Close on start up after PC crash, help!

Basically I was playing fallout (opened through F4SE) and my computer crashed and so needed to be turned off via the tower without being able to close any programmes.

Once i'd rebooted my PC, any time I try to open F4, either through F4SE or just normally, it will open to a black screen then immediately closes itself.

I've tried revalidating files through steam, running as administrator but nothing seems to work. Was wondering if it has something to do with not being closed properly due to my PC crashing.

Any help would be appriciated, thank you!

Try this:

1. Cut and paste both Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini into a separate folder. This is to save them just in case. Everyone who plays Fallout 4 or Skyrim should know where these files are, if not, do a quick google search.

2. Now that those two .ini files are gone, restart Fallout 4 with the regular as Fallout4Launcher that you can find in your Fallout 4 installation folder. This will rebuild those same .ini files from scratch. You don't have to start the game, just initialize the vanilla launcher then make some adjustments to the graphics if you want, then close. Then start the game with F4SE again.

3. That's it. Hopefully this will work. Fallout 4 crashing on startup is often due to 2 things. One is your .ini files (including enb files) are screwed up and the second reason is some of your essential mods are not activated. Well, these are the problems I see for myself, anyway.

Try this:

1. Cut and paste both Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini into a separate folder. This is to save them just in case. Everyone who plays Fallout 4 or Skyrim should know where these files are, if not, do a quick google search.

2. Now that those two .ini files are gone, restart Fallout 4 with the regular as Fallout4Launcher that you can find in your Fallout 4 installation folder. This will rebuild those same .ini files from scratch. You don't have to start the game, just initialize the vanilla launcher then make some adjustments to the graphics if you want, then close. Then start the game with F4SE again.

3. That's it. Hopefully this will work. Fallout 4 crashing on startup is often due to 2 things. One is your .ini files (including enb files) are screwed up and the second reason is some of your essential mods are not activated. Well, these are the problems I see for myself, anyway.

Thank you, I will try this when I get home from work

Archived