[DOA5LR]change mesh in stage

liliseduce

answering my own question: yes it s feasible!
thanks to TMC insert tool it's possible to modify a mesh structure of a stage. i changed the UV coordinates of this mesh and now the image is correct.
post-2052083-0-31990900-1498748207_thumb.jpg

i'll post a small explanation later of what i did.

Ok here is what i did. i won't be long since everything looks like you are already doing with clothes.

in the previous post i just re edit the UV coordinate and insert the new modified meshed. 

For this post i tried to really insert a new mesh. (i didn't managed to insert a new object)

1) extract your TMC stage in a folder with lnk reshuffle. (select the tab "stage")

2) create inside the same directory a new blender file. (just open blender, remove the cube and save it)

It's important to have the TMC and the blender file at the same directory.

3) now import the TMC inside blender and select those options:

post-2052083-0-53338200-1498777579_thumb.jpg

4) chance is you can't see anything. that's because the hardness of every objects is set to 1. i don't know why. you 'll have to change it to 50.

post-2052083-0-59312000-1498777586_thumb.jpg

I create a small script to change the whole scene.

import bpy
mats=bpy.data.materials
objs=bpy.context.scene.objects
for obj in objs:
    if obj.type=='MESH':
        mats[obj.name].specular_hardness=50

Now you should be able to see your stage  textured (select textuer view in the 3D view)

5) add a Plane, texture it via the UV mapping, then export it to tcmesh export. i won't explain here since it's the same as clothes tutorials.

6) open TMC insert mesh and check the case "Enable insert ....."

post-2052083-0-52800100-1498777592_thumb.jpg

put the mesh to another mesh. 

7) now the result:

post-2052083-0-67147900-1498777598_thumb.jpg

Note: if you can't see the plane just rotate 180° inside blender before exporting the mesh.

yes that was my first purpose (exposed on the first post). the texture of the cupboard is  not regular, so i had to change the UV coordinate.

A warning : TMC object tools won't save if you choose to  "add object". post-2052083-0-75356500-1498895929_thumb.jpg

you can only add a sub object (under an existing object). I don't know how to contact the devlopper of TMC tools to correct this error.

Another question for modders here: my object are empty. my characters can go through them. i don't know how to correct this.

you can see here that hayate is inside a new box.

post-2052083-0-41199100-1498895934_thumb.jpg

If you add new objects in a stage you won't have colision on it.

I've made a lot of test in past to make stage, I've also created an entire one but the colision fix is impossible to do -except if you pose it at the exact same place of an existing one.

Now I didn't tested because at this time it was not possible but maybe Bone Tool could relocate the colision (you'll have to do locate it manually first anyway).

Archived