Armor durability mod

I'm new to modding and was wondering how difficult it would be to make a mod that would allow for adding an armor durability feature.  The lower the durability rating the easier it is for the amor or equipment to be "knocked off" the players body during combat.  Perhaps the more damage the armor takes the lower durability gets, and reforging the equipment will restore its durability.

I think this could be an interesting adult mod because you could effectively strip your enemies of their clothing as you fight them (and they could strip you).

It would be cool if the armor actually comes off the body and falls on the ground instead of just gets de-equipped.  You can still pick it up and re-equip it, but the durability rating will continue to decrease the more wear and tear it takes so the higher chance there is of it falling off during an attack.

Advanced versions of the mod can add animations as players react to their armor coming off, or maybe damaged meshes of the armor/equipment as durability approaches a low state.

Anyway let me know what you think.  I'd like to implement this myself, but don't really know where to start.  I've looked a bit into modding but I'm not sure what something like this would entail.

This is cool.  I installed them both.  Testing them out.  I like the loot feature too.  I remember there was a mod that allowed you to keep the camera going after death to see what they loot from you.  What mod is that and how do you get that?

Archived