, they are obviously not that compatible, as evidenced by the following neck seam...

wkqufa.jpg

j58pw5.jpg

I have even tried using Caliente's Texture Blender in conjunction with the UNP Neckblend kit, and that appeared to have absolutely no affect. Granted, I have never used this tool before, but I read the manual on both mod sites, and followed their instructions but it seemed to make absolutely no difference on the in-game texture.

Calientes Texture Blender - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5737

UNP Neckblend Kit - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15921

So all I'm really asking is, can this neck seam be fixed, and how? and if not, Is there a different face texture pack or combo somewhere that looks half decent and will match the navetsea skin/fitnessbody body texture combo?

Fresh ideas requested. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have this same problem, often clears up on the start of a new game till clothing is altered. I have different mods, but as near as I can specualte it the head and skin textures or retextures don't want to align. I mainly just want to blaim Skyrim and all its failings and limitations.

Nice looking character btw.

u want to use only navetsea skin/fitnessbody body texture combo or thinking about something else?

At this point, I'm open to using different body texture. I could have sworn I saw a texture/map that looked better than Navetsea/Fitness to me, but, alas, it was long ago and I friggin forgot what it was called.

Did you have an alternative in mind?

EDIT: I really like the detail in the NavetseaTexture, and Fitness body map, but yeah if there is a texture out there that is of similar quality with a slightly darker neck area, then I'm all for it, lol.

Also, @Vibe, THANKS!!! :)

Are you using a skin gloss texture? If you are, make sure you also apply it on the face texture, otherwise it'll look sort of mismatching. You don't have to worry about the normal map (fitness body mod), for it doesn't affect the neck-head seam a whole lot (if at all).

u want to use only navetsea skin/fitnessbody body texture combo or thinking about something else?

At this point' date=' I'm open to using different body texture. I could have sworn I saw a texture/map that looked better than Navetsea/Fitness to me, but, alas, it was long ago and I friggin forgot what it was called.

EDIT: I really like the detail in the NavetseaTexture, and Fitness body map, but yeah if there is a texture out there that is of similar quality with a slightly darker neck area, then I'm all for it, lol.

[/quote']

i do have, it's on my pc, came with an large pack, it uses unp body and is high res. i'll upload it any time soon(definetly today), atm busy

edit: uploading... will send u in private message

At this point' date=' I'm open to using different body texture. I could have sworn I saw a texture/map that looked better than Navetsea/Fitness to me, but, alas, it was long ago and I friggin forgot what it was called.

[/quote']

i do have, it's on my pc, came with an large pack, it uses unp body and is high res. i'll upload it any time soon(definetly today), atm busy

edit: uploading... will send u in private message

Awesome, Thanks. And Virgil097 thank your for that, I did not know there was another version, I'll try that too.

just download Lyla from GOS mod in nexus, but she come in CBBE and i'm using UNP bodybase, trying to find where exactly her face texture but after downloading various mod that basskimm listed, none of them that are match. so here is what i do couple days ago..

Photoshop + Nvidia DDS tool

open my current UNP face diffuse texture (main texture) and the normal (.msn), do the same thing with Lyla's face texture in photoshop, simply copy lyla face texture into UNP (first layer is UNP second layer is Lyla ) and do the same thing with the normal. using simple eraser tool with 10%-30% opacity and start deleting bottom part of lyla texture until it blend closely enough with UNP in the background..

yeah i know it tricky, but atleast i dont get to see that ugly seams anymore, at work right now, so i cant give actual screenshot ..

Try using the Lite version

Here's a comparison pic' date=' before and after:

HOLY NOSTRADAMUS!!! That worked!!!

wb2r2s.jpg

Seam barely noticeable and the body texture that Jancicc sent me worked even better. Now I cant make up my mind which body text I like better :@.

EDIT: Now off to find UNPB_BBP armors. Uhhgh, I'm never gonna get to play, lol.

just download Lyla from GOS mod in nexus' date=' but she come in CBBE and i'm using UNP bodybase, trying to find where exactly her face texture but after downloading various mod that basskimm listed, none of them that are match. so here is what i do couple days ago..

open my current UNP face diffuse texture (main texture) and the normal (.msn), do the same thing with Lyla's face texture in photoshop, simply copy lyla face texture into UNP (first layer is UNP second layer is Lyla ) and do the same thing with the normal. using simple eraser tool with 10%-30% opacity and start deleting bottom part of lyla texture until it blend closely enough with UNP in the background..

yeah i know it tricky, but atleast i dont get to see that ugly seams anymore, at work right now, so i cant give actual screenshot ..

[/quote']

Pretty much the steps I use for Oblivion :P

Glad you got your problem solved terajukie hehe :)

just download Lyla from GOS mod in nexus' date=' but she come in CBBE and i'm using UNP bodybase, trying to find where exactly her face texture but after downloading various mod that basskimm listed, none of them that are match. so here is what i do couple days ago..

[/quote']

gonna try what you suggested. I've corrected the issue enough to where it doesnt drive me insane looking at it, but, I am a perfectionist so, I'll see if I can improve it any more :) Thanks;)

Archived