Voln - An Erotic VN/RPG Hybrid

m0RV

Felg_c_s.png

We're making an inclusive (straight and gay) VN/RPG hybrid.  To save myself the trouble of explaining it thoroughly, I recommend you try the demo.  Your character is never forced to have gay sex; I mean there's always the option for straight sex instead, and vice versa.  If you'd like to know more, please visit us at LewdGamer or at Patreon.  If questions remain, here's as good a place as any to ask them.  Although, for organization, I recommend posting at the Patreon.  Thanks for your interest, and I hope you'll consider supporting us.

I noticed the comment in the Patreon thread about text scrolling speed, and I'm also a player who gets immensely frustrated by something like that. Rather than just increasing the speed of it, have you considered an option for instant text with no scroll at all?

(Frankly I don't understand why someone would ever want scrolling text. It's not really a feature, it's a limitation of 8-bit microprocessors printing letters one at a time to the screen. I imagine that even those early game devs of the nostalgic era would happily have avoided it if they could.)

Anyway, I'm gonna hold out for an updated demo I think. I'd be poisoning the proverbial well for myself if I tried it now. :)

[edit]

I'm curious about your plan for the future though... You point out that we're not forced to view gay content, but are we encouraged to at all? You see it's not that unusual now for games to cater to different gender preferences, even AAA titles are doing that now... But it's incredibly rare for a game to gently explore where the player's boundaries actually are, to sort of coax or seduce them into taking little steps away from what they think they want.

So for example, would a straight male player give a male NPC a handjob under a table, if they knew there'd be no explicit content they had to view, and if they were pursuing some kind of reward? Would they do it again later if the visual content promised to be a little more explicit the next time? Etc.

Or would either a gay or straight player be tempted to engage with a mixed-gender couple if they were really keen to pursue one partner, but the couple came as a 'package deal'?

Fenoxo's games, Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space do this sort of thing in a pretty brutal way; you go into one playing a straight male and inevitably you're going to be anally raped by something... Maybe that turns you off so much as a player that you quit, uninstall and never go back again; but I've also seen stories from plenty of players (I used to be a patron) who started over, tried again, thinking that if they were destined to lose their anal virginity anyway, at least they could do it with a character they cared about and wanted to open up new scenes for.... I'd love to think that there's a way to achieve a similar willingness to explore without applying that kind of pressure or brutality. A 'carrot' approach in contrast to Fenoxo's 'stick' approach.

So for example, would a straight male player give a male NPC a handjob under a table, if they knew there'd be no explicit content they had to view, and if they were pursuing some kind of reward? Would they do it again later if the visual content promised to be a little more explicit the next time? Etc.

Or would either a gay or straight player be tempted to engage with a mixed-gender couple if they were really keen to pursue one partner, but the couple came as a 'package deal'?

Fenoxo's games, Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space do this sort of thing in a pretty brutal way; you go into one playing a straight male and inevitably you're going to be anally raped by something... Maybe that turns you off so much as a player that you quit, uninstall and never go back again; but I've also seen stories from plenty of players (I used to be a patron) who started over, tried again, thinking that if they were destined to lose their anal virginity anyway, at least they could do it with a character they cared about and wanted to open up new scenes for.... I'd love to think that there's a way to achieve a similar willingness to explore without applying that kind of pressure or brutality. A 'carrot' approach in contrast to Fenoxo's 'stick' approach.

Hmm, good questions, all.

Yeah, you can always opt out of gay or straight stuff, but sometimes the line gets blurred, as in the double BJ at the beginning of the game.  If the Player is gay, for instance, he might not want to give the lady his seed, not ever, not under any circumstances.  But he still has to to advance the story.  To cushion the blow (no pun intended), the gay Player can work up his lust with his male companion first, then spurt it into her throat.  There will be ... shady scenes like this occasionally, where a straight or gay Player is "forced" to surrender semen to a person they're not especially attracted to, but that works into the plot, since sperm is money in this world, and ya gotta pay the taxman, albeit very rarely.

And as far as coaxing the Player, we absolutely do that, especially for straight boys.  Good luck staying straight playing this.  Eventually, some ferie or elf or other ludicrously-feminine entity will probably steal your attention, if only for a shameful moment.  It's not literally a chick with a dick (futa), but some of it might as well be.  The whole game is designed to make all sexual encounters look and feel as delicious as possible.

As far as gay-to-straight type stuff, not sure.  Not being gay myself, I really don't know what's at the core of a gay man's desires.  That being said, I have a pretty good idea, I think.  I've heard some gays love femdom and others love the idea of a motherly caretaker and mistress, especially one who's either unusually masculine or just strange-looking by typical feminine standards.  Also, if a gay Player falls for some of the planned crossdressing, he'll definitely get a thrill (for better or worse) from seeing the gooey vagina presented to him via "cuntboy".

Archived